Prospect Info: At 10th Overall The Senators Select Tyler Boucher

Status
Not open for further replies.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Wow what a long winded response to try and justify your position of having never been exposed to the sport at a high level. I am sure it will gain traction given your audience. But it's absolutely outrageous and insulting to real professionals.

Huh? Again you are just making massive assumptions and talking out of your behind. I was never exposed to the sport at a high level? My audience? You insult yourself and our entire species when you make these wholly unsupported remarks. Again, I don't think you know anything about the backgrounds of people who work "professionally" within the given field. And what exactly is a "high (enough) level" oh gatekeeper? Highschool or Juniors? College? AHL? Or is there some rule that states you must have played at least one NHL game before becoming a scout?

What you are doing is called "gatekeeping" and it's a classic maneuver of those that want to relegate power to a small and select group of individuals. Suggesting that humans can''t understand a game that 6 year old's play and understand is what is insulting. Unless you really believe in this elitist nonsense you are spouting. In which case, again, I feel very bad for you and yours. They'll never think they can achieve or do anything in life outside of what they are told. And that's just sad.

"Real professionals" know their own backgrounds. And know the wide and diverse background of most of their peers. Your criteria for working as a professional within sports is just absolutely insane.

How about basketball, a sport where MANY coaches, even head coaches didn't play the sport at a very "high level", some the lowest collegiate tiers, some not even college at all, but just coached from an amateur level, to collegiate level up? Do they not exist? Am I imagining them too?

Must NBA Coaches Be Former Players to Succeed?.

Opinion | The Loneliness of the Hockey Scout (Published 2017)

And again you make fallacious assumptions. The "criteria" to be a scout for an NHL team, or to work within "professional" sports in general, is as open as in most fields you will encounter in life. Meaning there is no one way to get there, there are many. And some of them actually do not include the things you suggested, at all.

Do you think sports journalists do not understand the sports they cover at a high level? How about those that call games on TV and Radio? Some of whom, never broke a sweat in a college arena. Some who simply went to broadcasting school.

Again, this elitist nonsense is called "gatekeeping" and it's a real thing. Jerks try to use it as a way to maintain power and authority. Or at least, to discourage any up and comers from giving them competition, and often to propel their own careers forward. The sad part, is you aren't doing it for any of those reasons. It seems you are just doing it because you believe it. You are gatekeeping yourself. And that is just a really sad story.

And you haven't given any actual argument, any evidence in your responses. It's ad hominem followed by assumption in a mind boggling rotation. Because you actually don't know what you are talking about. But just because you do not, doesn't mean everyone else does not.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
drivel.png

No points for word count

And no points for memes that do not apply. Just because you couldn't understand what I wrote doesn't make it "drivel". I gather you are on the "normal people simply can't do it" train. Good luck with that in life. You'll never know what you're actually capable of. And that's sad.

Everything I have said clearly resides on the right hand side of that meme. The pigeon with the graduation hat is me right now. And you and a couple of others are the one in the red hat, with the delusion that you are actually on the right. It's called projection. And you got it down to a science it seems. But then, you don't know what you don't know right? You can't understand what you can't understand. And it's ok. There's a place for you too.

And once again, you have no argument. You just have an ad hominem assertion. Because you don't understand what I am writing enough to actually develop an argument against it. Good luck with that in life.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
And no points for memes that do not apply. Just because you couldn't understand what I wrote doesn't make it "drivel". I gather you are on the "normal people simply can't do it" train. Good luck with that in life. You'll never know what you're actually capable of. And that's sad.

Everything I have said clearly resides on the right hand side of that meme. The pigeon with the graduation hat is me right now. And you and a couple of others are the one in the red hat, with the delusion that you are actually on the right. It's called projection. And you got it down to a science it seems. But then, you don't know what you don't know right? You can't understand what you can't understand. And it's ok. There's a place for you too.

And once again, you have no argument. You just have an ad hominem assertion. Because you don't understand what I am writing enough to actually develop an argument against it. Good luck with that in life.
see my first reply.. More drivel

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Huh? Again you are just making massive assumptions and talking out of your behind. I was never exposed to the sport at a high level? My audience? You insult yourself and our entire species when you make these wholly unsupported remarks. Again, I don't think you know anything about the backgrounds of people who work "professionally" within the given field. And what exactly is a "high (enough) level" oh gatekeeper? Highschool or Juniors? College? AHL? Or is there some rule that states you must have played at least one NHL game before becoming a scout?

What you are doing is called "gatekeeping" and it's a classic maneuver of those that want to relegate power to a small and select group of individuals. Suggesting that humans can''t understand a game that 6 year old's play and understand is what is insulting. Unless you really believe in this elitist nonsense you are spouting. In which case, again, I feel very bad for you and yours. They'll never think they can achieve or do anything in life outside of what they are told. And that's just sad.

"Real professionals" know their own backgrounds. And know the wide and diverse background of most of their peers. Your criteria for working as a professional within sports is just absolutely insane.

How about basketball, a sport where MANY coaches, even head coaches didn't play the sport at a very "high level", some the lowest collegiate tiers, some not even college at all, but just coached from an amateur level, to collegiate level up? Do they not exist? Am I imagining them too?

Must NBA Coaches Be Former Players to Succeed?.

Opinion | The Loneliness of the Hockey Scout (Published 2017)

And again you make fallacious assumptions. The "criteria" to be a scout for an NHL team, or to work within "professional" sports in general, is as open as in most fields you will encounter in life. Meaning there is no one way to get there, there are many. And some of them actually do not include the things you suggested, at all.

Do you think sports journalists do not understand the sports they cover at a high level? How about those that call games on TV and Radio? Some of whom, never broke a sweat in a college arena. Some who simply went to broadcasting school.

Again, this elitist nonsense is called "gatekeeping" and it's a real thing. Jerks try to use it as a way to maintain power and authority. Or at least, to discourage any up and comers from giving them competition, and often to propel their own careers forward. The sad part, is you aren't doing it for any of those reasons. It seems you are just doing it because you believe it. You are gatekeeping yourself. And that is just a really sad story.

And you haven't given any actual argument, any evidence in your responses. It's ad hominem followed by assumption in a mind boggling rotation. Because you actually don't know what you are talking about. But just because you do not, doesn't mean everyone else does not.

Everything you wrote is wrong. Some things are so absurdly wrong that it is hilarious. You should watch more hockey and write less, a lot less.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
see my first reply.. More drivel

I did and I even responded to it. And yes your first reply was more drivel. Glad we can finally agree on something. You are the drivel master. I bow to your drivel authority and expertise. You must be a "professional" drivler, while I am just an amateur drivler, hoping to learn from the master himself.

lol sports........ too complicated for some I guess. Even though there are 8 year olds who understand it. And it's good you know your limits. I'd be worried that if you tried tackling something that is actually complex, like astronomy or engineering, you would actually hurt yourself. Probably safer to just stay in your lane.

Last edited:

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Everything you wrote is wrong. Some things are so absurdly wrong that it is hilarious. You should watch more hockey and write less, a lot less.

You haven't actually mentioned one specific thing having to do with hockey, you realize that right?

And Like what specifically am I wrong about? What is "absurdly" wrong? Give me an example. I love how you dopes claim I am wrong yet literally have no argument, no example, nothing to say but "blah blah blah I'm an angry little man with an angry little wee and I hate people who oppose my narcissistic and fascist opinions that I broadly impose on an entire species of people who on a daily basis prove my entire argument wrong". That's you by the way. If you didn't realize. That's what your nonsense translates to in reality.

So if you are going to actually give examples, make sure it's not something I all ready covered. Good luck with that.

Go ahead. Prove me wrong. Don't just make blanket accusations. Not only did I explain, fairly at length, the reasoning and points behind my argument, but I also included examples. Something you and the gatekeeping mob seem incapable of doing. Hence, why you are gatekeepers and not insightful or knowledgeable.

You and the other couple, seem to have all these assumptions about a business and field that you truly don't know anything about. Which amazes me. And when you do point out anything I said specifically, it has been a complete abstraction of what I actually stated. And not what I actually stated.

This isn't even a debate anymore. It's just me making you look silly and childish. I do feel a bit bad for all the majority of people who absolutely don't give a damn about any of this. So unless you actually include examples, proof and reasoning, I will no longer respond to the baby in the pram not getting their way.

On top of which, I truly don't think you have the reading comprehension at this point to understand anything longer than a a few sentences.

And, we can play this game all day. " I know you are but what am I?"

Last edited:

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
That's about right, he's already got an NHL body & could get even bigger, he's also got NHL speed & skating down, he's got soft hands & can score. He's also got the drive & he's a ring rat & is a work out freak like Fisher/Neil. This guy will draw as many penalties as he will get & I expect he will get his fair share & then some. The Sens will need to work on their special teams because this guy is going to give them a lot of time to practice both the PP & PK. A yr or two in school & then either directly to the NHL or half a yr in Belleville would be my guess.

Think you are correct about his future growth and his abilities. He definitely could turn out to be a rarer type of bird in today's NHL. Those guys are usually worth their weight in..... whatever you value lol. They are just so difficult to predict in terms of failure and success. Puljujarvi, JT Miller, Kreider, Wheeler, Palmieri even Kassian to an extent, even though I don't think Kas really reached the heights that some saw for him. Not that these guys are all like for like with Boucher, but all power forwards I would say. And all took way longer than finesse guys to mature and reach their potential. Just thinking back to past drafts, there are so many of these types that were drafted early and failed too. Marchand is interesting, he also took a bit to reach his top level, even though he's much smaller than these other players. But he's totally agitating.

But Boucher certainly has the ability to one day become such a player. A bit more than just a power forward even. Agitator probably fitting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Wow what a long winded response to try and justify your position of having never been exposed to the sport at a high level. I am sure it will gain traction given your audience. But it's absolutely outrageous and insulting to real professionals.

You do realize that most of our scouts haven't played hockey at a high level, right?

The highest level Trent Mann played was CHL hockey, and no not the CHL you're thinking of. Dan Boeser played 1 game in the AHL, after spending most of his pro career in the UHL. Don Boyd didn't make it to the pro level, neither did Bobby Strum Jr, George Fargher, Anders Ostberg, or Todd Stirling. I believe the only one who did play at the NHL level was Bob Janecyk.

Real professionals? These guys didn't graduate from multi year scouting programs with a Masters in watching people play hockey. Most of them got their positions by knowing someone important, not by being the most qualified or having the most experience. For example, previous head scout Pierre Dorion Jr. happened to get his start in scouting after his father Pierre Dorion Sr., the head scout for the Leafs, passed away from a heart attack in 1994.

It's ridiculous to think individuals are somehow unqualified to watch young hockey players and come to conclusions about their potential. There's nothing stopping quote unquote "amateurs" from being able to outperform "professionals", despite never being involved in the sport at a high level. Same way there's nothing stopping amateurs on HFBoards from being able to praise or criticize moves made today by teams around the league.

Reactions: JaredCowen4Norris

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think 1 and done in the NCAA , 1 in the AHL.

I keep thinking he is going to get suspended in the NCAA forcing him to leave early to sign a pro contract

That's one of the reasons why I'd like to see him spend two seasons in the NCAA. With no fighting and more of a crackdown on the (after the whistle) rough stuff in that league, it forces him to work on the other skill parts of his game.

We know he's big and tough and strong. The key for him is to work on all the other stuff. Polish up those hands, get a bit quicker/agile while retaining his strength, work on making plays and handling the puck....all things he absolutely needs if we want him to be a legit option as a 2RW in the NHL.

Reactions: Cosmix

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
You haven't actually mentioned one specific thing having to do with hockey, you realize that right?

And Like what specifically am I wrong about? What is "absurdly" wrong? Give me an example. I love how you dopes claim I am wrong yet literally have no argument, no example, nothing to say but "blah blah blah I'm an angry little man with an angry little wee and I hate people who oppose my narcissistic and fascist opinions that I broadly impose on an entire species of people who on a daily basis prove my entire argument wrong". That's you by the way. If you didn't realize. That's what your nonsense translates to in reality.

So if you are going to actually give examples, make sure it's not something I all ready covered. Good luck with that.

Go ahead. Prove me wrong. Don't just make blanket accusations. Not only did I explain, fairly at length, the reasoning and points behind my argument, but I also included examples. Something you and the gatekeeping mob seem incapable of doing. Hence, why you are gatekeepers and not insightful or knowledgeable.

You and the other couple, seem to have all these assumptions about a business and field that you truly don't know anything about. Which amazes me. And when you do point out anything I said specifically, it has been a complete abstraction of what I actually stated. And not what I actually stated.

This isn't even a debate anymore. It's just me making you look silly and childish. I do feel a bit bad for all the majority of people who absolutely don't give a damn about any of this. So unless you actually include examples, proof and reasoning, I will no longer respond to the baby in the pram not getting their way.

On top of which, I truly don't think you have the reading comprehension at this point to understand anything longer than a a few sentences.

And, we can play this game all day. " I know you are but what am I?"

Buddy you need an editor for your posts. No sane person is gonna read your novellas. Please, learn to sum up what you're saying in a couple paragraphs, it's not a big ask.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Buddy you need an editor for your posts. No sane person is gonna read your novellas. Please, learn to sum up what you're saying in a couple paragraphs, it's not a big ask.

Not my concern. If they can't understand, they need it explained. The rest is up to them. Really though, it takes me less than 2 minutes to write and less than a minute to read. oooooooo. Reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad