OT: Association Football Thread (New York Red Bulls, USMNT, And All Soccer Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Man I didn't realize who the US had to play during the group stage. The #2 and #3 ranked teams in the world and the team that has knocked them out of the last 2 tournaments?

Ouch! That's a rough draw. Only the top 2 teams in each group advance right? They are going to have to beat Ghana and take out one of Germany or Portugal.

AHB*

Man I didn't realize who the US had to play during the group stage. The #2 and #3 ranked teams in the world and the team that has knocked them out of the last 2 tournaments?

Ouch! That's a rough draw. Only the top 2 teams in each group advance right? They are going to have to beat Ghana and take out one of Germany or Portugal.

Yaaa group of death.

Cards could fall right for one win and a draw.

On another note, does anyone know where I can get a legit USA Kit, personalized?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It's going to be a good rivalry. That's about the only good thing I have to say about City FC.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
Looks like they got David Villa too so it's good they are bringing the money and effort to MLS. Raises everyone's game.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
They were always going to spend. They have some of the richest owners in the world behind them and only 3 legal spots to spend on, so you can bet it will be 3 world class guys year in and year out.

With RB Salzburg well on their way to promotion to the Bundesliga, the concern for us RBNY fans is whether we'll continue to get decent funding from Red Bull HQ, or if we'll become an afterthought.

YetAnotherNorwegian

Nov 1, 2010

Not to rain on anyones parade, but it will be one of the biggest jawdroppers this tournament if you make it through to the knockout stages. Most likely it will be a struggle versus Ghana not to end up last, and Ghana went all the way to the quarter finals last WC... They are not the same team as last time, but I wouldn't be surprised if USA ends up with 0 points.

AHB*

So who else is going to the USA vs Turkey game on Sunday at Red Bull Arena?

My buddy invited me but I had to pass because I was worried there would be a SCF game that day if the Rangers and Chi/LA clinched in 5 or 6. Really annoyed they couldn't release the schedule earlier. Said if his friend flakes he'll let me know in the morning. Not banking on it though.

I was so psyched to see this. Lampard is one of my favorite players. Still really pissed they are playing in ****ing Yankee stadium.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Wow Villa and Lampard. I know they are a bit older but holy **** that is some talent right there. NYCFC coming in hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad