Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Toronto's largest problem is a collection of talented stars. There is no team.

Until the players quit worrying about individual accolades and start creating a team working for team goals they will be the 2007-2015 Washington Capitals.

God I wish we were only a perennial 100 pt team :P

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Yep. He's only 26 and we could probably get a better return for Hamonic or Brodie

I do not understand why you guys want to sell off while you are still in the playoffs? The Flames have underperformed a little but you guys still have a good team and in the playoffs who knows?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I do not understand why you guys want to sell off while you are still in the playoffs? The Flames have underperformed a little but you guys still have a good team and in the playoffs who knows?

This team is likely going to lose one or perhaps even both of Brodie and Hamonic due to cap implications next season. Moving one (Hamonic) now would be a prudent roster management move.

Second reason: Opening up cap space now allows for a larger deadline addition. Aka sell to facilitate buying.

Finally, although the Flames may be a playoff team they’ve shown this year the current roster likely doesn’t have the ability to do significant damage if they do make the playoffs.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
This team is likely going to lose one or perhaps even both of Brodie and Hamonic due to cap implications next season. Moving one (Hamonic) now would be a prudent roster management move.

Second reason: Opening up cap space now allows for a larger deadline addition. Aka sell to facilitate buying.

Finally, although the Flames may be a playoff team they’ve shown this year the current roster likely doesn’t have the ability to do significant damage if they do make the playoffs.

Ah gotcha. Defensmen are going for a premium right now. Might not be a bad idea, I just really like Brodie's game.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
lHKSRpb.gif

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
After tonight we're currently 10th in the west. We have games in hand on Winnipeg and Arizona but Minnesota and Nashville have games in hand on us.

Reactions: Boomstick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad