Assistant/Associate Coaches

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I can see why you would see that but I disagree. Therrien had d-men who could move the puck up ice in Markov, Beaulieu and even to some extent Emelin. That helps immensely for a team like ours who tries to score a lot of the time off the rush rather than continued pressure in the offensive zone.

Fast forward to this year Julien's first season with the Habs where he gets to start off and instill his system, MB guts the d corps and the only guy capable of moving the puck with relative consistency is a 19yr old rookie former 4th round pick who is still learning the NHL game.

You want to blame somebody for the teams performance it isn't the coaching, and as much as I think Lacroix and JJD should be fired, they should've been fired 3 years ago not suddenly now. The blame falls squarely on the general manager. He has no vision for building a contender, thinks you can just replace solid puck-moving d-men with Alzner, Schelmko, etc. He traded Beaulieu in order to protect Benn, played hardball with Markov when he was desperately needed and traded away a future top pairing puck moving d-man. He gutted our entire d-corps.

CJ and the gang: Well guys, we struggled in the playoffs but I think we have some positives to look forward to next season.

MB: Don't worry buys, I got plans. We got Drouin.

Muller: Nice! We will have a couple QBs for the PP 1st and 2nd units once you resign Markov. Man, I just cannot wait to have Drouin, Radulov, Markov and Weber on that first wave!

MB: Sorry, try 2/4.

Muller: LOL, wut?

JJ: Well, we still have Beaulieu for our puck mover. Not ideal, but we'll figure that out.

MB: Oh, he's gone also. Outside the PP, I also got rid of Emelin. However, I got Alzner to fix our left side. Our defence is better than last season! Also, I got Morrow since CJ loves him.

CJ: I was drunk when I told you that!

== While the coaches stare blankly at their Molson bottles, MB notices Pacioretty peeking through the window ==

Patches: Hey, I'll be sure to wine and dine Drouin and get him comfortable so we'll have chemistry on and off the ice. Make sure you bury Galchenyuk on the 4th though so that my feelings won't be hurt.

MB: Also, make sure Chucky doesn't play center. I want to teach him a lesson and put him in his place. This is gonna be a great year boys! I gave Price a big raise and told him it is his job to win us the cup so that we can let our boy Pacioretty raise it first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad