Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
download - 2024-04-16T102046.525.png
download - 2024-04-16T102125.070.png
download - 2024-04-16T102156.128.png
download - 2024-04-16T102209.467.png

It's very much splitting hairs but Panarin should probably be a Hart finalist.

Take out McDavid. He doesn't need it and it wasn't his best year.

Kucherov will win it. He shouldn't. He puts up an obscene amount of points but he's the most empty calories out of the four.

MacKinnon absolutely should win it. My goodness. Legit cheat code.

Panarin put up 120 and massively underperformed his expected results. I'm going to repeat that: he had 120 points and massively underperformed his expected results.

He should finish 2nd.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
MVP type season but now is the time he needs to shine. So far his career as a playoff player as Ranger hasn’t been good. I think he will shine this time though

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
AP did exactly what he needed to this year. He cut out all the bullshit and fluff from the past 2 years with the overpassing and needless turnovers... aside from being 4th in the league in scoring he finished in the top 10 for shots on goal, and the top 5 for shot attempts. Greatly benefited from playing a more direct game. I feel much more comfortable with this Panarin going into the playoffs than years past

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Gladly eating crow about Panarin this year. What an amazing turnaround from last year. We saw a season very similar in pure dominance to Jagr in 05-06 and Messier in 91-92 and 95-96. Just pure magic from Day 1 and it never stopped.
I don't understand this narrative that Panarin was terrible last season. Was it his worst season as a Blueshirt? Sure, but it was still better than any season he had for either the Hawks or Columbus. He has exceeded expectations every season since his signing.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
View attachment 852723View attachment 852724View attachment 852725View attachment 852726

It's very much splitting hairs but Panarin should probably be a Hart finalist.

Take out McDavid. He doesn't need it and it wasn't his best year.

Kucherov will win it. He shouldn't. He puts up an obscene amount of points but he's the most empty calories out of the four.

MacKinnon absolutely should win it. My goodness. Legit cheat code.

Panarin put up 120 and massively underperformed his expected results. I'm going to repeat that: he had 120 points and massively underperformed his expected results.

He should finish 2nd.

I think that this was the single best year by a Rangers forward . . . maybe ever? I mean, that's like all-time-great-level numbers from Panarin, there.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think that this was the single best year by a Rangers forward . . . maybe ever? I mean, that's like all-time-great-level numbers from Panarin, there.
It probably is. He should have had closer to 140 based on how he was tilting the ice. It's not a criticism, I think he was actually unlucky.

Lafreniere (also not shitting on him, just saying) hit Dubsinky levels of hitting the post this year.

markymarc1215

Jan 8, 2023
Southwest Florida
This all makes sense. I can't recall one game that Panarin floated all season. He is the only player I can say that about.

It also shows he has a lot more mettle than we thought, and his play under Gallant was a by-product of not being coached and motivated. I think Lavy's best work, aside from leaving Laf with him from Day 1, was getting the most out of Panarin.

He doesn't have to have an all-world playoff performance. Just a good one where he maintains this effort and likely stays at or above a point per game. History shows that Zib and Kreider are playoff performers, and that line will draw attention.

Remember even the greatest Rangers fought adversity and rose back to the occasion. I can recall a game or two at MSG towards the end of the 92-93 season, right after they were eliminated from the playoffs. Messier was booed religiously everytime he was on the ice. And rightfully so given his antics and performance that season. He was torched in the media especially WFAN. The next year, he leads them to a Stanley Cup.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
It probably is. He should have had closer to 140 based on how he was tilting the ice. It's not a criticism, I think he was actually unlucky.

Lafreniere (also not shitting on him, just saying) hit Dubsinky levels of hitting the post this year.
A big reason why I can't stand the people who use traditional counting stats to compare Laf to other players.

With any luck (at just even strength mind you) he would have been sitting around ~35 goals, 75 points. The amount of posts and missed nets from him and his linemates earlier this year was maddening. I'd say he's a safe bet to get to those numbers next season rather easily if he plays the same game he's been playing this year.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
I believe Artemi will be different this post season. He may not score at the same clip, but I believe we'll see a difference maker out there from start to finish.

Reactions: haveandare

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
He wasn't as quick as he is this year and he's shooting more i think the post season will be better for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad