Prospect Info: Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
As much as I don't like Desharnais, a third line of Lehkonen - DD - Shaw could be intriguing. DD doesn't like to shoot, Lehkonen has a great shot and Shaw can help do the dirty work.

I can tolerate DD until the trade deadline. After that he can either be put in a deal as a cap dump or he sits during the PO in favor of McCarron.

Jul 6, 2016
As much as I don't like Desharnais, a third line of Lehkonen - DD - Shaw could be intriguing. DD doesn't like to shoot, Lehkonen has a great shot and Shaw can help do the dirty work.

Because we have to live with him for another season, DD, on a third line with Shaw and Lehkonen or Carr makes sense. DD was amazing with Weise and Fleischmann last season when he had 3rd line duties and minutes. His two linemates were praising him too for their good start of the season. And IF Plekky or Galchy are injured, you have a guy who can play on one of the top two lines for a while. Danault, Shaw, Mccarron, can't.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Because we have to live with him for another season, DD, on a third line with Shaw and lehkonen or carr makes sense. DD was amazing with Weise and Fleischmann last season when he had 3rd line duties and minutes.

Well to be fair, Galchenyuk's line was actually the third line based on ice time.

Jul 6, 2016
Well to be fair, Galchenyuk's line was actually the third line based on ice time.

With Eller and Semin... It became that very soon. eller had no business on LW on the second line, and Semin was a bad gamble. The team was weak, overall, and fans' expectations, way too high.

Something they never or rarely tried is a DD-Galchenyuk (on RW) combo. That would had work because Galchy loves to shoot and comes from the right.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
With Eller and Semin... It became that very soon. eller had no business on LW on the second line, and Semin was a bad gamble. The team was weak, overall, and fans' expectations, way too high.

If you look at the TOI from the very first game, it was already the case. Galchenyuk and Eller both had less time on ice than Weise & DD.

As for your edit, I do recall Pac-DD-Chucky being a thing for a few shifts/games in 2014-15 or last season.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

Carr DD Shaw could work for the same reasons.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
Carr DD Shaw could work for the same reasons.

Maybe, but Lehkonen appears to have more offensive tools. But it's really time to move on from DD. His "3rd line" was effective to start the season last year, but it was primarily because of the hustle of Dutch Gretzky and unsustainable shooting percentages. Once the % regressed to the mean, so did the productivity. Further, having him there it will be too tempting for Daddy Desharnais to move him up the lineup or give him prime PP time. He needs to be jettisoned simply because of his Dad's need to showcase his boy.

With the topic being Lehkonen though, he appears to have more offensive upside potential than Carr, so, he should be the preference.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I read somewhere that Saku thinks he will crack the lineup. Saku has always weighed his words and comments carefully and for him to say Lehkonen will make the team definitely caught my attention.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's one of our top prospects so it's not a leap to think he will make the team as long as he shows he can handle the physical aspects. The skill and effort are there for sure but we'll have to see how it goes. If he's really even close to 184, that's going to likely bode very well for his chances of making the team.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I read somewhere that Saku thinks he will crack the lineup. Saku has always weighed his words and comments carefully and for him to say Lehkonen will make the team definitely caught my attention.

yeah I've been slowly gaining confidence in his roster spot but Saku's 2 cents kind of feels like the cherry on top.

It'll be fun to get more of a look at him very soon.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
There is only one non-nhl forward on the team and that's Sebastian Aho who had 45 points in 45 games in the SM-liiga league as a 19 year old. The roster is tight.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
He's one of our top prospects so it's not a leap to think he will make the team as long as he shows he can handle the physical aspects. The skill and effort are there for sure but we'll have to see how it goes. If he's really even close to 184, that's going to likely bode very well for his chances of making the team.

Rookie camp start tomorrow i expect him to dominate with all the buzz around him.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Because we have to live with him for another season, DD, on a third line with Shaw and Lehkonen or Carr makes sense. DD was amazing with Weise and Fleischmann last season when he had 3rd line duties and minutes. His two linemates were praising him too for their good start of the season. And IF Plekky or Galchy are injured, you have a guy who can play on one of the top two lines for a while. Danault, Shaw, Mccarron, can't.

He was amazing for like a ten game hot streak where the line had a 20 per cent shot percentage.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
In this team no matter how good you are, you will rarely be given a opportunity to shine if you are a rookie. A few unfortunate circumstances that are out of the players control needs to happen. Don't ask Michel to do the right thing or even give a shot to our young players. These things simply don't happen, his hands needs to be tied and he needs to be forced to give someone a chance or else it won't happen.

What I'm trying to say is that Shaw messed up yesterday with his dirty play and he might get suspended for a few games. Lehkonen just got himself a first class ticket to play with Plekanec and Radulov. There's a small window of opportunity for him right now to make a name for himself and he needs to get the job done right now.

Or we can just ignore what I just said and we will see Flynn next to Plekanec and Radulov...just because Therrien!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Look I think Therrien is as big a tool as there is but he has played young players since his tenure started. Galchenyuk, Gallagher, DLR. I think if you force managements hands they will make room for a solid young player. I think Lehkonen beats out Ghetto come opening night.

I also would not be surprised if Sergachev gets a 9 game tryout.

Jul 6, 2016
Look I think Therrien is as big a tool as there is but he has played young players since his tenure started. Galchenyuk, Gallagher, DLR. I think if you force managements hands they will make room for a solid young player. I think Lehkonen beats out Ghetto come opening night.

I also would not be surprised if Sergachev gets a 9 game tryout.

MT did the same in Pittsburgh with you Staal. When à kid is responsible in all there zones, he makes them play.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
My fustration comes from the fact that the final top 6 spot should be given to one of our prospects. I firmly believe we have the talent between Lehkonen, Andrighetto, Hudon and Carr to make a star player. If you are a highly drafted player see Galchenyuk or Stall and soon Sergachev you will be given a opportunity to reach your full potential. Gallagher has been the exception, Tinordi was sitting in the press box, same with Pateryn and it seems we are heading more into a duo of Weber-Petry instead of giving a bigger role to Beaulieu.

Bergevin always like to talk about how we are a team that develop from within, drafting and player development is primordial for him. We seriously have nothing to show for...from what I see, it's always the veteran that gets the opportunity. Rather play someone like Byron in the first line instead of giving the opportunity to someone like Andrighetto. It took Desharnais injury for Galchenyuk to finally shine.

We won't make any star players by making them play on the 3rd-4th line.

During The Gainey era, players like Latendresse, the Kostitsyn brothers, Pacioretty, D'Agostini, Higgins even Price just to name a few were given important positions almost right away or when a player would get injured.

Obviously, we had a better pool of prospects back in the days but a lot of them were also given a opportunity to see what they could offer.

Koivu would not only teach but make guys like S.Kostitsyn Higgins and Latendresse better. Kovalev made stars out of A.Kostitsyn and Plekanec. We didn't keep a veteran like Aebischer, Huet would have two rookies in Price and Halak as a backup.

Today, we rather make a veteran play on his off position rather then give a rookie his chance. We will never know what we have if we don't make these guys play with our star players.

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
My fustration comes from the fact that the final top 6 spot should be given to one of our prospects. I firmly believe we have the talent between Lehkonen, Andrighetto, Hudon and Carr to make a star player. If you are a highly drafted player see Galchenyuk or Stall and soon Sergachev you will be given a opportunity to reach your full potential. Gallagher has been the exception, Tinordi was sitting in the press box, same with Pateryn and it seems we are heading more into a duo of Weber-Petry instead of giving a bigger role to Beaulieu.

Bergevin always like to talk about how we are a team that develop from within, drafting and player development is primordial for him. We seriously have nothing to show for...from what I see, it's always the veteran that gets the opportunity. Rather play someone like Byron in the first line instead of giving the opportunity to someone like Andrighetto. It took Desharnais injury for Galchenyuk to finally shine.

We won't make any star players by making them play on the 3rd-4th line.

During The Gainey era, players like Latendresse, both Kostitsyn, Pacioretty, D'Agostini, Higgins even Price just to name a few were given important positions almost right away or when a player would get injured.

Obviously, we had a better pool of prospects back in the days but a lot of them were also given a opportunity to see what they could offer.

Koivu would not only teach but make guys like S.Kostitsyn Higgins and Latendresse better. Kovalev made stars out of A.Kostitsyn and Plekanec. Huet had a rookie in Price as a backup.

Today, we rather make a veteran play on his off position rather then give a rookie his chance. We will never know what we have if we don't make these guys play with our star players.

Nice examples of great development you got there buddy...

The only guy that is still in the NHL is Pac , and you somehow try to give the impression that those guys were well developed?

Latendresse is the best example of bad development , he was rushed way too early into the big club.

It took 4 years to Pacioretty to finally become the player he is .

His first 3 years he was always up and down between the AHL and the big club.

Players need time to develop, it's not just about the points they can put on the board. It's the way they play in the 3 zones.

What's the whole point in having an AHL club if you want to bring up young players and give them spots in the top 6 right away?

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Nice examples of great development you got there buddy...

The only guy that is still in the NHL is Pac , and you somehow try to give the impression that those guys were well developed?

Latendresse is the best example of bad development , he was rushed way too early into the big club.

It took 4 years to Pacioretty to finally become the player he is .

His first 3 years he was always up and down between the AHL and the big club.

Players need time to develop, it's not just about the points they can put on the board. It's the way they play in the 3 zones.

What's the whole point in having an AHL club if you want to bring up young players and give them spots in the top 6 right away?

Thing is, management seems to be in win now mode. One if not two of Lehkonen, Carr or Andrigettho will need to pull a 15-20 goals season and keep it up in the playoffs to have a chance to win.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Thing is, management seems to be in win now mode. One if not two of Lehkonen, Carr or Andrigettho will need to pull a 15-20 goals season and keep it up in the playoffs to have a chance to win.

This is what I don't get , there's a strong possibility that we have Lehkonen,Carr and Andrighetto making the team but somehow this management is never giving chances to our young prospects... :facepalm:

Let's not forget Beau, Pateryn and even Chucky and Gally who are relatively still pretty young. But already are a major part of this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad