Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Continue.

01361f0987a6d7e160f125d87f52385e.jpg

Last edited:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
This is great. Some good bits on Hagelin, and how everything works together in player personnel decisions.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/jim-rutherford-what-you-dont-know-about-being-a-gm/

I hated losing Hags from the minute we made that deal. He was a huge part of our teams heart and soul. I understand he had a lackluster 2015 playoff for us. I understand that he wanted 4 mill. Still I wanted us to find the money elsewhere. Trading such a huge part of our identity was horrible. It was nice to read how much Pit valued him.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I hated losing Hags from the minute we made that deal. He was a huge part of our teams heart and soul. I understand he had a lackluster 2015 playoff for us. I understand that he wanted 4 mill. Still I wanted us to find the money elsewhere. Trading such a huge part of our identity was horrible. It was nice to read how much Pit valued him.

Me too...Was one of my favorite players for sure. To add...I hated the return.

2nd might turn into a player for us...But I really felt value wise he should have been a NYR and if not...the club could have gotten a more significant return for the now.

It is what it is.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.

2nd might turn into a player for us...But I really felt value wise he should have been a NYR and if not...the club could have gotten a more significant return for the now.

It is what it is.

Agreed. Hated losing him, but understood the finances of it - would have preferred it if we kept our 2nd and Anaheim kept Etem.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

It is what it is.

I just hate being penny rich and dollar poor. Lets say Hags was worth 3.6 mill. I'd rather pay an extra 400k and keep Hags than sign a bunch of guys that wash out during the season.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Boyle retiring this week. Probably signing one day deal with the Sharks to do it with them.

Never forget his greatest moment with the Rangers:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Boyle retiring this week. Probably signing one day deal with the Sharks to do it with them.

I loved that Dan Boyle moment. I only wish they had the time Stepan went after Larry Brooks last season on video tape.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

I'm by no means Uncle Larry's biggest admirer, but I actually think that was the worst moment of a bad run for Boyle. Completely unprofessional. You get paid big money to play a ****ing children's game, and that is 100% due to the fact that the media covers, and broadcasts your play. Meanwhile the journalists schlep to practices, travel all over the country in mediocre accommodations, and give up most of the evenings of their falls/winters/springs for what is barely a living wage in NYC. And to top it all off, Boyle WAS ******* while he was here and completely DESERVED to be buried in the press. Good riddance.

That childish tantrum actually makes me sympathetic to Brooksie, and that's hard to do! :laugh:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I'm by no means Uncle Larry's biggest admirer, but I actually think that was the worst moment of a bad run for Boyle. Completely unprofessional. You get paid big money to play a ****ing children's game, and that is 100% due to the fact that the media covers, and broadcasts your play. Meanwhile the journalists slave away for what is barely a living wage in NYC. And to top it all off, Boyle WAS ******* while he was here and completely DESERVED to be buried in the press. Good riddance.

That childish tantrum actually makes me sympathetic to Brooksie, and that's hard to do! :laugh:

The SJ press loved Boyle and stood up for Boyle after this incident. Meanwhile this is at least the 4th incident like this that Brooks has been involved in. Brooks is a troll that enjoys negative attention. The common denominator is Brooks not Boyle. If the Stepan incident had been videod most Ranger fans would most likely praise Stepan.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I'm by no means Uncle Larry's biggest admirer, but I actually think that was the worst moment of a bad run for Boyle. Completely unprofessional. You get paid big money to play a ****ing children's game, and that is 100% due to the fact that the media covers, and broadcasts your play. Meanwhile the journalists schlep to practices, travel all over the country in mediocre accommodations, and give up most of the evenings of their falls/winters/springs for what is barely a living wage in NYC. And to top it all off, Boyle WAS ******* while he was here and completely DESERVED to be buried in the press. Good riddance.

I believe earlier in the year, Brooks went after Boyle about something and it was during a time that he had a family emergency, so was away from the team for a bit last season.

That, I think, was straw that broke the proverbial camel's back for Boyle.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I believe earlier in the year, Brooks went after Boyle about something and it was during a time that he had a family emergency, so was away from the team for a bit last season.

That, I think, was straw that broke the proverbial camel's back for Boyle.

Yep, and Brooks knew the issue that was not reported out by the Rangers through the press as it was personal. If I were Boyle, I would have done the same thing if not worse.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
any details to share?

From what I heard, Stepan followed Larry down a corridor last season after practice. It was not on video but I heard Stepan lit in to Larry face to face way harder than Boyle ever did in that video.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Not to disturb the conversation and it might be off topic, but oh boy.. Tampa might be after Zuci signature since 2015. It was after a quick trade rumor mill research I notice this.. ;)
Tampa probably still miss Marty st. Louis so it`s not a surprise for me - I miss him too. `grin`

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
wow.. i had no idea.

Very few people knew about it. The beat writers did not speak about it when it happened. Carp was the only writer I remember even speaking up about it after the Boyle incident.

By the way I do not believe Brooks is a Rangers fan. I believe he is still an Islanders fan who covers the Rangers. When he was asked his favorite players the only Ranger he named was Lundy.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I think L. Brooks is on vacation - an unknown guy name Brett Cyrgalis is writing about Rangers now from New York Post. :)

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I think L. Brooks is on vacation - an unknown guy name Brett Cyrgalis is writing about Rangers now from New York Post. :)

I mean, he was the only one from the Post covering the WCoH. No doubt he's getting some R&R right now while Brett is covering the Rangers.

TurgePurge*

I dont remember Hagelin being bad in the 2015 playoffs. He was bad in the SCF but he was dragged down by two old farts. He scored the series clincher against Pitt which should stand for something considering Gaborik gets exalted for scoring one goal and he was generally a donk.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I dont remember Hagelin being bad in the 2015 playoffs. He was bad in the SCF but he was dragged down by two old farts. He scored the series clincher against Pitt which should stand for something considering Gaborik gets exalted for scoring one goal and he was generally a donk.

Yeah the guy only scored forty goals in two of the three full seasons he was here.

**** that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad