Asia Hockey League Question??

nec

Apr 24, 2006
What kind of a salary does a player earn in this league.

Any idea on the minimum to maximum salary, any help would be greatly appreaciated

Regards,

--

nec

Apr 24, 2006
does anyone have any idea on what the salary is?

I have heard it is more than the North American Minor Leagues but would like to hear from someone who knows first hand what kind of $ we are talking about.

Any informative response would be greatly appreciated

igotnothing

Oct 12, 2007
I went to Japan during the lockout year and saw a few games. I talked to some guy who said the Nikko Icebucks are owned by a paper corporation, and the players are employed by the company during the off season. I don't know how accurate this is, but if its true, you might be able to compare some Japanese salaries against what the minor leagues pay.

Also don't forget there are three countries involved. There may be discrepancies between them.

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I hope it helps.

Tokyo Bucks

Jul 27, 2005
tokyo

nec

Apr 24, 2006
What is the minimum salary for a foreign player that comes to this league, the other guys you mentioned have NHL experience, what about someone who doesn't what kind of dollars can they earn.

Also I am interested in earning a try out in this league and am looking to get info on how to do that.

Can you provide me with any help?

Regards,

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
according to THN, who did an article on Tyson Nash, the players (at least the Japanese teams) are employees of the owning paper company, and most of the domestic players work at the factory in the off-season (wether they are "token jobs" though i dont know)

Also they are only allowed 2 imports per team

Also, i read in a report by Mike Milbury when he visited the Chinese ASL teams a couple years ago (i'll see if i can find the link), the players on the Chinese teams only make about $120/mth...that seems a little low though

VanImoo

Oct 11, 2010
im actually not at home right now im away playing jr hockey but id be glad to durring christmas break..just gimme a reminder

hattub

Jul 6, 2006
Looking forward to Ric Jackman suiting up for the Anyang Halla this coming season. Also hoping that High One moves to Gangneung.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad