Around the NHL: The 2024 NHL Playoff Thread

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I'm behind the Panthers, it would be nice to see Reino, Montour, E-Rod, Kulikov and Okie hoist one.

Basically Sabres South.
Sabres South is basically my perspective as well. I close my eyes and replace Barkov with Eichel and imagine..."what if....?"

(Yeah... Florida has a supporting cast that the Sabres never approached......)

I hate efing Dallas....... 1999 STILL irritates me and I will never root for that *@$&!% franchise! (Or the Cowboys either..!)

Go Panthers!!

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Sabres South is basically my perspective as well. I close my eyes and replace Barkov with Eichel and imagine..."what if....?"

(Yeah... Florida has a supporting cast that the Sabres never approached......)

I hate efing Dallas....... 1999 STILL irritates me and I will never root for that *@$&!% franchise! (Or the Cowboys either..!)

Go Panthers!!
if ruff could move on then I can too

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I can move on......I'm just never rooting for Dallas for anything.....

This makes no sense to me. I don’t get hating a team because of what went on in history. There’s no reason to hope for anyone to lose other than the Leafs, because you know… the Leafs. It’s actually more fun to cheer for a team to lose, their opponent be damned.

Like the third round: go Rangers and lose in 5 because screw that entitled fanbase. Go Stars to beat that entitled fanbase in Edmonton and those bandwagon fans that want the Cup to be awarded to a Canadian team.

Basically cheer against someone because then the playoffs are fun

Reactions: dickiedunnwrotethis

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'm behind the Panthers, it would be nice to see Reino, Montour, E-Rod, Kulikov and Okie hoist one.

Basically Sabres South.
I think the evidence strongly suggests that the total organizational incompetence is the culprit for our neverending failure and not the rosters being subpar. The ingredients were there but we kept hiring the coaching equivalents of the bottom finisher on World's Worst Cooks.

This makes no sense to me. I don’t get hating a team because of what went on in history. There’s no reason to hope for anyone to lose other than the Leafs, because you know… the Leafs. It’s actually more fun to cheer for a team to lose, their opponent be damned.

Like the third round: go Rangers and lose in 5 because screw that entitled fanbase. Go Stars to beat that entitled fanbase in Edmonton and those bandwagon fans that want the Cup to be awarded to a Canadian team.

I pull for Edmonton because they are the last actual WHA team left.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Basically Sabres South.

That's where I'm at as well. As an opponent of Florida, I despise the way they play.

If Buffalo played like Florida does......I'd be head over heels in love with them.

I'd love to see Reinhart, E-Rod, Okie, etc raise the Cup.

Reactions: Reddawg

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I just hope people learn a very painful lesson about the foolishness of scapegoating players and demanding constant roster turnover when the problem is incompetent coaching and management.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

I'm not here to make sense on what was a personal emotional trauma for me. Likely, the last realistic chance for Buffalo to win the SC in my lifetime...

I despise Boston. I piss on Philly. Yeah, it's historical...... Dallas just happens to be part of that unholy trinity.

I also still harbor a very strong dislike for the former USSR having spent most of my life in positions with US security gravitas.

I'm not here for adjustment therapy either. LOL

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I just hope people learn a very painful lesson about the foolishness of scapegoating players and demanding constant roster turnover when the problem is incompetent coaching and management.
Yes, I prefer Buffalo plan of instead going through every coach in the league, languishing at the bottom of the standings until you finally find one who can work with Skinner.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm not here to make sense on what was a personal emotional trauma for me. Likely, the last realistic chance for Buffalo to win the SC in my lifetime...

I despise Boston. I piss on Philly. Yeah, it's historical...... Dallas just happens to be part of that unholy trinity.

I also still harbor a very strong dislike for the former USSR having spent most of my life in positions with US security gravitas.

I'm not here for adjustment therapy either. LOL

Same. I would add it took the Milbury era to even make me hate the Islanders a smidge less than I used to but Boston and Philly can get stuffed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad