OT: Around the NHL: Ploffs - This is Outhouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
Florida is a joy to watch. Their ability to hustle and create chances around the net is amazing. There’s no way in hell the Penguins with their style of play would ever have a chance against a team like that.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
We'd prolly get knocked out in 5 too. All that agonizing over an extra 2 weeks.
Maybe so, but Sid wouldn't be pulling the invisible man cameo Ovi is showcasing. Absent a Trouba cheap shot he'd be making his presence known. At least in my fantasy hockey world. Plus, the Rags just aren't that great. I'd much rather face them than Bruins/Leafs/Canes/maybe both FL teams, maybe not, and several Western clubs for sure. Would probably rather play the CDS-backed Canucks than than the Rags, I'll admit that.

CDS with a balmy .750 sv %. Might make it to double digits in saves in a full playoff game.
Actually a red-hot .800, I think you're counting the ENG.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Maybe so, but Sid wouldn't be pulling the invisible man cameo Ovi is showcasing. Absent a Trouba cheap shot he'd be making his presence known. At least in my fantasy hockey world. Plus, the Rags just aren't that great. I'd much rather face them than Bruins/Leafs/Canes/maybe both FL teams, maybe not, and several Western clubs for sure. Would probably rather play the CDS-backed Canucks than than the Rags, I'll admit that.
The Pens would have been significant underdogs against the Rangers or Canes but they'd certainly have shown up better than the Isles and Caps have.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
At this rate Verhaeghe might become the all time leader in playoff OT goals. Also, he has more playoff OT goals than regular season ones. Talk about clutch.

And Tampa are ridiculously bad in OTs for some reason. Not that we didn't know that when they managed to lose three to the Leafs of all teams last year but still.

DeSmith gave up one last goal and didn't look too great but for me the main problem for the Canucks was they had like 20 minutes of offensive zone time and kept hitting Predators bodies with their shots or put them wide. Shot blocking and bunkering is getting ridiculous.

I don't think the Rags are all that, let's see what do against an actual playoff team.

Reactions: Andy99

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Winnipeg is screwed if Hellebuyck is going to regress in the playoffs yet again. Their defense isn’t mobile enough to match the Avs when they turn it on and Bowness’ whole approach is maximizing Hellebuyck, if he’s not going to be a net advantage… GG

Reactions: Andy99

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Imagine Caps/Isles getting swept. Those couple points extra just to play 4 extra games. Glad Florida won, suck it TB!
I can easily imagine it being the Pens.

I wanted them to make the playoffs as it was cost free. The first is gone. But they almost certainly spared us a lot of embarrassment and frustration.

As for these playoffs, Boston is the team that I dislike the most. Rat-Face alone makes them detestable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad