Assassin's Creed Origins

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
yeah, interesting stuff. It doesn't matter because im into the games and will always play them no matter how bad they got,
Same. Black Flag was my favorite, after that probably AC2. AC1 was my least favorite and the only one I never finished. Little did I know I was just about to beat it when I quit playing it lol. Still never went back and just watched a youtube of a guy beating it.

I have pretty high hopes for this one!

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
yeah, interesting stuff. It doesn't matter because im into the games and will always play them no matter how bad they got,
Hey just FYI I read a review and if you want to know for sure if you get to go to present day or not read this spoiler. It's in the review from Destructoid.

After the token hour or so of an intro Origins will open up and you'll be able to do whatever, with a very restrained amount of modern-day sections woven in -- I'm talking maybe 30 minutes in total, tops, if you get right back into the Animus after the several interludes.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Hey just FYI I read a review and if you want to know for sure if you get to go to present day or not read this spoiler. It's in the review from Destructoid.

After the token hour or so of an intro Origins will open up and you'll be able to do whatever, with a very restrained amount of modern-day sections woven in -- I'm talking maybe 30 minutes in total, tops, if you get right back into the Animus after the several interludes.

nice thanks, just bought it on my lunch break so be putting it on as soon as I get in the house

Reactions: Lancer

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I've put an hour or two in so far. I really like it. Wish I had a bit more time to get into it, but I'm not the least bit disappointed thus far. Only thing I don't love is the combat. It's pretty bland. Other than that it's pretty great.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The game is great. There is a wide variety of quests and encounters, crafting works well, story is pretty interesting, and the world is massive, but there is a good variety of ways to get around so it never feels like you’re plodding along forever. Playing on normal difficulty is pretty easy, but you can get killed quickly if you play stupid. I’m about 10 hours in and nowhere near being finished. I think it’s a game I’ll see through to the end which is pretty rare for me these days. If you didn’t like previous AC games I don’t think this one will change your mind, but if you have liked the games in the past this is definitely worth checking out.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Cant. Stop. Playing.

I played this almost literally all weekend outside of the things I needed to get done. Any free time and I was on this game like donkey kong. Possibly the best AC yet. Plays A LOT like Horizon: Zero Dawn IMO (this is a good thing with the giant world to explore). A dash of RPG elements and outside of that the game is an AC game and it's fantastic.

I did get some Mario Odyssey in there for about 1.5 hours when I was mobile (love the Switch for that).

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Cant. Stop. Playing.

I played this almost literally all weekend outside of the things I needed to get done. Any free time and I was on this game like donkey kong. Possibly the best AC yet. Plays A LOT like Horizon: Zero Dawn IMO (this is a good thing with the giant world to explore). A dash of RPG elements and outside of that the game is an AC game and it's fantastic.

I did get some Mario Odyssey in there for about 1.5 hours when I was mobile (love the Switch for that).

I guess one of the main things I was concerned about this game was that if there was so much to do, that it wouldn't feel like an AC game kinda like Black Flag in a way which, despite Black Flag being a great game, it didn't feel like an AC game. So I'm glad that Origins still feels that way. Not sure when I'll have to time to buy it much less actually play the game. So many games coming out all at the exact same time and so little time to actually play.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I guess one of the main things I was concerned about this game was that if there was so much to do, that it wouldn't feel like an AC game kinda like Black Flag in a way which, despite Black Flag being a great game, it didn't feel like an AC game. So I'm glad that Origins still feels that way. Not sure when I'll have to time to buy it much less actually play the game. So many games coming out all at the exact same time and so little time to actually play.
Well I wouldn't say it's too far away from Black Flag but there is enough different and enough reminders that this is an AC game.

What is really fun is the map is 100% open after the first few intro missions and areas are labeled with what level you should be to be in that area. Not hard to sneak into a tough area and explore a tomb or synchronize a viewpoint but you won't want to hang around there too long.
It's easy to level up in the game too. Can get a little grindy at times but it's not awful.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The game is great. There is a wide variety of quests and encounters, crafting works well, story is pretty interesting, and the world is massive, but there is a good variety of ways to get around so it never feels like you’re plodding along forever. Playing on normal difficulty is pretty easy, but you can get killed quickly if you play stupid. I’m about 10 hours in and nowhere near being finished. I think it’s a game I’ll see through to the end which is pretty rare for me these days. If you didn’t like previous AC games I don’t think this one will change your mind, but if you have liked the games in the past this is definitely worth checking out.
I quite liked AC1, AC2, and Brotherhood, you'll think I would enjoy this one as well? I hated 3 and Black Flag and stopped playing the rest after that.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I quite liked AC1, AC2, and Brotherhood, you'll think I would enjoy this one as well? I hated 3 and Black Flag and stopped playing the rest after that.
I would think so. It's kind of like AC meets Far Cry in some ways with the open world and animal encounters. There is a lot to do and it doesn't feel as linear as previous AC games I've played, but you can pretty much just keep to the main quest line and get through it pretty quickly if that's how you'd like to play. You'd probably need to mix in the odd side quest just to make sure you're appropriate level for the next quest, but it's pretty much entierly up to you. I do think you'd like it as long as the open-endedness(don't think that's a word) is palatable to you.

Reactions: S E P H

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
great game so far, I was a little worried after the 1st lot of "bosses" were all crossed out that it was over but not even close.

I have to do side missions before I finish the main story because once ive finished the main story I never motivate myself to go back in every game I play. so 1 main quest 5 side quests I have to keep to that.

Game plays great, good story line. I do agree with the above combat seems a little clunky but still fun. Viewpoints don't seem as necessary anymore other than the XP and increases stats for the eagle (or hawk whatever it is)

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Took my time with it and beat the campaign. Happened to come across some very cool gear (including a new outfit) just by exploring. Don't want to give spoilers but I don't have a guide or look at things online, I enjoy figuring this stuff out on my own and there is still TONS I have to do and want to do. Really fun game.

Probably the best AC game.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
great game so far, I was a little worried after the 1st lot of "bosses" were all crossed out that it was over but not even close.

I have to do side missions before I finish the main story because once ive finished the main story I never motivate myself to go back in every game I play. so 1 main quest 5 side quests I have to keep to that.

Game plays great, good story line. I do agree with the above combat seems a little clunky but still fun. Viewpoints don't seem as necessary anymore other than the XP and increases stats for the eagle (or hawk whatever it is)
Not sure if you have beat it yet but if you haven't there were about 5 different times I thought I beat the game and I wasn't that close yet. So if that's your thing you will like that. I was mildly annoyed by it but it wrapped up pretty good I think.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Not sure if you have beat it yet but if you haven't there were about 5 different times I thought I beat the game and I wasn't that close yet. So if that's your thing you will like that. I was mildly annoyed by it but it wrapped up pretty good I think.

nah I haven't finished yet, iv assumed there are even more not known to me yet I haven't even uncovered every region. I only really play on weekends

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
nah I haven't finished yet, iv assumed there are even more not known to me yet I haven't even uncovered every region. I only really play on weekends
You dont uncover every region just doing thr main quest FYI.

But after beating it i cannot stop playing. So much more to do / see / explore!

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I really need to start playing..I've had no time since it was released, I think i've played a total of 30 minutes so far :cry:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Lots of end-game stuff. It's kind of nice beating the main quest actually and just going around exploring tombs, hunting Phylakes, finding fun side quests, they hippodrome is kind of fun and the gladiator arenas will test you.

One fun part was I was out in the middle of BFE (literally) and it started raining.... bugs. Just falling from the sky, tons of scarabs or something. Then pop! Achievement! Basically for hallucinating in the middle of the desert. Haha!

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Stealing crafting mats from calvalry and chatiots is quite annoying.

opening the skill that lets you track them really helps. The one where you use senu to mark them and it shows where they are headed, not sure if you have that or not. I use that head toward them then walk up to the guy with the materials and jump up and assassinate him and only him then run away it gives me his stuff and no need for a drawn out battle. You may have to get the skill that gives you loot on assassinate too.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I was just done with it, played it for 90 hours in 1 month. Fantastic game. Great graphics and really nice to walk around in ancient egypt. Bayek is cool.

But the best AC game is Brotherhood by far.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
The first DLC "The Hidden Ones" came out yesterday. I put a few hours into it. It's good. Map is now bigger, and you can level up past 40. Only played a few quests and did some exploring. So far so good. I am more excited about the Valley of the Kings expansion though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So I started this game yesterday and I am about an hour in...is the combat system...like... this strange for the entire game? I've only played the first three AC games, but it's like they decided to take the great gameplay system from ACII, break it down from start, and rebuild it for absolutely no good reason whatsoever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad