ATD#11 Bob Cole Final: Detroit Falcons (1) vs. Regina Pats (2)

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Detroit Falcons
LogoNhlDetroitFalcons.jpg

(1930-1932)

Coach: Fred Shero

Dickie Moore (A) - Sid Abel (C) - Bill Mosienko
Busher Jackson - Jacques Lemaire - Lanny McDonald (A)
Esa Tikkanen - Fleming Mackell - Claude Lemieux
Gordon Roberts - Tommy Dunderdale - Ken Randall
Buddy O'Connor - Ernie Russell

Raymond Bourque (A) - Alexander Ragulin
Jimmy Thomson - Gus Mortson
THE GOLD DUST TWINS [1946-1952]
Lloyd Cook - Alexander Gusev
Taffy Abel

Frank Brimsek
Riley Hern

VS.

The Regina Pats

GM: seventiesvancitylordluongo
Coach: Tommy Gorman

Aurel Joliat - Darryl Sittler (A) - Guy Lafleur
Tommy Phillips - Norm Ullman - Odie Cleghorn
Craig Ramsay - Don Luce - Danny Gare (A)
Harry P. Watson - Jack Adams - Bobby Schmautz

Sprague Cleghorn (A) - Red Horner
Lionel Conacher - Joe Simpson
Jack Marshall - Art Coulter (C)

Clint Benedict
Roberto Luongo

Extras:
C Doug Weight
RW/D Ron Stewart
D/C/LW Goldie Prodger

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Good luck EB. Regina looks forward to beating you.... or being beaten by you, whatever the case may be.

Besides our own squad, we like yours the best in the draft, and I have a feeling you'd say the same thing.

We build our teams similarly, post similar-looking bios, rate players similarly, and argue our series in similar fashions. This will be a great bout.

I wish this was the final. But we're stuck in the same division as the strongest opponent we can get.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Haven't been around much lately, but I'd just like to echo the sentiments of my co-GM from the post above. Here's to a great series EB; seventies and I have been talking since about the 5th round about how we'd need to get through you if we wanted to win this thing, and get through you we'll have to. This series will be a "we're gonna win, or die trying" type matchup for both teams, IMO.

Good luck EB, and may the better team win.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Regina should win the final in the Cole,
Because Detroit from Kelowna stole.
Papershoes wanted to reunite the Oilers,
Now Eagle's alive and Kelowna are spoilers.
The deal sure helped my good friend Eagle
Sometimes I wonder if it should have been Legal :)

But that's not why Regina will win.
Phillips will speed around Ragulin.
McDonald will be ineffective, shaking off rust,
And Cleghorn will turn the twins to dust.
Benedict will steal pucks like a traitor,
Compared to Brimsek he's just plain greater.

But that's not all. Our Sabres can check.
They'll give Abel no ice, not even a speck.
Lemaire on the 2nd line ain't no playmaker,
And watch out for Horner when he throws a haymaker.
Don't forget about gritty Schmautz,
He's going to enjoy outmuscling Roberts lots.

So as I sew up this poetic suture,
You can see that winning is in our future.
Not because of the words I can rhyme,
But because of the players on our lines.
So remember to vote for us, as I take my bow,
Eagle, I'd appreciate if you'd concede now.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
A few observations (not comprehensive):

- Both teams have excellent third lines, though they serve different purposes. I’ve argued several times before that the Ramsay/Luce duo is one of the very best forward defence pairs in history (allowing a clearly inferior Sabres team to kill penalties as effectively as the dynasty Canadiens); they also made some significant contributions offensively.
- On the other hand, the Falcons have ridiculously clutch scorers on their third line; we all have seen or know about Lemieux and Tikkanen, but Mackell, a defensively responsible, tough, feisty player, consistently raised his game in the playoffs. During the span of his career he was 7th in playoff scoring (and 11th in games played), finishing 6th-1st-8th in PO scoring during his best three consecutive years. This line will be extremely tough to play against (may cause some Pats to take stupid penalties) and will chip in with some timely goals.
- I’m concerned about the Pats’ top defense pair due to their lack of discipline. Cleghorn and Horner were two of the dirtiest and most penalized players of their era. Seventies has an interesting quote suggesting that Horner rarely took undisciplined penalties (presumably mostly getting fighting majors?) but the fact remains that he spent an inordinate amount of time in the penalty box (leading the NHL in PIM) seven times. Cleghorn was once suspended by his own owner and for actions "befitting an animal". Can the top defense pair spend enough time on the ice, especially against an antagonistic opponent? (Sidenote: Coulter, a four-time all-star and defensive rock, is far overqualified for third pair duty and can handle a fair amount of ice time, which somewhat reduces this concern).
- I think most of us finally realize how good Brimsek was, but Benedict is still badly underrated. I wrote a very long post about Benedict for the Top 100 project (http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=14266091&postcount=20). He had a Gretzky-like stranglehold on every statistical category for most of his career, and there’s strong evidence to suggest that he wasn’t a product of his team. I know it’s tough to evaluate goalies from so far back but I put Benedict around the Hall/Brodeur/Dryden level.
- Both fourth lines are centred by players who are far overqualified for 4th line duty.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
A few observations (not comprehensive):

- I’m concerned about the Pats’ top defense pair due to their lack of discipline. Cleghorn and Horner were two of the dirtiest and most penalized players of their era. Seventies has an interesting quote suggesting that Horner rarely took undisciplined penalties (presumably mostly getting fighting majors?) but the fact remains that he spent an inordinate amount of time in the penalty box (leading the NHL in PIM) seven times. Cleghorn was once suspended by his own owner and for actions "befitting an animal". Can the top defense pair spend enough time on the ice, especially against an antagonistic opponent? (Sidenote: Coulter, a four-time all-star and defensive rock, is far overqualified for third pair duty and can handle a fair amount of ice time, which somewhat reduces this concern).

That was part of the stragegy with Coulter. Also, don't forget Luce and Ramsay are on the PK so we have what it takes to minimize the damage.

- I think most of us finally realize how good Brimsek was, but Benedict is still badly underrated. I wrote a very long post about Benedict for the Top 100 project (http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=14266091&postcount=20). He had a Gretzky-like stranglehold on every statistical category for most of his career, and there’s strong evidence to suggest that he wasn’t a product of his team. I know it’s tough to evaluate goalies from so far back but I put Benedict around the Hall/Brodeur/Dryden level.

Absolutely he's underrated.

The strangleholds he had in categories like wins, GAA, and shutouts are quite remarkable, not to mention the Stanley Cups.

I haven't seen the evidence that he wasn't a product of his team. I have always said that there's a chance that he was. In any case, his career was very similar to Brodeur - very long, same team, multiple cups, always great GAA, lots of wins and shutouts, debatable how much of the success was him and how much was his team.

It's a shame that with older goalies we have to rely more on things like GAA to assess them. It's a stat I dislike and I prever sv% to it in all cases where it's available. (for example, thanks to low shots against, Brodeur's GAA flatters him, and his sv% is rarely among the leaders) If you look at how often Benedict was the statistical leader of his league compared to Brodeur, I don't see how it could be wrong to say he was at least the Brodeur of his time.

I'd like to whip up some crack "adjusted wins" sometime for Benedict dating back to his first NHA season - All I'd have to do is adjust based on schedule length and another 10% for shootouts. I think he'd be in the 500 range, and over 100 in the playoffs.

- Both fourth lines are centred by players who are far overqualified for 4th line duty.

Agree. I like Dunderdale just as much. Originally I wanted him more than Adams. In the end I am happy with what we got. Dunderdale is better at scoring and though he appears tough, Adams is certainly the more renowned pugilist. It's amazing low little anecdotal evidence on Dunderdale exists, and we have to rely on his PIM totals to assume he's a tough player.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Sorry HO, I see what you mean now about the evidence about Benedict not being a product of his team. It's just one instance but pretty compelling.

As impressive as your post makes Benedict look, it even sells him short a bit by cutting off the NHA years.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Well, I should throw something together here or the higher seed will win by default. And maybe he still will anyway. It's an outstanding team.

First, in coaching I don't think any of us can claim to have a major advantage. Shero and Gorman are both 2nd-tier coaches. I really like that in this draft a lot of info was presented that demonstrated just what kind of coaches they were. It's so much more telling than "he won some cups" or "he won this many games". If anything I'd like to claim that Gorman's proven success with Benedict, Conacher and Coulter gives him an edge.

In net, I like Benedict better than Brimsek, and that's no secret. Brimsek is still an above-average ATD goalie, mind you, but Benedict is just better. He led his league in statistical categories much more often. He won two more cups, one with an expansion team. He was better in the playoffs. Brimsek has an impressive 8 All-Star Teams but it's not a stretch to say Benedict could have as many as 12, and that's even if you imagine pro hockey merged in 1910 instead of 1926. I've got Benedict around 8th on my list, Brimsek around 12th. I'd say he has an overall edge, but that edge is even more pronounced in the playoffs.

It's a battle of strong defense corps. Bourque is Bourque. Cleghorn, a sure top-60 player, is the next-best defenseman here, followed by Conacher, the two-time hart runner-up and shot-blocking playoff beast. There is some definite real-life chemistry on Detroit's second pairing that can't be ignored.

Comparing the first and second pairings is like a yin and yang. Detroit has the best and worst first-pairing guys in the series, and Regina has the best and worst second-pairing guys. Regina has a sure edge in the bottom pairing with two solid HHOFers patrolling the blueline to form a formidable shutdown pair. Cook is a mostly underappreciated offensive star (whom I appreciate) and Gusev was a steal, but are either of them HHOF caliber?

Detroit is full of great players so our best bet is going to be exploiting the players who are out of their element. In particular, Mosienko, Lemaire, and Roberts.

Mosienko has speed but has no grit to speak of, and he is tiny. This is not a good matchup for him, no matter which defense pairing he faces. Cleghorn and Conacher will eat him alive, and Marshall is not only tough, but can keep up with him some of the time. I also don't think he has the skill for a first-line role. Outside of war yars, he was 2nd in goals once and 10th twice, and 7th/10th in assists. He's outmatched here.

Lemaire is a major concern for Detroit. Thanks to his modest physicality and good two-way play he can still be useful, but I think he would be most useful on a 3rd line. Is he offensive enough for a second line at this level? One top-10 in goals. One top-10 in assists. I think the best playmaker on this line is Busher Jackson (3 top-10s in assists) but then do you want Jackson to be the puck carrier, passer, and shooter of the line? Doesn't make much sense. This entire line has no playmaking presence: no top-2s, one top-5, four top-10s, eight top-15s, and 11 top-20s in assists: Less than Ullman has alone! (0-2-9-12-15) The line's lack of playmaking is not the fault of Jackson and McDonald, who are both excellent second line wingers, but the fault of Lemaire, who just isn't cut out for this role.

Lastly, there is Roberts. There is no denying his talent. He's one of the best pre-merger players and I have nothing to say disparaging his skill level. But I am not sure he's a 4th-line type player. This "power forward" business may be overblown. All I read about him is that he was strong and tireless. I never saw him as being rough or tough in anything I read. Although he is strong, he won't know what to do against tough players like Schmautz, Gare, and Cleghorn. No doubt he will put in a couple goals. So will our 4th line LW, but that guy is actually built for 4th line duty so he will be much more useful.

If Regina successfully exploits these three players, victory should be assured.

There is one more thing that should be mentioned, and that is defensive play among the forwards. particularly the third lines. Regina has a clearly defined shutdown line - the Sabres chemistry and even-strength dominance together is well-documented. They went up against top lines for years, and outscored them by about 175 goals over six seasons. They can do the same to Detroit's first line.

Detroit's third line is certainly their defensive line. And they will probably match it up against our first when they can. But is it a shutdown line? Tikkanen is a shutdown player - one of the best. But MacKell and Lemieux are gritty clutch scorers - not really defensive guys, or at least not at the shutdown level. I think they'll put in a couple of clutch goals, probably a game winner. But the Ramsay line has proven to be able to do this too, against top lines.

I like our chances.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
I've got 20 minute for this, I'll try my best to give you something.

Well, I should throw something together here or the higher seed will win by default. And maybe he still will anyway. It's an outstanding team.

Your's too, you know I respect your team very much.

First, in coaching I don't think any of us can claim to have a major advantage. Shero and Gorman are both 2nd-tier coaches. I really like that in this draft a lot of info was presented that demonstrated just what kind of coaches they were. It's so much more telling than "he won some cups" or "he won this many games". If anything I'd like to claim that Gorman's proven success with Benedict, Conacher and Coulter gives him an edge.

You're right that both are second tiers coach. However, I feel my team was built for a Shero's team like I told in my last serie. A fast and aggressive team all the way through the lineup with cluch scoring abilities and willingess to give it all. There's no reason in my opinion to think you can have an edge on that department.

In net, I like Benedict better than Brimsek, and that's no secret. Brimsek is still an above-average ATD goalie, mind you, but Benedict is just better. He led his league in statistical categories much more often. He won two more cups, one with an expansion team. He was better in the playoffs. Brimsek has an impressive 8 All-Star Teams but it's not a stretch to say Benedict could have as many as 12, and that's even if you imagine pro hockey merged in 1910 instead of 1926. I've got Benedict around 8th on my list, Brimsek around 12th. I'd say he has an overall edge, but that edge is even more pronounced in the playoffs.

Overall, I've got Clint Benedict 8th on my list and Brimsek 11th. Brimsek was a very good playoff performer. His legacy could of been more impressive like many if he didn't missed 3 prime years due to the war.

It's a battle of strong defense corps. Bourque is Bourque. Cleghorn, a sure top-60 player, is the next-best defenseman here, followed by Conacher, the two-time hart runner-up and shot-blocking playoff beast. There is some definite real-life chemistry on Detroit's second pairing that can't be ignored.

The order is right, with Ragulin as the 4th D. I don't see how Lionel Conacher is more of a playoff ''beast'' than a Raymond Bourque or the Gold Dust Twins. All of them were able to elevate their game come playoffs.

Comparing the first and second pairings is like a yin and yang. Detroit has the best and worst first-pairing guys in the series, and Regina has the best and worst second-pairing guys. Regina has a sure edge in the bottom pairing with two solid HHOFers patrolling the blueline to form a formidable shutdown pair. Cook is a mostly underappreciated offensive star (whom I appreciate) and Gusev was a steal, but are either of them HHOF caliber?

You're selling my 2nd pairing advantage very short. Jimmy Thomson and Gus Mortson edge over Lionel Conacher but especially Joe Simpson is huge. Although Conacher is a fantastic #2 defenseman and ahead of Thomson, Simpson is IMO not someone I would play #4 minutes, but more #5 or #6 minutes. It's undeniable that Coulter is incredible to have as a 3rd pairing defenseman, but I feel both Gusev and Cook are better overall players than Jack Marshall, even though the latest is in the HHOF. Just for the enjoyment, I'll post yet again my rant on them:

''So, I'll have the advocate for my third pairing. If you don't know them, click on the players link. Lloyd is a tremendous offensive defenseman. His offensive instinct brought him 3 Retro Norris in the PCHA. 4 time scoring leader among D, 5 time goalscoring leader among D. He didn't shied away from using his body. I discover Cook last draft when BM reunited the famous Cook-Duncan duo, I feel both of them are extremely underrated and deserve better fate (especially Duncan as a 7th D!). He's an elite 5th defenseman is paired up with a good defensive defenseman. Alexander Gusev is the strong defensive presence. I was watching the summit series not long ago the famous new years eve CCCP-Canadiens games and I focus my attention to #2, and I was extremely impress. He was playing first PP time with Vasiliev, but except his booming shot you don't except a strong offensive game from Gusev. However, Gusev was very big and has a strong reach. he was always well position and was a good skater for his ice. What I was surprise to see is how good of a good passer he was, especially the first pass in the defensive zone. Always on the tape, VERY seldomly does he miss a pass on the transition. He was also a strong leader, wearing a letter most of his career.''

... I don't have time to talk about he other points, 30 minutes only I got in the last 5 days. I'll take 5 minutes to cruise through a couple of points.

- Lemaire was an incredible playoff performer who could elevate his game in the playoffs. I saw him play for 15 games, and he was a very good passer from what I've saw, especially taking advantage of his speedy wingers in the neutral zone. Jackson and McDonald should be complemented pretty well.

- As much as I like and respect Odie Cleghorn, but especially Tommy Phillips, the edge on my second line is as good as it can get. I've got Busher Jackson who's one of the best left winger of all-time. His speed, crestivity, scoring ability and his tenacity are abilities that few can match. Lanny McDonald was an incredible goalscorer with speed and was not afraid of anyone.

- With the likes of both Cleghorn and Horner on your lineup, I think my clutch team with a lot of firepower could take advantage on the PP on some of the penalties you'll take.

- I talk a lot about clutch scoring, but one of my biggest strenght is that all my players through my lineup elevate their game in the playoffs. I've got some of the best playoff performer on my lineup with Dickie Moore, Esa Tikkanen, Claude Lemieux, Raymond Bourque and awesome supporting cast with Sid Abel, Jacques Lemaire, Fleming Mackell, the Gold Dust Twins. I think it's important to not sell my third line short, who can and will score clutch goals while being grest defensively, shadow their opponent and be pesky and aggressive. It's one of the toughess line to ever play against in the playoffs that I've saw since I am in the ATD.

- Regina played 3 series, I played 2. They are a little more tired.

.... Damn really got to go. It'll be a pleasure to talk a little more about this matchup even after tomorrow. That's all the time I can give to the ATD for the week (I'll keep another 30 minutes to tabulate the results.)

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Overall, I've got Clint Benedict 8th on my list and Brimsek 11th. Brimsek was a very good playoff performer. His legacy could of been more impressive like many if he didn't missed 3 prime years due to the war.

Man, every time you make a post I can't help but notice how often we think so alike.

So you agree Regina has the better goalie. Good :)

The order is right, with Ragulin as the 4th D. I don't see how Lionel Conacher is more of a playoff ''beast'' than a Raymond Bourque or the Gold Dust Twins. All of them were able to elevate their game come playoffs.

I never said Conacher was any more of a beast than Bourque. Come on, it's Bourque, what more can we say about the Gordie Howe of defensemen?

You're selling my 2nd pairing advantage very short. Jimmy Thomson and Gus Mortson edge over Lionel Conacher but especially Joe Simpson is huge.

Hey, all I said was that we have the best and worst 2nd pairing defensemen. As in, Conacher is the best of the four, and Simpson is the worst. I think you agree, you just don't realize it. :)

No one needs to explain why the Twins work. It's a great real-life pairing. I like Simpson with Conacher because it allows Conacher to focus more on his true strengths - using his great size to lay the body, clear the crease, and block shots. He can move the puck if he has to, but the speedy Simpson will make that his role.

Although Conacher is a fantastic #2 defenseman and ahead of Thomson, Simpson is IMO not someone I would play #4 minutes, but more #5 or #6 minutes.

Because Simpson is not being used on the PK at all, I would expect that when all is said and done he will end up 5th/6th in minutes played among defensemen.

It's undeniable that Coulter is incredible to have as a 3rd pairing defenseman, but I feel both Gusev and Cook are better overall players than Jack Marshall, even though the latest is in the HHOF. Just for the enjoyment, I'll post yet again my rant on them:

''So, I'll have the advocate for my third pairing. If you don't know them, click on the players link. Lloyd is a tremendous offensive defenseman. His offensive instinct brought him 3 Retro Norris in the PCHA. 4 time scoring leader among D, 5 time goalscoring leader among D. He didn't shied away from using his body. I discover Cook last draft when BM reunited the famous Cook-Duncan duo, I feel both of them are extremely underrated and deserve better fate (especially Duncan as a 7th D!). He's an elite 5th defenseman is paired up with a good defensive defenseman. Alexander Gusev is the strong defensive presence. I was watching the summit series not long ago the famous new years eve CCCP-Canadiens games and I focus my attention to #2, and I was extremely impress. He was playing first PP time with Vasiliev, but except his booming shot you don't except a strong offensive game from Gusev. However, Gusev was very big and has a strong reach. he was always well position and was a good skater for his ice. What I was surprise to see is how good of a good passer he was, especially the first pass in the defensive zone. Always on the tape, VERY seldomly does he miss a pass on the transition. He was also a strong leader, wearing a letter most of his career.''

Marshall is absolutely in the same category. Unfortunately there are no NHA all-star teams but he very well could have been on them. He was a defensive presence and he could skate and play physical. And having won the cup six times in an era where your top-6 played almost the whole game, you have to think his play had a lot to do with it and he's got to be a leader, too. His offensive play is underrated but don't forget that in his younger years he was a scoring star who led his league twice in the regular season and then twice in the playoffs. We're getting a little bit of everything out of Marshall and all things considered I don't think you can conclusively say Gusev or Cook is better.

Pretend it's 1920, Marshall has just retired and Cook is just winding down. Hockey pundits sit around a table smking cigars and one says "so fellas, you have to win one game for the cup. Who do you want on your blueline, Marshall or Cook?" How do they all respond?

- Lemaire was an incredible playoff performer who could elevate his game in the playoffs. I saw him play for 15 games, and he was a very good passer from what I've saw, especially taking advantage of his speedy wingers in the neutral zone. Jackson and McDonald should be complemented pretty well.

It's a good thing he has good wingers. He's used to having the best winger in the league. How will he do when he's only got the 20th-best winger in this league? You can say he was a good passer, but where are the results? Surely with Lafleur he could have put up better assist totals than that. I'm not buying his playmaking. No doubt he was a good playoff performer though.

- As much as I like and respect Odie Cleghorn, but especially Tommy Phillips, the edge on my second line is as good as it can get. I've got Busher Jackson who's one of the best left winger of all-time. His speed, crestivity, scoring ability and his tenacity are abilities that few can match. Lanny McDonald was an incredible goalscorer with speed and was not afraid of anyone.

Phillips and Cleghorn were both incredible goalscorers with speed and neither was afraid of anyone.

Although there is an edge on the wings... Ullman vs. Lemaire? Come on... the 2nd lines are a wash.

- With the likes of both Cleghorn and Horner on your lineup, I think my clutch team with a lot of firepower could take advantage on the PP on some of the penalties you'll take.

That's where Ramsay and Luce come in. They killed penalties better than the late 70's Habs. They'll be fine here.

- I talk a lot about clutch scoring, but one of my biggest strenght is that all my players through my lineup elevate their game in the playoffs. I've got some of the best playoff performer on my lineup with Dickie Moore, Esa Tikkanen, Claude Lemieux, Raymond Bourque and awesome supporting cast with Sid Abel, Jacques Lemaire, Fleming Mackell, the Gold Dust Twins. I think it's important to not sell my third line short, who can and will score clutch goals while being grest defensively, shadow their opponent and be pesky and aggressive. It's one of the toughess line to ever play against in the playoffs that I've saw since I am in the ATD.

I'm not disputing that there's some clutch scoring there, because there is. But let's not equate peskiness to defensive play. MacKell and Lemieux aren't defensive stars. Is the line as a whole defensive enough to stop Lafleur/Sittler/Joliat? Or just knock off Joliat's cap a few times?

A couple more things:

One thing that could prove to be the undoing for Detroit, is their lack of right-handed defensemen. You know they say you can never have too many right-shooting defensemen.

Detroit has one in their current lineup - and it's Jim Thomson. And he's on the left side. So two pairings have two left-shooting defensemen, and the other one, a natural pairing, has them swapped from what they naturally prefer. This doesn't bode well for Detroit.

Regina, on the other hand, was careful to pair left shooters with right shooters and align them naturally. The exception is the 3rd pairing where Art Coulter, a right shooter, is over on the left. Regina has five of six defensemen playing their side. Detroit has two.

Lastly, considering we are now the underdog team, if there was ever a time for Tommy Gorman to work his magic and get a superhuman effort from his team, it's now. Look what Alex Connell had to say about his abilities as a coach:

"You know Gorman is like a tonicâ€, he said. “He can make you do things you never thought yourself capable of".

Dave Trottier said:

"Tommy’s the man who developed the harmony. Remember that."

And his captain, Hooley Smith, had this to say:

"boy, he could make you feel like the best player in the league. Then you’d get out there and really play hockey. Gorman knows how to inspire his players"

If Gorman can work his magic for a few games, couple that with a better goalie, better defensive alignments, a stronger checking line, and exploiting Mosienko and Lemaire, who are outmatched, Regina will take this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad