Eklund Rumor: As per source: Nylander won't be back /// Leafs interested in Dumba

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Ah yes, a "source" from a team unsure of who the GM is going to be knows Nylander is gone and who the team wants to target in FA.

Reactions: Conbon

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
And then Dubas closes his spreadsheet to reveal a Minnesota Wild logo.

DzGE.gif

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Haha Eklund is back ?? Lololol..I had thought that he had finally fallen off the face of the earth...If you want to belive him I have some swamp land I'd like to sell ya.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Nylander was demoted from PP1 despite being only one left on the team that can shoot and skate at the same time. I can see him in Colorado replacing Landy for a D.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
One good idea in a ln ocean of shitty one's funneled by one of the best promoters ever isn't really considered a success.

Still more than Eklund has ever had.

I want you to realize where we are, you are making me defend Vince f***ing Russo, do you realize how stupid that makes Eklund?

Do you get what that means?

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I've honestly never understood this..

Why is Eklund considered a source on HF? He a sponsor?

Reactions: 12ozPapa

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
... And why does Toronto make this deal? Dumba is a pending ufa, and Nylander is top line ppg winger.
It would have to be a sign and trade and there would have to be a sweetener.

I'd be interested, if Dumba is suddenly making a whole lot less per than what he is now.

Nylander is quite the trade chip if you go look at his salary structure, and contemplate what his NEXT contract is gonna look like.

It's not a bad idea to get ahead of this kind of stuff. If Nylander keeps putting up the numbers he's currently doing, he's going to get paid a whole lot more than what he's making now.

Simple as that.

I'm not saying this is a good deal, just saying Nylander is a valuable trade chip to consider.

Encyclopedia Britannica?

;)

I have an entire set, totally mint too! Shall I look something up? (some of that stuff is outdated since they're from like the mid 70's, so no internet stuff or anything)

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
"Dumba is free agent" "LOL DUMBA? He's a UFA!"

I think what the great Eklund means is that the Leafs would sign Dumba with the cap space freed up by moving Nylander.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Feels like two separate thoughts conflated into one. Nylander will be moved, and with the cap space it frees up, the Leafs will try to sign Dumba. Not a Nylander for Dumba trade.

Also strawberries. Nylander for Dumba and strawberries. Or Eck needs to buy strawberries on the way home. Whichever. He’s an insider!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dumba would be a decent add for Toronto if they can get him for 5x 4.5-5M, or so. He’s not perfect, but can still skate well, plays decent D, is tough, can handle the puck, and still has a few good years left. Good guy, also.
Not convinced that Toronto is the team that can win a bidding war for his services.

Nylander is a completely different topic. No one is disputing that he played well in the playoffs, or even before, but the Leafs are looking ahead to his ask for his next contract, and realize that they can’t give him the 9+M or so that he is going to demand.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad