Around the NHL V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 54s54 seconds ago
Tyler Toffoli extension win the LA Kings: $6.5 million total, $2.6 million in Year 1 and $3.9 million in Year 2

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I think that's too much money although they are losing O'Reilly so the loss wont feel so harsh. Anyway I'm glad that we stayed away from Soderberg and his contract.

$ is ok, but 5 years? He's had two good seasons in Boston, but that's still more term than I'd want to commit to a 29 year old that's only had two years in the league.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
$ is ok, but 5 years? He's had two good seasons in Boston, but that's still more term than I'd want to commit to a 29 year old that's only had two years in the league.

$$ seem kinda' high for a 3C who puts up about 45 points. if that's the going rate we are gonna' be screwed, whether it's what we have to pay Ribs or what we pay whoever we get that's less talented.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
First Suter.
Now Reilly.

Yeah, it's safe to say that I really, really hate Minnesota now. **** 'em all.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm beginning to think that all those Minnesotans going back home to play is a detriment to that franchise. Too many players looking a bit too comfortable. The laggards wouldn't have even made the playoffs had Dubnyk not had a career season.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If it makes you feel any better, I'm beginning to think that all those Minnesotans going back home to play is a detriment to that franchise. Too many players looking a bit too comfortable. The laggards wouldn't have even made the playoffs had Dubnyk not had a career season.
One can only hope.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m2 minutes ago
Flames dealt 15th overall pick to Boston and more picks as well for Dougie Hamilton

So apparently CGY is landing Hamilton and only giving up picks. Why is west getting so much stronger all the time :rant:.

EDIT: Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 58s58 seconds ago
BREAKING: Bruins acquire 2015 1st round pick (#15) & two 2015 2nd round picks (#45 #52) from CGY for Dougie Hamilton: http://bbru.in/1JaooVq

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Flames dealt 15th overall pick to Boston and more picks as well for Dougie Hamilton

So apparently CGY is landing Hamilton and only giving up picks. Why is west getting so much stronger all the time :rant:.

BREAKING: Bruins acquire 2015 1st round pick (#15) & two 2015 2nd round picks (#45 #52) from CGY for Dougie Hamilton: http://bbru.in/1JaooVq

Well, at least he didn't go to Colorado or Edmonton. That he went to the latter's bitter rival when he was the type of piece they most desperately need makes it even funnier.

Hey, remember when people were wishing we were more like the Bruins...ouch (yes, I know they won a freaking Cup). Is it possible Burke/Treliving alerted them he was going to offer sheet Hamilton and they just decided to hammer out a trade for 2015 picks instead? Cap management kids...cap management...

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m2 minutes ago
BOS agrees to terms with D Adam McQuaid. Four years, AAV of $2.75M. #TSN

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Yep- looks like the Western Conference is going to be even more of a bloodbath this year than last, if that is possible.....

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
It is really really bad management when you deal an 8th overall first round pick from 4 years ago, who has EXCEEDED expectations for:

15th overall and a couple of 2nd round picks.

Yuck.

That isn't good.

-----

Now, Boston was in an awful position. Getting value for a guy they couldn't afford makes sense. It just is awful they were in that position to begin with.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Ryan O'Reilly and Jamie McGinn traded to Buffalo in exchange for Nikita Zadorov, Mikhail Grigorenko, JT Compher and the 31st pick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia