ATD2019 - Draft Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Wasn't he in this thread? Has he not looked at the 1st page or been following along to see picks = being able to fairly easily determine who's roster belongs to who.....

He said he made sure not to check.

Regardless, it's an interesting exercise, even if he did catch of glimpse of who is who.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Can we at least wait until add/drop is done?

Traditonally our rosters aren't "final" until we post them in the assassination thread.

Writing an assassination for every team ought to take time, so I want to send them as soon as possible to give Sturminator a reasonable window.

How long do you want the add/drop period to be? I say a day or two maximum.

Edit: Apparently in the OP the add/drop period was determined to be 7 days.I feel this rule is outdated, but whatever.I don't want to wait 7 days after the completion of the draft to send Sturm the lineups.His assassinations will no doubt generate discussion, and I want to leave time for that.

Even if a team ends up dropping a spare to add another after I sent them, it shouldn't change the assassination in any significant way.No one is going to drop their 2nd line center (I think/hope?).

Last edited:

Namba 17

May 9, 2011
How long do you want the add/drop period to be? I say a day or two maximum.

Edit: Apparently in the OP the add/drop period was determined to be 7 days.I feel this rule is outdated, but whatever.
I agree. 7 days is senseless. 1 is enough.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
So what do you want to do exactly?

Well... I always liked 2 weeks to assassinate teams (that can be shortened if things die down). But if that's too long for people, then I guess we have to send to sturm earlier than 7 days.

I'm not planning on using add/drop btw, so I don't really care.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Well... I always liked 2 weeks to assassinate teams (that can be shortened if things die down). But if that's too long for people, then I guess we have to send to sturm earlier than 7 days.

I'm not planning on using add/drop btw, so I don't really care.

I say we start the assassinations one day after the last pick, leaving a full day for add/drops (and we might tolerate add/drops a few days later, not like it changes anything).If the discussions are active, leave them for a full two weeks, if not more if it's really active.If it's dying, we can chime in and impose a quick deadline to start the playoffs.

Basically, let's see how it goes first then decide.

I'll send the lineups to Sturm one day after the draft when we start the assassinations.I don't think the add/drops are important enough to delay this fun exercise.

Namba 17

May 9, 2011
I say we start the assassinations one day after the last pick, leaving a full day for add/drops (and we might tolerate add/drops a few days later, not like it changes anything).If the discussions are active, leave them for a full two weeks, if not more if it's really active.If it's dying, we can chime in and impose a quick deadline to start the playoffs.

Basically, let's see how it goes first then decide.

I'll send the lineups to Sturm one day after the draft when we start the assassinations.I don't think the add/drops are important enough to delay this fun exercise.
I agree with this.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Here's the plan I propose, as clearly stated as possible:

1) The 500th pick is made
2) Wait 24 hours for skipped picks and immediate add/drops
3) After the 24 hours, the Assassination Thread opens (and I send the lineups to Sturm), add/drops may continue during the assassinations but must stop once regular season voting opens
4) Let the assassinations continue until at least we're done with the Sturm exercise, then re-evaluate daily.
5) Unless discussions are particularly active/dead, two weeks of assassinations will be the original (but flexible) plan
6) At the deadline, assassinations and add/drops may stop, regular season voting may begin for three days.
7) After the three days, we get the results and the playoffs can begin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad