Around the NHL XXXII: P. Kane Under Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Go Hawks Go!

Both of their Cup wins have been away. It's time for them to win at home. And what's with the title jinx?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Tampa very salty at end. Champions find a way to win even with basically 4 d men and an "average" goalie

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
The game operations people in Tampa put "Thank you fans!" on the bands around the building. They don't think they're seeing a Game 7.

rvdnsx

Jun 30, 2003
Love that TB is gonna lose, honestly they had no business being in the SCF. Barely squeaked by Detroit, did beat MTL, but beat a decimated NYR team without its best playmaker and top 3 DMen playing through basically broken bones. Hope the Hawks end it in Game 6, so irritating that an arrogant team like TB is in the Finals when we were one period away.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
Love that TB is gonna lose, honestly they had no business being in the SCF. Barely squeaked by Detroit, did beat MTL, but beat a decimated NYR team without its best playmaker and top 3 DMen playing through basically broken bones. Hope the Hawks end it in Game 6, so irritating that an arrogant team like TB is in the Finals when we were one period away.

Exactly why I want TB to lose. We were hurting, and Cooper was arrogant. Not a humble bone in his body. Maybe I'm confusing arrogance with confidence...but he isn't likeable to me.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
So, how injured is tyler johnson, or did the team running 4D figure him out all of a sudden.

7 individual shot attempts at Even Strength through 5 games of the series thus far. only on the ice for 51 Corsi events for and him and his linemates are negative possession players since godknowswhen. and it looks like kucherov might be finished

i guess chicago's top4 is better than mosts teams 6/are just a much better team than ones they've had to face, including us, in the east. built to win come playoff time...

tb is pretty much done

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I suppose experience is a factor in the Blackhawks' favour, but it is also that they have better talent than the Lightning. Depth is a good thing to have, and the Lightning are decent in that respect, but the top players on the Blackhawks are better than the top players on the Lightning.

Quenville has done a great job tweaking his lines to get the most out of everybody.

Crawford is getting it done, regardless of all the opinions out there on why he cannot, or should not. He really doesn't care about those opinions, and he could very well be hoisting another Stanley Cup very soon as a money goalie once again for the Blackhawks.

I think Kane has some kind of injury. He's not himself out there, regardless of the fact that Hedman has been covering him very well.

Last edited:

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
Watching chi play tb vs us is night and day. Hawks kept pressing in the 3rd after that 2nd goal. NYR would have folded into a shell.

Last 1:30 of the game there was BARELY any sustained offensive zone pressure by tb. Against us? Forget it, sweat your nuts off.

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
Rooting for the hawks, get beaver another cup and he'll probably retire.

He's been good, it was sad how much bad rap he got here. It's too bad he couldnt stay. Everyone ragged about him being on the point for the pp and we end up with boyle doing it instead and msl at one point which lead to a goal.

He would have been great to keep. We could have kept him too, move msl at year end and sign stralman over boyle (i think boyle gets more than stralman). That ship has sailed though

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
So, how injured is tyler johnson, or did the team running 4D figure him out all of a sudden.

7 individual shot attempts at Even Strength through 5 games of the series thus far. only on the ice for 51 Corsi events for and him and his linemates are negative possession players since godknowswhen. and it looks like kucherov might be finished

i guess chicago's top4 is better than mosts teams 6/are just a much better team than ones they've had to face, including us, in the east. built to win come playoff time...

tb is pretty much done

No, that's what happens when he faces a defense that can handle his line's forecheck and move the puck quickly out of danger.

bigbuffalo313

Apr 28, 2012
New York
Will the Hawks have another crazy ending to game six this year?

2010: Kane scores the Cup winner in OT, but nobody actually sees it go in

2013: The Hawks score 2 goals in 17 seconds in the last minute of the game to win the Cup

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Tyler Johnson is definitely hurt. That is not the same player I saw playing against the Rangers.

SkjeiPls

May 21, 2013
YYFVOZv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad