ATD 2011 Draft Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derick*

If you read my post closely, you would have seen that i mentioned "earlier in his career".. which is true, earlier in his career, he WAS that power forward guy that played hard everywhere on the ice and worked hard for his goals. He doesn't really do that anymore to my knowledge. His goal totals this year have improved, but ********* has also improved.. not a coincidence in my mind. Goal scorers that aren't willing to sacrifice themselves to score them need a playmaker to help them out. Very few exceptions to this.

My whole point was that Iginla being a perimeter player of recent years is being exposed due to lack of a solid playmaker.

Except I didn't say what he's doing now. I complimented him in an ATD context and you said "Iginla? Do it alone? LAWL!", and considering my compliment was true of him in his prime, it applies in an ATD context, and your response was rude and ignorant, regardless of what you said later.

Further, there's nothing to suggest he's been "exposed". He played well without a playmaker for the better half of a decade and now, on the wrong side of thirty, his goal scoring went down. That suggests it's entirely a matter of his age and not some flaw that existed all along.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Except I didn't say what he's doing now. I complimented him in an ATD context and you said "Iginla? Do it alone? LAWL!", and considering my compliment was true of him in his prime, it applies in an ATD context, and your response was rude and ignorant, regardless of what you said later.

Further, there's nothing to suggest he's been "exposed". He played well without a playmaker for the better half of a decade and now, on the wrong side of thirty, his goal scoring went down. That suggests it's entirely a matter of his age and not some flaw that existed all along.

The sky is falling.

The trees are burning.

And you, my friend, can't take jokes at all.

How sad. :(

Don't see what you don't understand. He's a perimeter player now, so now that he isn't taking damage to his body to score goals, his goal scoring is down, because he doesn't have an elite playmaker to work with. Nothing complicated.

How's Adam Oates sound? :D

I like it. Better than Hull because unlike Hull, Iginla will actually do some things for himself too.

Derick*

Typical "you can't take a joke" trump card from someone who's gotten called out for saying something stupid and ignorant.

Typing lawl in all-caps in response to something perfectly true isn't a "joke." It's being an idiot.

Derick*

Don't see what you don't understand. He's a perimeter player now, so now that he isn't taking damage to his body to score goals, his goal scoring is down, because he doesn't have an elite playmaker to work with. Nothing complicated.

Don't see what you don't (refuse to) understand about the fact that what I said in the first place wasn't about what he's doing now, but about his value in an ATD. Nothing complicated.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Typical "you can't take a joke" trump card from someone who's gotten called out for saying something stupid and ignorant.

Typing lawl in all-caps in response to something perfectly true isn't a "joke." It's being an idiot.

You're just fanning the flames at this point. I was done after that last post.

Even if it wasn't a joke, why does it bother you so much? Iginla has been having a hard time doing ANYTHING by himself for a few years now. Before that, he was awesome, these days, he can't do it alone anymore. That's really all I was trying to say.

Derick*

You're just fanning the flames at this point. I was done after that last post.

It's not my responsibility to stop responding to your posts because you intended to stop talking about it after the last one. It could have been your last one if you wanted it to be. I'm not "fanning the flames" by criticizing what you say anymore than you are by doing so to me.

Even if it wasn't a joke, why does it bother you so much? Iginla has been having a hard time doing ANYTHING by himself for a few years now. Before that, he was awesome, these days, he can't do it alone anymore. That's really all I was trying to say.

It doesn't "bother me so much." You said/implied something wrong so I described it as such and as you continued to say wrong/ignorant things I continued to describe them as such. If it looks like I'm overreacting it's because you insist on defending it.

Again, what he does these days is irrelevant. I was describing how what he did for ~7 years increased his value in an ATD and you rudely implied it was wrong, but it wasn't wrong, therefore your comment was rude and ignorant.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Meh, whatever. I really did mean it as a knock on the Iginla of these days. I have nothing but respect for the legacy he's built up so far, just not the last few years.

Derick*

If you meant to knock something the way to express that isn't to laugh at a statement about a different, true thing. You said what you said and that's why I described it for what it was, not because "I can't take a joke."

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
If you meant to knock something the way to express that isn't to laugh at a statement about a different, true thing. You said what you said and that's why I described it for what it was, not because "I can't take a joke."

Very well. Enough. This thread is over. LOCK PLZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad