OT: Association Football Thread (New York Red Bulls, USMNT, And All Soccer Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Xavi has been the most rumored player, but he's sticking with Barcelona for now.

There have also been rumors of NYCFC wanting to get a US Mens National Team player. Jozy Altidore and Mix Diskerud have been the two main ones. Altidore's agent has said a return to MLS is unlikely. Diskerud is out of contract and could be looking at signing with an MLS club soon, but they don't seem to be the only MLS team interested in Diskerud.

Any chance they would be able to get Mix without using a DP slot? Not entirely sure how that works, pretty new to following MLS. Seems like by all measures, we did pretty well in the draft. Had to know Kreis would take some of his RSL boys. Mullins seems like an excellent pick. But my favorite move is getting Ryan Meara, even if it's just own loan, Definitely has high potential. Sincerely hope the loan comes with an option to buy at season's end..

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Any chance they would be able to get Mix without using a DP slot? Not entirely sure how that works, pretty new to following MLS. Seems like by all measures, we did pretty well in the draft. Had to know Kreis would take some of his RSL boys. Mullins seems like an excellent pick. But my favorite move is getting Ryan Meara, even if it's just own loan, Definitely has high potential. Sincerely hope the loan comes with an option to buy at season's end..

I highly doubt any MLS team would be able to get Mix without using a DP slot. It's just really really unlikely to work with the salary cap since he's going to be demanding a lot, but I guess anything's possible, so I won't say definitely not. I think Mix is going to stay in Europe, but we shall see soon.

I don't see NYCFC having an option to buy Meara. NYRB and NYCFC are rivals. Would the Devils do us a favor? If NYCFC does have an option to buy, it'll likely be at a huge price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad