Prospect Info: At 10th Overall The Senators Select Tyler Boucher

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
Came in to check on Tyler Boucher discussion.

Um...
tenor.gif

Edit: I can't say anything because I contributed to the off topic discussion, we really lost the plot on this thread lol.

Last edited:

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Most of us has watched 1000s of hours of hockey, some of us have played 1000s of hours of hockey.

The idea that scouts and gms are special and by default right is dumb.

They are much more "special" than any poster on Hfboards is.... One of these people got identified by an NHL franchise and hired professionally, and therefore get paid for their opinion. They will be evaluated internally - and their continued employment is dependent on said results.

The other one is an anonymous poster online that has ZERO accountability for any of the opinions they have on anything. Laughably bad opinions and posts that are eventually proven wrong can go completely unnoticed by anyone if you stay quiet for a bit - and thats because very few people in actuality care if you were right or wrong. Its the internet, and people say lots of wildly inaccurate things that are sometimes blended in between some real truths...

And sure an online/armchair scout certainly "could" have the talent and the eye for being a pro scout. Maybe you do have thousands of hours playing and watching the game under your belt, and have a real, genuine talent for identifying future NHL players in prospects. Thats entirely feasible.

But until those few individuals amongst us can somehow differentiate themselves from any other loudmouth online that hides behind an anonymous user handle (us I mean) - then its beyond fair to say that we, the loud mouths, are well within our own right to openly dismiss said persons opinion (which they are fully entitled to have - just dont expect to receive the same level of respect as a paid professional on this inside of team).

And if anyone thinks they are that "special" - then prove it and go out and apply your talent to the real world, and start getting paid for it if you want your opinions to carry weight with random fans online.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad