ATD 2023 Draft Thread II (see post 1,069 for ATD Final voting result)

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Voted.

Thanks again @tony d for taking control and sending out the PM’s. And thanks to @Theokritos for tallying yet again.

Apologies for the lack of activity. Real life takes precedence over HF Boards. But the ATD seems to be pretty dead across the board. Hopefully it’s just an “off year”.

Reactions: tony d

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Have voted. Things really fell off, lots of regulars left for one reason or another - life can do that - and that obviously slowed a process that's better when it's regimented to keep everyone on their toes and active. Still, always a good experience to team build, and probably best to take the summer off and talk about how or what should be shifted for 2024 to improve the process.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Nothing going on so we should probably stick a fork in this thing for the year, yeah?

It’s sad to see the lack of activity, but I’m glad there are at least a few members who have stuck around to continue voting.

I myself haven’t really been active either. My wife and I have a 4 year old, I work full-time, I have things I’ve been doing around the house, and I’ve been in the process of helping my cousin move into her new house over the past two weeks. Real life just gets in the way of these activities, sometimes. And I imagine many GM’s are similarly busy.

Plus..it’s one thing for me to campaign for mine and TC’s team, but I don’t particularly care to campaign against IE’s team when he’s not around to campaign back.

If everyone is ready to vote, that sounds good to me.

Reactions: nabby12 and Elvis P

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Voted. Low participation this year, but some really solid teams and team concepts. Well done on that everyone.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Woah! Thanks all. HabsFan18 absolutely drove the bus on this thing and did the lion's share of the work and deserves the credit, but still, always nice to see your name in lights nonetheless.

Reactions: Elvis P

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Wow, checking in quickly from work here but thank you to everyone who continued voting right to the end. Participation was at an all-time low and that was tough to see, but a big shoutout to @tony d and @Theokritos for keeping this thing running along.

I’m glad the Voyageurs were well received by the voters. TC and I had a vision in mind for what we wanted to build and we saw it through. I think that although it may not have been the sexiest looking and most exciting team on paper, it was a team built to compete and win, and one that relied on its strengths with a head coach that was very well suited to the club he was managing. We talk about every team looking different stylistically with a specific overall identity in mind. I think the Voyageurs were one of those teams that when you look at what it should be able to do, it should do it very well. At least that was what we believed, and it’s rewarding to see that the majority of voters agreed with that, even if this was mainly a write-off by the end with even less participation than usual.

Thank you again to all, and congrats again to @ImporterExporter on yet another finals appearance. I know it must not be easy getting so close but there’s no doubt in my mind that you’ll win one day. You’re an incredible GM and even though there was no debating and back & forths between you and I , it was an honour to be in a final against you.

Woah! Thanks all. HabsFan18 absolutely drove the bus on this thing and did the lion's share of the work and deserves the credit, but still, always nice to see your name in lights nonetheless.

Give yourself more credit! It was a team effort and you played just as big of a role in this. Congrats on the co-win!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad