Around the NHL XLIII: Nervous Turkeys Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
my lord 9-1 now at the Bell Centre. What an embarrassment. There's still a period left....it could get worse even if the Habs call off the dogs.

I think I can recall one game in past decade where I felt as a Ranger fan complete and utter embarassment and that was the Thomas Hertle game at San Jose. I want to say we lost 9-2 or something like that. But man that was such a horrible feeling as a fan to have to go thru that.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
4:05 TOI total with 8 minutes left to go in the 2nd. I don't think the coach trusts him. Seems McI went from one situation to another of the same ilk.

_________ __________ is a dumbass for not trusting McIlrath over some steady no upside 3rd pairing veteran.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
my lord 9-1 now at the Bell Centre. What an embarrassment. There's still a period left....it could get worse even if the Habs call off the dogs.

I think I can recall one game in past decade where I felt as a Ranger fan complete and utter embarassment and that was the Thomas Hertle game at San Jose. I want to say we lost 9-2 or something like that. But man that was such a horrible feeling as a fan to have to go thru that.

And then there was this:

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
One of PHI, CBJ, PIT needs to lose. PHI already won, Pingu is tied now, CBJ is up by one. Heebus.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
If the Pingus are going to win, just do it in regulation so the Dobboes will be the uncontested #9 team in the conference.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
10 goals in Montreal, Avs are doing terribly. Somehow Patrick Roy is going to have some sort of a career change by the end of the night.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Yeah fellas both those losses to the Stars and Penguins were embarassing but for me it doesn't equal what the Sharks did to us that horrific night in San Jose.Maybe it was the fact that a wet behind his ears rookie Hertle scored 4 goals on us that night and his last one was one of those in your face between the leg jobs which made the loss all that much worse. I recall watching that goal being replayed for pretty much the whole season. So tho those losses to the Stars and Pens were bad no doubt...the loss to the Sharks was REALLY REALLY BAD in CAPS.

BTW: As as side note, watching Nik Zherdev in a Ranger uniform. What a waste of god given talent he was. That boy had some skills. I recall when he came up with Columbus, he was awesome and had such a bright future and I remember when we acquired him I was stoked at this. But like hundreds before him in NHL history who are great prospects and who have insane talent, for some reason, he never could put it all together and he was gone from the league a few years later.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
*** Penguins....they refuse to lose as well. Up 4-3 now. Something aint right in Tampa which is why in my predictions post for playoffs I did last night on this thread, I don't think they will get into the dance. I think the Stamkos loss is really starting to hit home now for them and their goaltending isn't as good as it's been in the past few years.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Love how Halak plays the Rangers like he is Marty Brodeur and against any other team he is utter garbage. Pretty funny.

It is the damnedest thing. Been that way for years with Halak. Well at least it's very likely the Isles will be golfing come playoff time this year. So hopefully Halak continues his "consistant" play vs the rest of the league...hah

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Don't care for jostling for position. Just need a playoff spot. Devils are now the clear winner of the 9th place spot in the conference.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I wouldn't mind at all if they went back to the top 8 teams in the conference playoff format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad