Around the NHL: The 2024 NHL Playoff Thread

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Edmonton “Sabres” with 0 even strength shots on goal thru 18 mins of the 2nd period
It is pretty wild how far you can ride one specific strength of a team, but they always seems to get weeded out in the playoffs where these teams almost always succumb to their other weaknesses.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
That charging call against Petterson was a bad of a call as I've ever seen. Petterson jumped straight into the air and literally all of the momentum was from the Oilers player.

The only way that's a penalty on Petterson is if he caught him with an elbow up high, which didn't appear to happen and certainly wasn't what they called

And charging? Clearly there was something very aggressive about him just standing there :cool:

The first 2 periods of that game at least was reffed like a Sabres game on behalf of the Canucks. Completely let Oilers (esp McJ) slide on everything they whistled the Canucks for. Good on them to pull it out anyway.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
As someone that doesn't think coaching was the issue for TML, I feel it's a lateral move in terms of quality of coaching.

Berube is a guy that knows how to use his players. You give him a decent roster, he will be good enough to have a competitive team. But his message seems to get stale pretty quickly.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
As someone that doesn't think coaching was the issue for TML, I feel it's a lateral move in terms of quality of coaching.

Berube is a guy that knows how to use his players. You give him a decent roster, he will be good enough to have a competitive team. But his message seems to get stale pretty quickly.

They don’t have goaltending and their defensemen are not strong. He is going to have some issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad