ATD #9 Bob Cole Semifinal: #2 Glace Bay Miners vs. #3 Kingston RMC Paladins

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Alright im doing this one tommorow. Doing it like I currently am doing just wont work. Sorry guys. But I dont think you want this to drag on forever. Which is what it happening.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Kingston Storms Out of Gates;Takes Game 1

Mario Lemieux scored 2 goals and also had 2 assists as the Kingston RMC Paladins took Game 1 by a score of 5-2. Steve Yzerman had the other goal and also added an assist. Phil Esposito scored both goals for the Miners in the losing cause. Chris Chelios also added 2 assists. Paladins goaltender, Grant Fuhr made 26 saves in the win. While Gump Worsley made 39 saves in the losing cause. Game 2 will be played in Glace Bay tommorow night where the Miners will hope to tie the series up.

Three Stars:
1. Mario Lemieux - 2 Goals, 2 Assists
2. Steve Yzerman - 1 Goal, 1 Assist
3. Phil Esposito - 2 Goals, 0 Assists

Kingston RMC Paladins lead the series 1-0.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
2-0. Glace Bay in Trouble.

It was the Mario and Stevie Y show in Game 2. Lemieux would score 3 goals and add 3 assists while Yzerman had 2 goals and 4 assists in a 7-3 thrashing of the Glace Bay Miners. Ace Bailey and John Leclair had the other goals for the Miners. Chris Chelios had a goal and two assists in the losing cause. Esposito would also add a goal and two assists while Bob Gainey scored the only other goal. It was a rough night for Gump Worsley as he faced 35 shots and gave up 7 goals. Grant Fuhr had a strong night, facing 30 shots and making 27 saves. The Miners are in trouble, going back to Kingston down 2-0.

Three Stars:
1. Mario Lemieux - 3 Goals, 3 Assists
2. Steve Yzerman - 2 Goal, 4 Assist
3. Chris Chelios - 1 Goal, 2 Assists

Kingston RMC Paladins lead the series 2-0.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Glace Bay Cuts Series Lead in Half

Gump Worsley finally showed what he was made of as he stopped all 32 shots he faced to record a shutout as the Glace Bay Miners would win 3-0 in Game 3. Phil Esposito had a goal and an assist while Chris Chelios (0 G, 3 A) and Anders Hedberg (2 G, 1 A) both had 3 point efforts in the win. Yzerman and Lemieux combined for 14 shots but were unable to beat Worsley as he shut the door in game 3. Grant Fuhr also had a strong night facing 36 shots and only giving up 3. With the series at 2-1, game 4 will be in Kingston before heading back to Glace Bay.

Three Stars:
1. Gump Worsley - 32 Shots, 32 Saves, 0 GA, SO
2. Chris Chelios - 0 Goals, 3 Assists, +3
3. Anders Hedberg - 2 Goals, 1 Assists

Kingston RMC Paladins lead the series 2-1.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Goalies Star in Game 4 Tilt

Through 60 minutes of play, the score was 0-0. Both goalies had played phenomenal. Grant Fuhr had stopped all 31 shots he had faced, while Worsley stopped all 36 he faced off against. But it was a goal by an unlikely player that settled the game in triple-ot.

Here goes Tony Leswick over the blueline...Leswick tries to deke the defender out but OH NO!! the puck is stolen!! Here comes Art Chapman down the ice he fakes the defender, low wrister, GOAL!!!!!!!!!!

Three Stars:
1. Gump Worsley - 47 Shots, 47 Saves, 0 GA, SO
2. Grant Fuhr - 44 Shots, 43 Saves, 1 GA
3. Art Chapman - 1 Goal, 0 Assists

Tied Series 2-2.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Score Away!

It was a goalscoring type of night. Grant Fuhr and Gump Worsley combined to face 101 shots. It would be another OT night aswell. This time it would end just 3:48 in....as....Phil Esposito would score the game-winner off a great pass by Chris Chelios. The game would end....uh....6-5. Lemieux would score once and add 4 assists while Yzerman had 3 goals and an assist. Chelios had 4 assists for the Miners and Esposito had 2 goals and an assist. Fuhr stopped 44 of the 50 shots he faced, while Worsley stopped 46 of the 51 he faced. The series is 3-2 Glace Bay. They have won 3 in a row. 2 of those games in Kingston. Its impressive...but the sixth game is always the hardest to win.

Three Stars:
1. Steve Yzerman - 3 Goals, 1 Assist
2. Wayne Cashman - 2 Goals, 3 Assists
3. Chris Chelios - 0 Goals, 4 Assists

Glace Bay Miners lead the series 3-2.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
4 in a row!! Say it aint So!

Mario Lemeiux would score 4 times but it would be in a losing effort as the Glace Bay Miners would win the final game 6-5 in OT. Grant Fuhr faced 56! shots in the game and did his best to keep the Paladins in. But it wasnt enough as Chris Chelios would score once and add 3 assists, Phil Esposito would score twice and have an assist, and Bob Gainey would score twice. Chelios also layed quite a few people out and was probably the best player in the game not named Lemieux. Yzerman also had 3 assists in the loss. The winning goal was scored by Bob Gainey at the 5:04 mark of the overtime on a great wrap-around play that left most of the Kingston crowd crying instead of cheering.

Three Stars:
1. Mario Lemieux - 4 Goals, 0 Assists
2. Chris Chelios - 1 Goal, 3 Assists
3. Bob Gainey - 2 Goals, 0 Assists, GWG

Glace Bay Miners win the series 4-2

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Thanks for the writeups chaos. Well done. I know you wound up with a lot on your plate, and I appreciate you taking the time tonight to get them done.

Congrats to Vancouver. I'm very happy to be moving on, but you guys had an excellent team and were a real challenge in my eyes for Glace Bay. The Lemieux/Yzerman combo was excellent, and learning about the Russian 5 was a hilight of the draft.

Looking forward to a great series with the Bisons.:)

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
5star3.jpg

1. Mario Lemieux (10 Goals, 9 Assists, 19 Points)
2. Steve Yzerman (6 Goals, 9 Assists, 15 Points)
3. Chris Chelios (2 Goals, 14 Assists, 16 Points)

Goaltending Statistics
Gump Worsley: 4-2-0, 3.66 GAA, .910 SV%
Grant Fuhr: 2-4-0, 3.50 GAA, .910 SV%​

Congratulations to the Glace Bay Miners on the victory. Also congrats to VanI, FI2 and the Paladins on a hardfought and close series.

Last edited:

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Thanks for the writeups chaos. Well done. I know you wound up with a lot on your plate, and I appreciate you taking the time tonight to get them done.

Congrats to Vancouver. I'm very happy to be moving on, but you guys had an excellent team and were a real challenge in my eyes for Glace Bay. The Lemieux/Yzerman combo was excellent, and learning about the Russian 5 was a hilight of the draft.

Looking forward to a great series with the Bisons.:)
Ill finish the rest tommorow. I have to go study for exams. Right when I get home ill do the last series.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
congratulations TC on a team built in the mold of "defense wins championships"

thanks FI#2 for co-g.m.ing during a time we both were busy

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
Van and FI#2 you guys had a very interesting team out there. I don't think anyone really felt it was a two man team... it was a deeper team than it was given credit for being that would've been a blast to watch. You ran into a team built for playoff wars... but I think this could've gone either way easily.

Looking forward to seeing your next new strategy Van, you always bring something original to the table.

Congrats to Glace Bay

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
The thing is, when I vote for a guy like Chelios to be a star it's not because he'll score 16 points. It's because he'll play tough, smart D and move the puck well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad