Around the NHL XXXVI - Final Countdown: 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Best case scenario is they miss the playoffs AND Duchene resigns. Seems unlikely that happens though.
Personally I think it will happen more than likely. Bob, Panarin, Dzingel are going to walk. They will throw money at Duchene and hopefully he will sign. Plus I don't think they are going to overtake Montreal or Pittsburgh for the last playoff spot.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
So what's the best best case scenario regarding CBJ for us?
They miss the playoffs, Duchene re-signs, everyone else leaves, they win the lottery. Then they win the lottery again next year and we get that pick. Then they win the lottery again in 2021 and we again get that pick.

Reactions: DrEasy

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Hope Cbj misses the playoffs because I'm not sure why duchene would sign there and he probably won't. sucks to root against them because you have to respect their efforts to go all in. There are too many coward gms in this league

Reactions: Evanc23

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Hope Cbj misses the playoffs because I'm not sure why duchene would sign there and he probably won't. sucks to root against them because you have to respect their efforts to go all in. There are too many coward gms in this league

I absolutely respect the balls on Kekalainen to go all in.

The logic behind it, no. Not even close. It makes literally no sense whatsoever. This Columbus team has almost no chance of getting past a team like Tampa, and they've potentially mortgaged a decent chunk to maybe get one round closer to a meeting with the Lightning. It was absolutely the wrong year to go all in for this team.

But the balls, absolutely you have to respect that. Most GMs wouldn't dive in like this when the time called for it. Too bad Jarmo did it when the time wasn't a-callin'.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Carolina playing in the old Hartford greens, that's a funny blast of nostalgia. Carolina does do things differently.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hoping Brad Marchand just threw the same grenade into the Leafs/Marner relationship that Doughty did to Karlsson and the Senators.

Kind of pisses me off that players can do that; if the GM says the very same thing, it's a massive fine.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Personally I think it will happen more than likely. Bob, Panarin, Dzingel are going to walk. They will throw money at Duchene and hopefully he will sign. Plus I don't think they are going to overtake Montreal or Pittsburgh for the last playoff spot.

If people want the best (but probably very unrealistic) case scenario, something like the above is probably it.

Everybody walks, CBJ pay Duchene an absurd amount of money to keep him and save face.

Combine that with them missing the playoffs AND winning the 3rd overall lottery pick (which they keep), so we get both their 2020 and 2021 picks unprotected after they've lost Panarin/Dzingel/Bobrovsky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad