PK2
Chris Drury - Dirk Graham
Sergei Zubov - Teppo Numminen​

Last edited:

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
I think this may be the most intriguing matchup of the first round. Kootenay is one of my favorite teams in the draft and I think Victoria is pretty well underrated with that six seed, and is as strong an upset candidate as you're likely to find in a 6/3 matchup. A few random thoughts:

- in what is something of a trend in this draft, neither team seems to be attempting to ice a true shutdown line.

- with that in mind, I think Victoria may be better off putting more of its eggs in one basket and icing a Brind'amour - Abel - Bossy line to go strength-for-strength against Kootenay's Russian unit. I believe a Victoria top-5 so aligned (plus Gadsby/Howell, then) trumps the Russian fab five, especially when the Salmon King's advantage in goal is factored in. Brind'amour vs. Mikhailov could get bloody.

- the other reason I would consider putting all my top guns on one line if I was Hedberg is that Bourque/Flaman is a stupidly good second pairing - better than Vasiliev/Lutchenko - and you're always better off keeping your top forwards away from the best defensemen on the other side.

- poor Cecil Dillon. He's a bonafide 2nd line right wing, but he never seems to get drafted by a team that wants to use him that way. In ATD#7, he played out of position at left wing for Speaker, Nalyd and I used him on a suped-up 4th line in ATD#8 and now he's a 3rd liner with Don Luce as his center. Cecil Dillon is basically a pure goal-scorer and Yvon Lambert was a guy who did most of his damage fighting it out in front of the net. I don't think Luce is the right center, at all, to get the most offensively out of these wingers. Swap the wings on the 2nd and 3rd lines and Lambert - Weiland - Dillon can do some damage. Weiland is still low-end for a scoringline center, but he's got a lot more offensive game than Don Luce. I just worry that, as aligned, Kootenay is wasting its depth scoring talent and will struggle to produce beyond the Russians.

- Sergei Zubov is an excellent #3 defenseman, but I dunno about lining him up with Numminen. Neither guy is really a crease-clearer. I think Bubla may be the better fit next to Zubov on the second pairing. Bubla is a player I feel is pretty consistently underrated. He was a good skater and known as a nasty hitter who was strong in his own end. You don't really need two puckmovers on a pairing. Bubla's a better match with Zubov, in my opinion, and Numminen on the third pairing gives your bottom lines a strong puckmover.

Rick Middleton

May 14, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Kootenay Ice
Coach: Anatoli Tarasov

Valeri Kharlamov - Vladimir Petrov - Boris Mikhailov
Dennis Hull - Cooney Weiland - Barney Stanley
Yvon Lambert - Don Luce - Cecil Dillon
Steve Vickers - Mike Ricci - Kevin Dineen
ex. Mike Rogers, Barry Pederson

Valeri Vasiliev - Vladimir Lutchenko
Raymond Bourque - Ferm Flaman

Terry Harper - Ron Greschner
ex. Steve Chiasson

Mike Richter
Al Rollins

How in God's name can you have Bourque as your 2nd line D-man?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
- Sergei Zubov is an excellent #3 defenseman, but I dunno about lining him up with Numminen. Neither guy is really a crease-clearer. I think Bubla may be the better fit next to Zubov on the second pairing. Bubla is a player I feel is pretty consistently underrated. He was a good skater and known as a nasty hitter who was strong in his own end. You don't really need two puckmovers on a pairing. Bubla's a better match with Zubov, in my opinion, and Numminen on the third pairing gives your bottom lines a strong puckmover.

If I might add... Engblom could do the job of the crease clearer, but I see two problems with this... First, I think everybody would admit that Englblom isn't the ideal candidate on a 2nd pairing. Second, well, common sense dictates that the 3rd pairing do play a little more against the bottom lines, the ones that will put their noses in the crease to score goals.

This said, I don't think Kootenay's 1st line will need to be crease-cleared on a consistent basis, and Kootenay's no.1 suspect to crash the net is Yvon Lambert, playing on the.... 3rd line. (and Dineen as well).

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Victoria's new lines:

Victoria Salmon Kings
Coach: Harry Sinden
Captain: Sid Abel
Assistants: Dirk Graham, Rod Brind'Amour, Harry Howell

Rod Brind'amour - Sid Abel - Mike Bossy
Vic Hadfield - Denis Savard - Reggie Leach
Tomas Holmstrom - Chris Drury - Larry Aurie
Dirk Graham - Bobby Carpenter - Terry O'Reilly

Bill Gadsby - Harry Howell
Sergei Zubov - Teppo Numminen
Jiri Bubla - Brian Engblom

Billy Smith
Roberto Luongo

Spares: Olaf Kolzig, Kenny Jonsson, Ron Sutter

PP1
Rod Brind'amour - Sid Abel - Mike Bossy
Bill Gadsby - Sergei Zubov

PP2
Tomas Holmstrom - Denis Savard - Reggie Leach
Harry Howell - Teppo Numminen

PK1
Rod Brind'amour - Sid Abel
Bill Gadsby - Harry Howell

PK2
Chris Drury - Dirk Graham
Sergei Zubov - Brian Engblom

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
This hasn't much to do with this round... But would there be a case for Kenny Jonsson to be considered a better D-Men than Jiri Bubla?
(think i'll post this on the HoH board...)

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
This hasn't much to do with this round... But would there be a case for Kenny Jonsson to be considered a better D-Men than Jiri Bubla?
(think i'll post this on the HoH board...)

I think there would be, but I think for my team Bubla is better suited to a third pairing than Jonsson.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I think what this series comes down to is can the Salmon Kings penetrate the Ice's defence. Bourque-Flaman is an awesome pairing. They can log big minutes against the opponent's top line, and we know what they can do offensively. They really are this team's top defence pairing, even though they're listed as the second pairing, but we know why the Ice's top pairing is listed as such.

I'm not a fan of the Brick Wall strategy. I think it leaves a team lacking in other areas. Kootenay's top goalie is the worst No. 1 in the draft. Richter's a good back-up in this thing. In fact, there are several back-ups who are better. (Alex Connell would look great behind this team). In fact, I think you could make a case that Al Rollins was better than Richter. The brick wall will make life easier for Richter, but we'll see how he does. If Victoria does solve the defence (and there's a lot of talent on this Salmon Kings' team), the Ice are done. Here's the problem: solving a Bourque-Flaman tandem might be as easy as going 12 rounds with Mike Tyson circa 1985.

The Ice's team defence is also outstanding. Weiland can play against anyone, and Luce is an excellent defensive centre.

Goaltending is Victoria's one edge in this series, and there might not be a bigger edge in net than Smith vs. Richter. It's just a matter of if Victoria can get to Richter.

Kootenay's big edge during the regular season was their chemistry. Russian 5 reunited with their old coach. It's a great ploy. But I think it's effectiveness will be diminished by this point in the season. The guys have had a season to sort out the kinks. But there's still a lot to like with the Ice - their defence, their team defence, their skill and a very, very good third line.

Abel-Bossy just works as a tandem. It's not Trottier-Bossy, but Hedberg didn't stray far to find a centre for Bossy who plays just like Trotts. Hadfield's out of place on a first line, I think he's better as a second liner, but he'll give them lots of room to work with.

Evil Sather

YOU KILL THE JOE
Jun 27, 2003
YOU MAKE SOME MO
Visit site
The Anti-Salmon King Part:

I feel the Salmon Kings offense is pretty suspect. The LW corps might be the weakest in the draft offensively. Hadfield lives off that 50 goal 1971-72 campaign but other than that has zero PPG years and only two 30 goal years in a 14 year career. Brind'Amour is a nice grit guy with some solid NHL seasons to his credit but is a pedestrian all-time scorer at best, and certainly not good enough everywhere else to be an acceptable 1st line player.

The bottom six brings almost nothing offensively but 5'6 150 pound Larry Aurie - Drury is a shooter, Holmstrom isn't particularly valuable when not in front of the net, so I don't know what that 3rd line is for. The 4th line seems good at checking and not much else. My team takes almost no penalties, so where's your PP? I don't know how Victoria scores enough.

If the Zubov-Teppo pairing gets caught on against my 3rd or 4th line they can have a lot of trouble handling them on the boards and in front. That 3rd pairing will be a turnstile if the Russian unit plays them. I doubt their showing in non-favorable matchups.

Victoria's first 3 lines seem to follow LW(grinder/hitter) - C(playmaker/offense 1st) - RW (shooter) policy -- Weiland and Luce are I think more than a match shadowing Abel and Savard, even Ricci isn't a bad guy to do the job. The LWs can take punishment but aren't overly skilled, can those RWs deal with ANY of my defensemen's attentions? If they position themselves to block shots and close gaps, can the RWs create offense against my D?

Evil Sather

YOU KILL THE JOE
Jun 27, 2003
YOU MAKE SOME MO
Visit site
The Pro-Ice Part:

As far as Mike Richter goes, he was a fantastic first shot stopping goaltender (1992 vs Penguins from Center Ice notwithstanding) who got in trouble challenging too much on odd-man breaks and by kicking rebounds in the slot. My team is VERY well built to mitigate these negatives and let him focus on seeing the puck and using his other worldly reflexes. Seeing as he's one of the few goalies who actually has a history of beating super-teams (hello, 1996 World Cup MVP Trophy) I don't think he should be penalized for how awful those Rangers teams were in front of him -- several older goalies don't.

If Gadsby and Howell are out against the Russian unit, what forward group is? That 4th line will get exposed if its them, particularly O'Reilly. Kharlamov will eat Bossy alive if its the 1st line. The 2nd line isn't good enough to go offense v. offense, and the 3rd line is too much of a mish-mash. I think Victoria is going to get caugh a lot against that unit.

I don't see what forward is shutting down Greschner and Bourque's rushes. Other than the top 3 LWs and O'Reilly, the forwards seem ripe for intimidation and physicality, just what my top 6 likes to issue.

The Ice's scoring depth is superior -- Dillon is the best secondary scorer IMO, Lambert is like Holmstrom just better in every facet (save deflections? maybe?), Stanley and Hull are only marginally worse than Hadfield and Leach, Vickers and Dineen on the 4th were decent scorers far more so than Graham and O'Reilly were, and I get contributions from a good part of my defense with balance to cover it where Gadsby is going to be busy with the Russian unit and that soft 2nd pairing should be busy fighting physical battles

To reference an earlier point, if my team defense is better, my defense is better, you'll almost NEVER get a powerplay, and I have better top end AND depth scorers, AND you win the game by outscoring the opposition, where's the goals gonna come from? I can't see how I lose this one.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
My defence is very strong as well. Zubov would have looked just as good on those Russian teams. If you only saw Zubov a handful of times every few years, he would be equally impressive as the star defencemen of the Soviet teams. When he’s on the ice, he can control the flow of play. He can quarterback your powerplay and can kill penalties. He’s an offensive equal (he led the 94 Ranger team in scoring) and while he may lack the physical presence of Vasiliev, he has no issues defensively as he a career +146. Numminen is as steady and durable as defencemen get. Playing for the most part on weak or average teams, Numminen has put up impressive points and plus minus stats for the situation and is another player. While again he may not be physical, his positioning is normally flawless. He’s also another strong power play quarterback. Bill Gadsby is tough and brings the strong physical element to the defence. He can clear the net and will not back down from anyone. In an era where defenceman didn’t produce offensively, he put up remarkable numbers. He can also play through injury. Harry Howell is another durable, tough defenceman with offensive upside. The 1967 Norris Trophy winner will work hard, hit, and be sound defensively. Bubla is great at making the break out pass and has excellent positioning. In international tournaments against the Soviets, Bubla proved his equal to them, being named to the all-star teams in 78 and 79 and being the top defenseman in 79. He was also an integral part of the teams that beat the Soviets in 72 and lost to Canada in the finals of 76. Engblom is the final defenceman who will simply provide a tough presence in the zone, much like Harper on Kootenay. I believe the forward groups on these teams are similar. I will get penalties. Kharlamanov was the third most penalized player of the 72 summit series, Dineen, Greschner, Harper, Flaman all several seasons over 100 penalty minutes. Kootenay is not dirty, but Victoria will get powerplays. And with a playmaking centre, a good net presence, a sniper, and two strong pointmen, they will capitalize on the few opportunities they get. I will get goals as it should be evident the teams are nowhere near as one sided as Kootenay suggests. The forwards are a coin flip. And remember that great goaltending can beat any team and Smith is one of the greatest money goalies ever.

Last edited:

Evil Sather

YOU KILL THE JOE
Jun 27, 2003
YOU MAKE SOME MO
Visit site
No one trashed Zubov, though I think he's an average #3 and I'd like him better as a strong 4. Teppo isn't a 4 IMO and your guys WILL get pushed around, positioning or not. I didn't say one word about your top pairing because they're legit, but how much are they going to play? I assume it's against my top unit, because if it's not, I don't see your other 2 pairings stopping them. Harper was much more aggressive than Engblom, don't make that comparison.

You can't really take one series Kharlamov was in where he was the target of some Canadian thuggery as evidence he got dirty. Mikhailov had the dirty rep, not Kharlamov, little to no stock in that. Kevin Dineen is a 4th liner who fought and that's where it comes from, Greschner and Harper are on the 3rd pairing and should see 10-12 minutes a night (more for Greschner on the PP), how many minors are they going to take? Bubla won't take penalties? Can't say he won't have just as many as at least a Greschner because you don't have as fix a stock on his resume.

And with a playmaking centre, a good net presence, a sniper, and two strong pointmen, they will capitalize on the few opportunities they get.

Congratulations, something every single team can say. With an imposing blueline to clear traffic and some excellent defensive forwards, you should have problems getting much of anything on net. Happy?

The forwards are a coin flip.

Man, don't. Come on. Top line v. top line, mine is better, not a lot better, but it is, though if you want to argue your 2/3s of a top line is, go ahead. Your bottom 6 is kind of strange and directionless to me, while my bottom 6 can all score, hit, check, and and defend. That's half your forwards! Leach and Savard is a nice duo and should score a few rush goals, but Savard would need a map to his zone while Weiland can shadow anyone as well as put up points.

And remember that great goaltending can beat any team

Go tell Patrick Roy on the Millionaires that. He could use the encouragement. Look, Smith is better than Richter, by a good margin. Which is good, but the rest of your team is overwhelmed. Richter's capable to standing on his head to beat your team too, don't forget.

Jungosi

Jan 14, 2007
Rendsburg / Germany
Game 1 : Victoria destroys Kootenay

"We can't afford such a no-show by a goalie.These are the playoffs for gods sake." , a visibly angry Anatoly Tarasov stated after his team lost game 1 in humiliating fashion.

The game took a slow start but after a hooking minor against Flaman Victoria started the scoring on the ensuing powerplay. Richter didn't look good on a semi-screened slapshot by Zubov. Then things got worse for the former WCOH-MVP. In the dying seconds of the first period Mike Bossy took a weak shot from about 30ft that caught Richter off guard to make the score two nothing in favour of Victoria. That goal opened the flood gates and the Salmon Kings began to score at will. Bossy and Abel scored a goal each in period 2 .Bossy continued his show in period 3 assisting on 2 more goals by Howell and Hadfield. Reggie Leach settled the final score with a wrist shot through Richter's five hole.

Final score 7-0 Victoria
Boxscore
1st period
10:33 - Zubov (Abel,Gadsby) - PP
19:54 - Bossy (unassisted)
2nd period
4:14 - Bossy (Howell)
8:39 - Abel (Leach,Holmstrom) - PP
3rd period
10:09 - Hadfield (Savard,Bossy)
11:02 - Howell (Bossy)
16:17 - Leach (Zubov,Brind'Amour)

Jungosi

Jan 14, 2007
Rendsburg / Germany
Game 2: Late comeback by Kootenay ties the series in overtime

"I'm proud of my team. After game 1 and trailing 2-0 in game 2 we needed to show character and that's exectly what the guys did , especially Raymond deserves major credit. After his comment on game 1 Tarasov was way more happy this time.

But game 2 started how game 1 ended. Rod Brind'Amour deflected a Zubov slapshot past Richter with 5 minutes into the game. Just one minute later Savard dangeled past half of the Kootenay team and scored a beautyfull goal. From then on Richter took over. He almost singlehandly withstand the onslaught Victoria put on his goal for rest of period one and half of the second period. After around 90 minutes without a goal in the series it was Cooney Weiland to break the ice. Numminen fend on a pass during a powerplay and Weiland took the chance and scored on a semi-breakaway. The Ice started to pushed hard for the tie but Billy Smith denied everything they had to offer. With just 1 minute and 23 seconds left it was Raymond Bourque basicly batteled his way past the Salmon King's defense and scored the tying goal sheer determination.

So the game went to overtime but the overtime wouldn't last for long. Petrov won the opening face-off passed it back to Vasiliev who saw an open Kharlamov. Kharlamov faked a shot , which got Smith out of position and scored top-shelf.

Final score : 3-2 Kootenay , Series tied at 1

Boxscore
1st period
4:44 - Brind'Amour (Zubov,Gadsby)
5:57 - Savard (Howell)
2nd period
10:15 - Weiland (unassisted) - SH
3rd period
18:37 - Bourque (Mikhailov)
Overtime
0:22 - Kharlamov (Vasiliev,Petrov)

Jungosi

Jan 14, 2007
Rendsburg / Germany
5 Russians,4 goals and 1 series lead

Billy Smith saw red after game 3 : "We're to slow for those god damned commies , they are skating circles around us."

The overtime hero from game 2 Valery Kharlamov scored the first goal of the game early in the second period. Before that goal it was a rather boring game with a very slow pace. The goal by Kharlamov was kind of start sign for the russian attack. Billy Smith was able to stop them for most of the second period until Boris Mikhailov crashed the net after a slapshot by Lutchenko. Coach Harry Sinden must have held a great speech between period 2 and 3. The Salmon Kings came out flying and Bossy scored soon to give his team new hope. Petrov diminished all those hopes after scoring on a beautifull pass by Bourque , which caught Victoria on a line change. Bourque would gather 1 more assists on goals by Vasiliev and while effectively shutting down Mike Bossy for most of the game.

Final score : 4-1 Kootenay , Kootenay leads the series 2-1

Boxscore
1st period
scoreless
2nd period
4:54 - Kharlamov (Lutchenko,Petrov)
17:04 - Mikhailov (Lutchenko)
3rd period
3:10 - Bossy (Savard)
5:19 - Petrov (Bourque)
10:41 - Vasiliev (Bourque,Hull) - PP

O'Reilly evens out the series

After a disappointing game 3 Victoria went out flying to tie the series on home ice. For the first time in the series it got ugly and violent. O'Reilly and Flaman played the main roles in the mini brawl that ensued after Tomas Holmstrom had scored for the Kings and was cross-checked in the face by Flaman. O'Reilly gave him a pretty good right with his glove on , what earned him a double minor for roughing. Flaman recieved a cross-checking minor and a minor for roughing. Everyone in the arena knew that this wasn't the last time these two would meet. But let's switch back to hockey for now. Billy Smith displayed some great playoff goaltending during the second period shutting down the Russians completely. Cecil Dillon was able to break the ice midway through the third period with a great wrist shot stickside. Shortly after O'Reilly and Flaman were at it again. This time they dropped the gloves and Flaman gave the irishmen quite a beating. O'Reilly's venegance was way worse for Flaman though. With just a minute left in regulation he destroyed Flaman on the forecheck , caused a turnover and scored the game winning goal.

Final score : 2-1 Victory , series tied at 2

Boxscore
1st period
11:11 - Holmstrom (Leach,Numminen)
2nd period
scoreless
3rd period
9:41 - Cecil Dillon (Luce,Bourque)
19:01 - O'Reilly (unassisted)

Jungosi

Jan 14, 2007
Rendsburg / Germany
Game 5 : One game to go for Victoria

"We outmatched them in every aspect of the game except for goaltending. Smith was unreal tonight. There was no way we can win a game without scoring goals." This absolutely true statement made by Anatoly Tarasov pretty much describes the whole game.

Billy Smith's net was under siege all game but the fortress Smith wouldn't fall to anything. Mikhailov,Hull and Weiland all had some pretty good changes during the first and second period. Early in the third period Bourque blasted a shot from the point , which got deflected on it's way and hit the post. With Smith badly out of position Hull had an wide open net. Somehow Smith managed to dive back and poke the puck away from Hull's stick. This heroic effort might have inspired Vic Hadfield to score the go-ahead goal at the 17 minute mark in the third period. Tarasov pulled Mike Richter with 1 minute left and put everything he had on Billy Smith's fortress but it would not fall.

Final score : 1-0 Victoria , Victoria leads the series 3-2

Boxscore
1st period
scoreless
2nd period
scoreless
3rd period
17:01 - Hadfield (Savard,Bossy)

Bourque ends brawl-filled game in OT

"This series was rather peacefull before this game. Everything exploded out of nowhere." , said Harry Sinden after the game. The catalyst for the violence was an elbow by Terry O'Reilly on Valery Kharlamov. With Kharlamov lying on the ground Mikhailov speared O'Reilly and all hell broke lose. Smith and Richter squared of at center ice , Greshner took on Leach and Vickers fought Graham. It took quite some time to calm down the players enough to continue the game. Petrov and Kharlamov scored quick back to back goals at the end of the first period to give their team a commanding lead into the second period. Shortly after the opening face-off Bourque laid a devastating hit on Rod Brind'Amour. The hit triggered another brawl. Misconducts were handed out to several players. The brawl brought some kind of a momentun switcht , especially with Bourque of the ice. Bossy scored on a beatifull pass by Savard and Zubov scored on the powerplay 4 minutes later. So the this series would go to overtime for the second time and once again it wouldn't last long.
Mike Richter had to be sharp early in the overtime where he made several highlight-reel saves before Raymond Bourque was able to score on a shorthanded breakaway and prolong the series to a seventh game on home ice.

Final score : 3-2 Kootenay , Series tied at 3

Boxscore
1st period
16:41 - Petrov (Mikhailov,Kharlamov)
17:44 - Kharlamov (Vasiliev,Lutchenko)
2nd period
11:49 - Bossy (Savard,Howell)
15:33 - Zubov (Gadsby) - PP
3rd period
scoreless
Overtime
8:01 - Bourque (unassisted) -SH

Jungosi

Jan 14, 2007
Rendsburg / Germany
Joy and tears are just inches apart

"I can't describe how happy I'm right now. It was an incredibly hard series and it's awesome to come out on top in a game like this." , Raymond Bourque , hero of game 6 and unarguably best player of the series told the press after the game.
This game 7 had everything : dramatic moments,heroics and overtime.
Dennis Hull started the scoring early with a slapshot from 30ft. It didn't took the Kings long to respond. Sid Abel scored 2 goals during the first period and added an assist on Mike Bossy's goal that got Victoria the 3-1 lead. It's very possible that Victorias biggest mistake was to slow down their pace and give the Ice a chance to reorganize their game. They made the best of it. Bourque scored with one minute left in the second period and Kharlamov scored two dazzling goals early in the third period. Kootenay made the same mistake as Victoria in shifting down gears. Richter made up for most of it but with just 1 minute and 39 seconds left , after Smith robbed Mikhailov of the insurance marker , Mike Bossy took a chance and put a wrister on Richter. He made the initial save but Holmstrom was there to bury the rebound. The series would once again go to overtime. Unlike the other overtime games this one would go to distance. While not much noticeable happened in the first overtime period , the second was full of action. Richter made to sprawling saves on Mike Bossy. His counterpart did the same thing on the other end of the rink with Barney Stanley. Finally at the beginning of the third OT a harmless slapshot by Lutchenko somehow trippeled through everyone in front of net including Billy Smith and ended the game.

Kootenay wins the game 5-4 and the series 4-3

Boxscore
1st period
6:13 - Hull (Weiland,Flaman)
8:19 - Abel (Howell)
14:01 - Abel (Bossy,Brind'Amour)
18:56 - Bossy (Abel,Gadsby)
2nd period
19:00 - Bourque (Flaman)
3rd period
1:22 - Kharlamov (Petrov)
3:55 - Kharlamov (Mikhailov,Petrov)
18:21 - Tomas Holmstrom (Bossy)
Overtime
1st period
scoreless
2nd period
scoreless
3rd period
1:22 - Lutchenko (Mikhailov,Vasiliev)

Congrats to Evil Sather for winning the series and congrats to Hedberg for building a strong but underrated team. Hopefully we'll see you next time around.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Congratulations Evil Sather on assembling a very strong team and for such a hard and exciting series. Good luck in the next round.

I look forward to the next draft.

papershoes

Dec 28, 2007
Kenora, Ontario
this series for me was one of the toughest to call. both teams are excellent, and the series is remarkably close for a 3 vs. 6.

congrats to evilsather for the win!

and congrats to hedberg for building a very strong team.

great write-ups, great series

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Another really tough series to call. Both teams were excellent and it's unfortunate that one had to go out in the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad