ATD 2011 Draft Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Let me get this straight.:amazed::amazed: You are looking at REGULAR SEASON ice time matched up with PLAYOFF record? That is a farce! Compare regular season #1 ice time with regular season standings at end of season (divisional champion, 3rd seed, 7th seed, etc).

Comparing a seven time all-star to a never played in the all-star game player of the same era is a bit of a joke to begin with. But at least don't monkey around with the statistics. One can twist and lie with numbers easily. They don't mean what you want them to mean.

A) What TDMM said.

B) I was only answering the question TDMM asked - what happened to the teams on which Housley was a #1 even strength defenseman? I'm not trying to smear Housley, this post originated from when I agreed with you re: Housley vs. Brown.

C) I gave you the years that he was a #1; if you want to demonstrate the regular season point totals of those teams, be my guest. If they did better in the regular season than the playoffs, though, that doesn't look good for them, either.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I mentioned it because it's widely known that teams where Housley was a go-to guy went absolutely nowhere. Which is fine for you - he's not a go-to guy on your team. And he's obviously a significantly better player than Jeff Brown of for no other reason than offense.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Any more Jim Coleman participants willing to collect votes? Ignorant me decided to agree to the task before discovering what conference I actually play in.

I might collect for the Jim Coleman if seventies permits. But we still need some one to tabulate for the Red Fisher.

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
Any more Jim Coleman participants willing to collect votes? Ignorant me decided to agree to the task before discovering what conference I actually play in.

I might collect for the Jim Coleman if seventies permits. But we still need some one to tabulate for the Red Fisher.
I pm'd him earlier but withdrew when you volunteered. I'll do it.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
VOTING IS NOW OPEN!

Votes for the Coleman conference go to me (seventieslord).
Votes for the Fisher conference to to Stoneberg (NOT Velociraptor, and certainly not Velocirapist!).

Vote for the final regular season rankings in each division including your own. Give your team a first place vote in your own division; this is your reward for voting, or rather, a penalty for the teams that don't.

Voting will remain open for up to 72 hours; but if we get all the votes early and no more appear to be coming in, we'll close it sooner and get the preliminary round started.

Playoffs start with a 3-day long best-of-3 series between each division's 4th and 5th-ranked teams, the winner advancing to play the division leader. The first round will be 7 days long as there is always the most to discuss, and then shorter from there.

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
I mentioned it because it's widely known that teams where Housley was a go-to guy went absolutely nowhere. Which is fine for you - he's not a go-to guy on your team. And he's obviously a significantly better player than Jeff Brown of for no other reason than offense.

Haven't been following all the discussion of late, but have been playing with some numbers since Housley was mentioned.

Here are the +/- numbers for the 3 D I selected near the end of the draft compared to Housley.

Taking the team totals and the players totals and adjusting for GP expressed as a % of the team total.

Player|GP|TGF|PGF|TGA|PGA|+/-|OFF%|PGF%|DEF%|PGA%|DIF
Murray|1008|1430|444|1334|368|+20|34.19%|51.58%|33.71%|36.77%|+0.48%
Van Boxmeer|588|812|258|616|82|+20|29.56%|48.57%|31.83%|17.71%|-2.27%
JVB no MTL|509|756|251|580|81|+6|35.01%|64.74%|35.39%|23.61%|-0.38%
Brown|747|1260|599|911|199|-51|34.97%|75.15%|32.59%|25.99%|+2.38%
Housley|1495|2403|1069|1527|140|-53|37.53%|84.67%|38.75%|11.37%|-1.22%

Brown's overall + and his amount of PK time probably have a lot owed to the rather weak teams he played for, but still he is surprisingly good for the rep he has.

I never really took note of just how short JVB's peak was before either. Being buried in Montreal for half his career doesn't help of course. His peak was very good though. He was +11.55% while playing 39.05% of Colorado's PK in his last year as a Rockie. The Rockies sucked of course, but he was +40 and +2.33% with a Vezina winner in Buffalo the next season.

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
I have 10 including my own votes for the Fisher conference.

I'll edit in a list.

Edit: Votes Received from the following GMs:

Hedberg
Dreakmur
Sturminator
Dwight
Velociraptor
BraveCanadian
The Sabre
Billy_ShOE1721
Boy Wonder
Stoneberg

Last edited:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Just to be sure , do we rank the conferances AND the divisions or just the divisions?

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
Fine by me.

I'm on the road Thursday from 2:30-8:30pm Atlantic so I can tabulate when I get there (or that morning if enough votes are in).

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
just so it's clear , those votes are only for the regular season huh? because a couple of teams I feel are stronger regular season team than overall team so I wanna know now as I'm currently making all my lists.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
just so it's clear , those votes are only for the regular season huh? because a couple of teams I feel are stronger regular season team than overall team so I wanna know now as I'm currently making all my lists.

If a team you feel is stronger in the regular season than overall (and it should be incredibly obvious which team you're thinking of >_>), then yes, I would vote based on that. However, this is just my personal opinion.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
If a team you feel is stronger in the regular season than overall (and it should be incredibly obvious which team you're thinking of >_>), then yes, I would vote based on that. However, this is just my personal opinion.

An opinion I agree with.

Would be unfair just to point some playoff negatives and not bring the regular season positives.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
An opinion I agree with.

Would be unfair just to point some playoff negatives and not bring the regular season positives.

You can damn well be sure that every playoff negative (including a guy never winning a cup while sporting a playoff beard) will be mentioned. Guys tend to get very vicious come playoff time around here. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad