Around the NHL XXXVI: Ladd AND Weise/Fleischmann to Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah I'm trying to explain to my wife why I'm emotional about this, LOL. :laugh:

I am trying to explain it and she even watches hockey. She doesn't understand why I am so emotional. I actually cheered when he was announced MVP. It's 2:35 AM and I am cheering for John Scott. This is insane!

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Scott's little girls wearing jerseys with "daddy". Man, that's adorable. That, plus the Sharks kids doing the flying-V and Schneider and Lu bickering made this so great.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
We just saw again why this is the greatest sport with the most upstanding athletes in the world. :cry:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Crazy how it played out like a movie. They tried to keep him out, he comes anyway, he looks okay, scores 2 goals, wins tournament and gets voted MVP.

Crazy. Good for the big man.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
The second goal by Scott was great. Happy for him. Also, I only watched pieces of this ASG, but the three on three was really entertaining and the games were very close.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He scored 2 legit goals. They didn't hand it to him. They didn't let him go on the breakaway either. He actually played good hockey. He didn't look out of place. It was great!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The Scott thing aside, this was a well-played game and a good format. I don't generally care about ASG's, but I would watch this if it was played at this level each year. The guys actually looked like they cared about winning.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The Scott thing aside, this was a well-played game and a good format. I don't generally care about ASG's, but I would watch this if it was played at this level each year. The guys actually looked like they cared about winning.

Exactly. They didn't treat it like a charity event where they are just goofing around. The players were actually playing to win. Shooting the puck, defending on a breakaway, some checks even. This was great

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It gets better. Scott's helmet going to the HHOF and he's getting endorsement offers. **** yes!

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Somebody needs to make a "Rudy" clip from this. Going against all of the odds, everyone telling him he couldn't do it. Instead of the clips of Rudy practicing you show Scott's fights with that training music in the background from the movie. Hell you even have similar situations the fans chanting the name, then scoring instead of getting a sack. You even have his teammates picking him up on their shoulders. Someone with computer skills get on this quickly!

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC

In the first 2 games the players didn't try nearly as hard as they did in the third game. Still better than any other year I remember though.

Jun 16, 2015
YES.0.gif

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
The feels.

The ending/post game celebration and ceremony was like the happy ending of a good movie; everyone riding off into the sunset.

John Scott, you're gonna make it bro. We all are.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Really love how all the players rallied around John Scott

Conspiracy theories aside, does anyone think the players unity for Scott and what he went through to play in the game is payback against Bettman and the league for the multiple lockouts? Rallying around one of their own.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The Oilers, Canucks, Jackets, Sens, Pens, Ducks, Preds, Sharks, Kings, Lightning and Sabres (possibly more) all tweeted #VoteMVPScott at various points in the game. **** off, Bettman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad