NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18 III - Rangers fire Alain Vigneault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
*takes deep breath and prepares to duck many times

I really like Malkin. Yeah he does dirty stuff and has some... questionable stick work... but he’s definitely among my favorite non-Bruins in the league.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
The leafs are extremely well coached

Excellent down the middle

Fast

Goalie who's 10-1? Against Boston with a sub 2.00 GAA

The league wants Toronto to win - they are the Chicago Cubs, the 2003 Boston Red Sox

Incredibly the Bruins Toronto and Tampa are the 3 best teams in the conference

Ugh
If the League wants the Leafs to win, there isn't much they can do about the horrible Leafs D. They were winning in the Pens game but the SOG at one point, was 21-9, like some other poster said.

Also, the Leafs are overplaying Andersen and burnout is a possibility. Cycling and having defenders at the point make plays including shots on goal often give the Leafs problems. Their D is very suspect and counter rushes are usually beneficial against the Leafs because their game without the puck is pretty awful.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I don't care what anyone says about PK. He is an incredible ambassador for the sport. I was watching some news and they ran a short story about his Blueline Buddies program. Has a cop or firefighter take an underprivileged child to every Nashville home game. What a guy.
The Preds are my geographic team, so I am surrounded by a lot of Preds fans, some of whom have had dealings with several of the players and the organization. I cannot go into details, but PK does a ton of stuff that people never hear about and that he does not want publicized. I know he gets a certain amount of publicity for his charity work, and I read from time to time about how he is an attention hound yadda yadda, but he also does quite a bit that goes unreported. I have nothing but love and respect for PK, a guy I used to absolutely loathe when he was a Hab. I know there are a lot of hockey players that do a lot for people and their communities, so I am not saying PK is anything special in that regard. Just agreeing that he is an incredible ambassador for the sport and a genuinely wonderful human being.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The Preds are my geographic team, so I am surrounded by a lot of Preds fans, some of whom have had dealings with several of the players and the organization. I cannot go into details, but PK does a ton of stuff that people never hear about and that he does not want publicized. I know he gets a certain amount of publicity for his charity work, and I read from time to time about how he is an attention hound yadda yadda, but he also does quite a bit that goes unreported. I have nothing but love and respect for PK, a guy I used to absolutely loathe when he was a Hab. I know there are a lot of hockey players that do a lot for people and their communities, so I am not saying PK is anything special in that regard. Just agreeing that he is an incredible ambassador for the sport and a genuinely wonderful human being.
Oh yeah. I've never had an issue with PK the off-ice guy. It's what he does on the ice I can't stand.

Reactions: Zillah

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
*takes deep breath and prepares to duck many times

I really like Malkin. Yeah he does dirty stuff and has some... questionable stick work... but he’s definitely among my favorite non-Bruins in the league.

Funny, as we are discussing this, Malkin with the legal (but sneaky cheap) blindside hit on an unsuspecting Klingberg.

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Funny, as we are discussing this, Malkin with the legal (but sneaky cheap) blindside hit on an unsuspecting Klingberg.

:laugh: Haha I’m not watching but can’t say I’m surprised. The main thing I like about him is his graceful skating, especially for his size. Although I hate the Pens, I enjoy his ability to take over a game.

I like his chippiness too. He would have been a great player in just about any era.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
:laugh: Haha I’m not watching but can’t say I’m surprised. The main thing I like about him is his graceful skating, especially for his size. Although I hate the Pens, I enjoy his ability to take over a game.

I like his chippiness too. He would have been a great player in just about any era.
I hate when the Bs have to play against that quasimodo mother f***er. Dirty as hell and dangerous in the offensive zone. But I raised heck when he was not listed in the all time 100 the NHL released. As much as I dislike him and the team he plays for, I regard him as one of the very elite players of his generation. An absolute physical beast with crazy skill. Playing on the same team and at the same time as Crosby has taken away a certain amount of limelight from him. I believe that he has been better than Crosby in multiple seasons and playoffs, but has not been rewarded for that as many times as he should have been. He honestly scares me more than Crosby when the Bs play the Pens.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I'll be eagerly awaiting the fine of Seguin by DoPS for that massive embellishment he just performed that was 10x worse than what Marchand got fined for.

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I hate when the Bs have to play against that quasimodo mother ****er. Dirty as hell and dangerous in the offensive zone. But I raised heck when he was not listed in the all time 100 the NHL released. As much as I dislike him and the team he plays for, I regard him as one of the very elite players of his generation. An absolute physical beast with crazy skill. Playing on the same team and at the same time as Crosby has taken away a certain amount of limelight from him. I believe that he has been better than Crosby in multiple seasons and playoffs, but has not been rewarded for that as many times as he should have been. He honestly scares me more than Crosby when the Bs play the Pens.

Ya, he scares me too. I'm not proud of liking him but I just do... I also fully expect him to pull some real cheap **** against the Bruins soon and be called out for it. :)

It was bizarre that he wasn't on that Top 100 list.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Leafs with two quick goals early against the Stars. First goal was an ugly one - poorly handled puck by Lehtonen right in front of the net on the dump in by the Leafs and Kadri with the one man forecheck chipped it in off of Lehtonen’s stick. Second goal came 40 seconds later off of the ensuing face off by van Riemsdyk.

Last edited:

Heisenberg77

Jan 8, 2007
What on Earth is the deal with this woman just shouting "whoa"' and "ahh" during every ****** play? Get out of the ******* booth and let someone be color for crying out loud.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Stars go up 3-2 after a goal by Segsypants.

Jake Gardiner literally jumped out of the way of Seguin’s shot rather than trying to block it - man he is charmin soft and should be easy to abuse in the playoffs once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad