Around the NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
In fairness to the Oilers, three of the games went to OT. Even if you discount the game where the Oilers blew a 4-1 lead, that's still potentially a 2-2 series if they get a few bounces. Pretty close in some aspects even for a 4-0 sweep.
Thats like saying our series against the avs was close. We blew 2 late leads and lost in ot, could've easily been 3-1 calgary going to game 5.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

hnDDExWh.jpg

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
My love of brodie is more powerful than my hatred of having to constantly hear about the Leafs. I'm cheering for Toronto this year to atleast make it out of the Canadian division.

I personally just want to see the Jets get knocked out. How humiliated would Oilers fans be that the team that swept them couldn't even advance another round!?

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
There's already talk they'll but him out. With him bought out, they'll have like 25 million in cap space.
Watch them pay guys like Brandon Saad just to fill in the roster to 'compete'.

I dislike Neal as much as the next guy, but if the Oilers buy him out, I think it would be kinda funny if he bounces back so that he can burn them a third time.

- 3rd rounder
- Bad enough to buy out
- Bounces back and becomes a useful player after being bought out by Edmonton

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I personally just want to see the Jets get knocked out. How humiliated would Oilers fans be that the team that swept them couldn't even advance another round!?

With the right excuse, who needs to worry about being humiliated by reality?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
My love of brodie is more powerful than my hatred of having to constantly hear about the Leafs. I'm cheering for Toronto this year to atleast make it out of the Canadian division.
Yeah that's where I'm at too. I could stomach some Leafs success with Brodie there

Reactions: L13

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That empty net post in game 4 of the 2018 SCF broke him. It's like all of his talent evaporated after that moment
He wasn't very good the 2nd half of that season either. I think t was when the end of January hit he stopped scoring.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Make it 3. Almost a 4th. The Isles have really taken control

Also love how loud Nassau Coliseum is despite limited capacity, that is the perfect arena to generate playoff noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia