Around the NHL: The 2024 NHL Playoff Thread

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Both the same action, both should receive same discipline unless there's a two tier justice system
One is a blind side jack rabbit punch when the other player is going for a hit, the other is a play that happens a lot in a scrum in front of the net.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
One is a blind side jack rabbit punch when the other player is going for a hit, the other is a play that happens a lot in a scrum in front of the net.
I’m sorry. A guy running you well after the puck is gone who put himself in position to eat a gloved fist isn’t the same as standing there and eating a gloved fist when you aren’t even engaged.

And not in the way you seem to believe they aren’t the same.

Marchand got got because he put himself there. f*** him.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Who caused the force/contact on the Marchant punch again?
The guy who cocked back punched him in the face is the cause for him getting punched in the face. When you go to throw a hit you don't expect to get punched. But whatever, I'm well aware I'm not talking to the Marchand fan club around here.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
The guy who cocked back punched him in the face is the cause for him getting punched in the face. When you go to throw a hit you don't expect to get punched. But whatever, I'm well aware I'm not talking to the Marchand fan club around here.
The force was caused by merchant.

You're saying the 2 punches are different because of the force. The recipient caused the force.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
The force was caused by merchant.

You're saying the 2 punches are different because of the force. The recipient caused the force.
I don't really care to argue semantics anymore it's clear we aren't gonna agree.

I think the sucker punch to marchand's chin when he's going for a routine check 2 seconds after Bennett's passed it is different than being in the middle of the known scrum area in the playoffs. Both are dirty and a penalty. If you don't, ok great.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I don't really care to argue semantics anymore it's clear we aren't gonna agree.

I think the sucker punch to marchand's chin when he's going for a routine check 2 seconds after Bennett's passed it is different than being in the middle of the known scrum area in the playoffs. Both are dirty and a penalty. If you don't, ok great.
I agree with this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad