ATD 2011 Draft Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
Shore-Hall is indeed one nasty pairing with awesome names and first letters. (Shore-Hall the SH pairing...fitting because that's what they're going to cause for you a lot :laugh:)

Next GM (nik jr) PMed.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
People should really stop pronouncing Lemieux: ''le-me-you''

I thought being one of the top 4 player of all-time and already being retired should be enough to make people pronounce your name correctly , how wrong was I.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
People should really stop pronouncing Lemieux: ''le-me-you''

I thought being one of the top 4 player of all-time and already being retired should be enough to make people pronounce your name correctly , how wrong was I.

It's tough for none francophones to pronounce it properly, thats all. It's just easier to say ''la meeeeewww'' instead of ''lameeuuhhhhh''.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
It's tough for none francophones to pronounce it properly, thats all. It's just easier to say ''la meeeeewww'' instead of ''lameeuuhhhhh''.

Pretty lazy attitude , nothing stopped quebecois people to pronounce english names correctly.

There's nothing more difficult in pronouncing Lemieux instead of Lemiou , it's basically the same sound except the last one which is not difficult at all like pronouncing french ''R'' or something that I could understand being difficult.

It's almost the same sound as mothER , suckER , any word with ER , but without the R at the end.How is that complicated.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Pretty lazy attitude , nothing stopped quebecois people to pronounce english names correctly.

There's nothing more difficult in pronouncing Lemieux instead of Lemiou , it's basically the same sound except the last one which is not difficult at all like pronouncing french ''R'' or something that I could understand being difficult.

It's almost the same sound as mothER , suckER , any word with ER , but without the R at the end.How is that complicated.

It's no disrespect to Mario, he's the man. It's just how we were brought up saying his name, lol. An old dog can't learn new tricks.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
It's no disrespect to Mario, he's the man. It's just how we were brought up saying his name, lol. An old dog can't learn new tricks.

Shows the lack of professionalism english hockey writer/journalist/commentator have shown over the years.Can't say french ones are better for their overall work, but definately more professional in pronouncing europian/american/englsih canadian names that's for sure.

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
So, I'm going a bit off the board here, and this I'm playing a dangerous game, but I can explain why quite easily. I think he will very soon be a legitimate top-200 player. Let's do a VERY RUDIMENTARY AND FLAWED COMPARISON THAT DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN I THINK PLAYER X IS BETTER THAN ANY OF THOSE GUYS:

Top -10 Points finishes and AST's and major trophies. These are all RW's:

Player X: 1, 4*, 5, 6. Two FAST's*, Two SASTs The *<--- Is important. Also one of the only Hart Trophy winners in the list I am making here.

Brett Hull: 2, 4, 5. Three FAST's. Hart Trophy Winner.

Yvan Cournoyer: 6, 8. Four SAST's. Conn Smythe Trophy Winner.

Cam Neely: Never made top 10 in points. Four SAST's.

Jarome Iginla: 1, 3, 8. Three FAST's One SAST. Hart Finalist a couple of times.

Pavel Bure: 2, 3, 5, 7. One Fast, Two SAST's.

Teemu Selanne: 2, 2, 5, 5, 7, 8. Two FAST's, Two SAST's.

Lanny McDonald: 8, 10. Two SAST's.

Rod Gilbert: 5, 5, 7, 8, 9. One FAST, One SAST.

Rick Middleton: 10, 10. One SAST.

Glen Anderson: 9. No AST's.

Tim Kerr: 9. One SAST.

One can see why I like this guy. (just a very basic comparison, but in it he stacks up extremely well to a lot of drafted RW's, and his AST record is pretty telling.)
Not only that, but this guy is actually a rather good two-way player, peaking at a 4th in Selke voting. He may not be the toughest or most intidimiating guy, but he's got a lot of heart.

He doesn't have the most extensive playoff record (quite worse than a number of RW's taken ahead of him that I'd like to compare him too), but he has rocked when he has gotten the opportunity, including a year of being 2nd in playoff scoring.

So what does the * mean? It means I'm projecting, so you can't actually count that fourth and 1 of his FASTs (yet), but if all goes well, then this guy will get 'em.

Who is Player X?

RW Martin St. Louis

And now the unveiled top line;

Nels Stewart-Ron Francis-Martin St.Louis

Last edited:

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
RW Martin St. Louis

And now the unveiled top line;

Nels Stewart-Ron Francis-Martin St.Louis

If you're really ambitious, the stylistic comparison for St. Louis is probably Doug Bentley. Actually, I'm not sure the results are all that different, but then again, I'm pretty ruthless with Bentley's war years. I think it's a good pick, though your first line looks like it will be a touch vulnerable to tough defensive right wingers as almost all of the goal-scoring will go through Stewart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad