Confirmed with Link: Artem Anisimov Signs PTO

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Awesome he's here. Drury probably has good impressions of him from when they played together for parts of three seasons.

Why did he choose to stay here and not make more money in the KHL or Europe when he knows he's not going back to the NHL?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Imagine if he did this after he scored

ANI.jpg

Edit - yea no idea why the images still arent showing up. You guys must not be clicking enough ads.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Awesome he's here. Drury probably has good impressions of him from when they played together for parts of three seasons.

Why did he choose to stay here and not make more money in the KHL or Europe when he knows he's not going back to the NHL?

Maybe he still have hopes of coming back to the NHL. Maybe he has family already in North America. Maybe he does not care that he’d get more money in the KHL. He was a NA player most of his career. It’s not like he went back to the KHL when things did not work out for him like Kravtsov did. Seems to have a better character and passion for the game. If Drury signs him to minimum, I would not mind although doubt it happens with lack of contract spots in the organization.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I would give him a league minimum 2-way contract
I know it's only two games but he has looked pretty mediocre in the AHL. Given that he's 35 and hasn't played in the NHL for 3 years I wouldn't rush to give him an NHL contract, even if it's for the minimum. They could find better options for a contract spot IMO.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I would give him a league minimum 2-way contract

FYI: Since Anisimov has not played pro hockey in Europe this season, he does not require re-entry waivers when signing an NHL contract. That would make it a little easier for the Rangers.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I know it's only two games but he has looked pretty mediocre in the AHL. Given that he's 35 and hasn't played in the NHL for 3 years I wouldn't rush to give him an NHL contract, even if it's for the minimum. They could find better options for a contract spot IMO.
Oh for sure. Agree with all of this. Just find it better to have him down in Hartford period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad