ATD 2021 REDUX 2.0 ... sign up

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
ATD 2021 REDUX 2.0

We draft one player from each round of the ATD 2021 draft MINUS the picks in the first REDUX. You cannot select players from earlier or later rounds, only from that round and not ATD REDUX picks. For instance, in ATD REDUX 2.0 a 5th round pick will be from the 24 players in the 5th round of ATD 2021 minus the 8 taken in the first REDUX (24-8=16 options). This rule applies for the first 20 rounds. The last four rounds one may opt for ATD 2021 undrafteds (if not in the first REDUX), or anyone in rounds 21 to 24 of ATD 2021 who weren't picked in ATD REDUX.

But added: There is a plus-one round option. Your 1st round pick is from round 1 or 2; your 2nd round pick is from round 2 or 3, your 3rd round pick is from round 3 or 4, etc. Reach down a little if this round's options don't satisfy.

A 12-hour clock will apply.

Sign-up

1. Dirt 101 - Cleveland Monsters
2. tabness - Washington Water Balloons
3. Claude the Fraud - Portland Winterhawks
4. tony d - Wheeling Nailers
5. Hawkey Town 18 - Chicago Cougars
6. tinyzombies - Willibrord Wanderers

A HARD STOP AT 8. We have 16 options per round, 32 over two rounds, so... in a 8-team draft you at least can pick from 8 options this round, 16 next round.

Certainly, we are sharpening our swords for ATD 2022. The value of players - who was drafted rightly or wrongly before whom - becomes apparent in these REDUX drafts.

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Eligible player list will go here

(I'll post the ATD 2021 draft list here but cross out the picks from the first REDUX)

Last edited:

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
In as the Super Soakers instate rivals the Washington Water Balloons

calvinwaterballoon.jpg

Last edited:

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I'm undecided because I'm not sure what time I have yet (I'm assuming I don't have to commit until the 1st version of this is over).

But could we make it so that different GMs (meaning not HT and tony) have a chance to draft 1st in each round? (when I've done small, casual drafts in the past in sequence, we just rotated the #1 pick).

I like the "delay function" tweak a lot.

Last edited:

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
I'm undecided because I'm not sure what time I have yet (I'm assuming I don't have to commit until the 1st version of this is over).

But could we make it so that different GMs (meaning not HT and tony) have a chance to draft 1st in each round?

I like the "delay function" tweak a lot.

I'd certainly be fine with not getting the 1st or last pick.

Would like to again present this alternative option...
making 2 rounds of Main Draft players eligible (i.e. in Round 1 you can pick players from Rounds 1 & 2 in the Main Draft), as it significantly lessens the advantage of picking first in a round in a way that the "delay function" does not.

For example, if I'm picking first in Round 6, I'll never know if a GM picking at the end of Round 5 will pick a guy from Round 6 instead, and can't make any long term plans based on a certain player in Round 6 being guaranteed.

Now technically there still would be some guaranteed picks for GMs picking first in a round, but there is a punishment for that.
For example, the GM picking first in Round 6 is guaranteed whichever player they want from Round 7 (if you can pick from two Rounds at a time, the beginning of Round 6 is the first time Main Draft Round 7 players are available). BUT, at least a GM would have to give up their Round 6 pick to guarantee himself a Round 7 player.

The "delay function" does not change the fact that the GM picking first in Round 6 will always get first crack at all Main Draft Round 6 players, which is a big advantage in long term planning.

To be clear, I'm fine with any of the 3 options (same as Redux 1 / delay function / 2 rounds eligible).

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The plus one option...

Your 1st round pick is from round 1 or 2; your 2nd round pick is from round 2 or 3, your 3rd round pick is from round 3 or 4, etc.

You can reach down one round if you want to.

K. Let's make it so.

There's no need for a delay option then.

Reactions: Hawkey Town 18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad