Prospect Info: Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I remember Bournival scoring a lot in pre-season but as the season start the magic was gone. I just hope if he make the team he will stay in a top 6 role. If not go back to Sweden.

Well, to be fair, Lehkonen has more skills than Bournival.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Really like the details to his game and hope they give him time to adjust and gain consistency as a scorer. Might take him 1-2 full seasons to become a rock-steady top 6 winger but he's only 21.

As someone mentioned, he has the advantage of being good away from the puck. So even if he's not scoring, he should be playing. Really like this player.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
The kid is impressive really, and he's good all over the ice too , forecheck, backcheck , defensive zone , offensive zone ...

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
He's just a really smart player. Great instincts with and without the puck.

But his shot seems even more impressive than previous years to me. It was always pretty accurate, but this year it seems alot heavier. It's awesome.

Him and Radulov rounding out the top 6 could be a game-changer.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Looks like a real top-6 to me right now.

He played against men in the Liiga at 16 (only 18 games and 4 points but still), 17 (.66 ppg) (that year, Jokinen and Turris were about ppg in the same league) and 18 (.61 ppg) being the best scorer of his team.

Then he went to SHL and followed the same path. Playing two more season with men rising to the top during PO.
Koivu and his coach know he is not coming back.

I think we should expect 35+ points from him this season and would not be surprised to see him getting nearly 50 points a la Gallagher (had a pace of 52 points in his first season under MT (the coach that destroys young players)).
SHL (.57) >> AHL (.48) so using the translation ratio his ppg in PO you get .57*82...
Do the math.:amazed:

He had about the same numbers as Teravainen in Liiga at the same age.
Difference is that Teuvo came to NA and played with the Hawks and in the AHL while Lehkonen improved in SHL.

One thing for sure, with Radulov on the second line, he will get at least 35 points.

Edit: BTW according to Habs site, he is 183 cm and 79 kg.

Last edited:

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
He reminds me of a Left handed Gallagher with a better release, maybe not as tenatious but close.

I can see him scoring 20 this year in all honesty.. His release is just unreal.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
This kid will be good, solid player, doesn't get pushed around, solid passes and a fantastic shot/release. I really hope he is on the top 6 and to stay, Therrien better not **** around with him yo yoing him up and down and in and out of the lineup!

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The best offensive prospect we've had in a while happens to be the one who has never played for Lefebvre.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He reminds me of a Left handed Gallagher with a better release, maybe not as tenatious but close.

I can see him scoring 20 this year in all honesty.. His release is just unreal.

Underrating Gally or overrating Arty.

Gally is a top 10 RW in this league, temper expectations.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Lehkonen's release is better than Gallagher's, it's not even debatable, and I don't believe that the poster was suggesting Lehkonen is a better hockey player than Gallagher, because that also isn't debatable.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lehkonen potted over 20 goals this year, especially playing with Radulov!

I'll go out on a limb here and say he hits the 27 mark, especially if he gets the second wave PP

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

Top 10 RW ? Don't push it, he's nowhere near that, it's still debatable if he's a 1st line winger or not...

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Lehkonen's release is better than Gallagher's, it's not even debatable, and I don't believe that the poster was suggesting Lehkonen is a better hockey player than Gallagher, because that also isn't debatable.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lehkonen potted over 20 goals this year, especially playing with Radulov!

I'll go out on a limb here and say he hits the 27 mark, especially if he gets the second wave PP

A Calder trophy candidate would be nice.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Top 10 RW ? Don't push it, he's nowhere near that, it's still debatable if he's a 1st line winger or not...

No, BG is a top-15 or at worst top-15 RW.

Try and name 15 RW who are better averaged over the past three seasons, you won't be able to.

People underrate Gallagher because he was drafted in the 5th round. But fear not, if the 2010 draft were redone today, Gallagher would be drafted at around 10th place imo.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
From what I've seen how Latendresse, Bournival and Sekac performing in the pre-season, I'm trying not to be excited......but it's hard. I really hope that Lehkonen isn't like the other three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad