Around the NHL: The 2024 NHL Playoff Thread

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I’m surprised he’s retiring. When he said right when the season ended that he already knew what he wanted to do for next season, I figured he wanted to come back. Guess I figured wrong. lol

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I’m surprised he’s retiring. When he said right when the season ended that he already knew what he wanted to do for next season, I figured he wanted to come back. Guess I figured wrong. lol

I think he wants to spend time with family instead of coaching. There were some health concerns and he stepped away from the team for a bit. I don’t know if it was something with his wife or something with his children or his grandchildren but he’s been doing this since the mid 80s it’s time.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I haven't watched the playoffs since I got rid of cable (4-5 years...... or maybe since the Sabres were in even).

Got Sling for playoffs. Enjoying rooting against teams this year!

Rangers Carolina game was boring because I was rooting against both teams at the same time. 🤷‍♂️

A world of difference a couple years makes. Before it was on ESPN and I didn't have cable I could hardly watch.

Now I have ESPN+ through Disney+, and I have a free login through HBO and discovered HBO MAX covers all of the TBS/TNT games. I can watch every single one now! It's awesome.

Reactions: Jacob582

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I have no problem with Jack Eichel. I feel like the Sabres and our medical staff are the ones who botched that relationship by forcing Jack to have a disc fusion or no neck surgery and not allowing him to get the artificial disc replacement he wanted. Which Vegas allowed him to get and he's now thriving with.

That said, go Edmonton at this point. I'd like to see McDavid get one.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
I have no problem with Jack Eichel. I feel like the Sabres and our medical staff are the ones who botched that relationship by forcing Jack to have a disc fusion or no neck surgery and not allowing him to get the artificial disc replacement he wanted. Which Vegas allowed him to get and he's now thriving with.

This is not factual, and its been said many times over Jack wanted out before the surgery drama.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Yeah Jack wanted out before surgery issues... That said.. I really don't have any animosity towards him. I blame Botterill/Krueger.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Without a team to root for I spend my rounds rooting against teams I hate most instead.

Head a very good round 1.

Now to turn 100 percent of my energy towards rooting against Boston
I'm also in "I don't want them to win" territory.

Team 1: Carolina. I live in South Carolina. It's insufferable.
Team 2: Boston. Because Boston and the arrogance.
Team 3: Rangers. Because NYC and the arrogance.

If Florida, Edmonton, Dallas, Vancouver, or Colorado win, I'm good.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I'm also in "I don't want them to win" territory.

Team 1: Carolina. I live in South Carolina. It's insufferable.
Team 2: Boston. Because Boston and the arrogance.
Team 3: Rangers. Because NYC and the arrogance.

If Florida, Edmonton, Dallas, Vancouver, or Colorado win, I'm good.

My choices that I want to win are Panthers, Canes, Stars, Bruins, and then I don't care. I REALLY do not like the Oilers or Canucks.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003

1715017159363.png

BB79

Apr 30, 2011

What a weird thing to say about your own team. As if you have no say on how to deal with that.

The only thing the Maple Leafs have to fear is....the Maple Leafs themselves

Marner looked like he was scared of his own shadow for the entire series, so maybe there's some truth to it

Reactions: joshjull

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
What idiots the Sabres were to rush the search into....an experienced coach, precisely what they wanted and needed...:sarcasm:
Yep, the same idiotic Sabres that punted on hiring an experienced coach how many times when it was easily the most obvious flaw they had. Don't think one should be patting one's back when you finally decide on the 3rd coach for your (GM's) tenure that you should be looking for a veteran head coach.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
A world of difference a couple years makes. Before it was on ESPN and I didn't have cable I could hardly watch.

Now I have ESPN+ through Disney+, and I have a free login through HBO and discovered HBO MAX covers all of the TBS/TNT games. I can watch every single one now! It's awesome.
Are the ESPN games on ESPN+ ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad