Assassins creed black flag

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I loved AC1 but it got crazy repetitive... AC2 was wonderful. Never played AC3 but apparently blackflag is 4? I'm having a blast with it. I tried looking for a thread but its pre-change and didnt find anything. Anyone else enjoy it? I feel like its a "real" version of sid mieiers pitates (since its easy & hard at the same time... ).

All shit aside, fun game.

Edit: let me add this: i was confused as hell about a game like this doing ship combat. Its still kind of annoying but they got it right, IMO. I had no idea how they'd let me pilot a ship AND shoot, but they did it and did it right...

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Black flag is the only AC game i've enjoyed. One of the best games I've ever played

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Maybe the best in the series, along with AC2. I thought there was no chance I would enjoy the naval combat, but they did it very well. Excellent game.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Black flag is easily one of my top 3 games of the last 5-7 years for me. They fAiled by never making a 2nd

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
More of a pirate game than Assassins Creed, but it was still an amazing pirate game. But part of my love for the AC series is the assassins part of the story and I thought it was rally lacking in black flag. Kenway I felt never was much of an assassin. That doesn't mean I did not play the **** out of that game, it fun as hell. If Origins didn't just come out I would want to play Black Flag again

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Ya definitely more of a pirate game and i didn't love how Edward just instinctively knew how to use the hidden blades as soon as they were handed to him, and was a super badass/climbing God right off the bat, but I'll overlook it for the sake of pirates...

I just unlocked the base/home island. I felt like I was moving through the story fast but I think that I'm just at the beginning of sequence 2, from what I can tell (trying to figure out how much game is left without spoiling the game ain't easy) so I think the length is good as well.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
It didn’t have as strong a plot/characters as II (which was easily one of the best games of the last generation), but it was an amazing game. It helped that it did something very different from any other AC game, and it followed up a huge disappointment in AC III (never seen a game with what felt like a deliberately unlikeable character like in III). I haven’t bought an AC game since however.

I liked they moved away from Assassin focused story, they really pooched it in III.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Was my favorite AC until Origins came along. Amazing game!

Had a lot of fun upgrading the Jackdaw and for some reason not always dressed in some robe/hood worked. I like all the AC games (even 3 and Unity) but IV was just so unique and well done it stands out. Did so much very well. Even sailing which I wasnt excited about was fun... just finding random islands and coming across creatures and legendary ships in the open sea was great fun.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Had a blast with this one when it came out.

Assassin's Creed Rogue was even better but it coming so soon after Black Flag prevented it from reaching the same heights in terms of excitement.

The shanties were so much fun, and there were enough that it didn't get too repetitive.

Black flag is easily one of my top 3 games of the last 5-7 years for me. They fAiled by never making a 2nd

Rogue essentially is.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Rogue is BC on the Xbox One. Worth checking out if anyone wants to.

$9.89 on sale right now if you have gold

Last edited:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
So I redownloaded Rogue on my One X. Wow! Definitely seems to get a framerate buff. Runs and looks fantastic!

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Its a great game, but less of an AC game than a pirate game.

I like it better than Brotherhood, Revelations, Unity and Syndicate.

Less than AC1, AC2, AC3, and Origins.

I guess I just prefer ambition to iteration, even when the ambition doesnt quite come together as cleanly as the game that iterates on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad