ATD 2012 - Draft Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
You've still got an undersized #1 who is going to have to eat up a lot of minutes. Can get you in trouble if you're matched up with some of the top powerforwards in the ATD league..

That's debatable. If you smart enough you can always mask some weaknesses. It's not like I'm going to use Clancy as crease clearer.
Again I see no point taking some who may be bigger, but worse defencively, since he will be not able to defend elite powerforwards too, just for another reason.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
That's debatable. If you smart enough you can always mask some weaknesses. It's not like I'm going to use Clancy as crease clearer.
Again I see no point taking some who may be bigger, but worse defencively, since he will be not able to defend elite powerforwards too, just for another reason.

^That is true you don't have to use him as a crease clearer. And I'm not even bashing your pick, Im just saying Hawkey town needs to chill out as there are some other stud defenceman still out there!

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
i think clancy and pilote are fairly comparable. small, but very feisty (and had many PIM) and good both ways. both were among the very best offensive d-men of their eras. clancy was very fast, while pilote was great on PP.
Pilote's 5'10" 178 lbs was not that small in the 50s and 60s.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Updated my Paul Coffey bio with some contemporary reports about him during his prime.

One of the main reasons I took him this draft was to attempt to recuperate his reputation that for some reason has plummeted over the years - meanwhile there is almost nothing but superlatives in those reports.

I truly believe that people are letting his later career when he was just hanging on cloud their evaluation of him.

Have a look: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=43078593&postcount=18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad