OT: Around the NHL: Ploffs - This is Outhouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The Bruins' second power play unit seems a lot better than our first unit.

Not that this is much of an achievement in itself, mind you.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I expected to see a more physical game between these two. This is more akin to a early regular season game imo.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If Jarry was in net for that Stamkos one timer, Florida would have given up a goal…underrated reason for the crappy Pens season is our goaltending wasn’t clutch the second half of the season

Reactions: Ignatius

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The first round is usually by far the most exciting and fun round in the playoffs.

It hasn't been that exactly so far. Hopefully one of these series becomes interesting.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The first round is usually by far the most exciting and fun round in the playoffs.

It hasn't been that exactly so far. Hopefully one of these series becomes interesting.
Haven’t seen teams take it up a notch as I expected…everyone seems worn out by the RS… maybe the Pens could have caught fire if they had gotten in since many players barely played most of the RS lol

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Haven’t seen teams take it up a notch as I expected…everyone seems worn out by the RS… maybe the Pens could have caught fire if they had gotten in since many players barely played most of the RS lol
I think the Pens could have beaten some of these teams.

Kinda doubt they'd have managed to beat the Rangers.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think the Pens could have beaten some of these teams.

Kinda doubt they'd have managed to beat the Rangers.
Idk…the Caps could beat them playing the most garbage 1-3-1 hockey…we’ll see…so far so good for the Caps lol…Pens would have to commit to playing to a trap, which they won’t

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I guess I have to acknowledge the Rags are a credible playoff team when Panarin doesn't shit the bed like he did last year against the Devils. Not sure what kind of litmus test the Caps are, though...

Anyone notice how big Willie decided he was no longer interested in discussing the disagreement at the end of the 2nd when Rempe stepped in front of him? Typical Wilson.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
If Jarry was in net for that Stamkos one timer, Florida would have given up a goal…underrated reason for the crappy Pens season is our goaltending wasn’t clutch the second half of the season
It was one of the main reasons.

I guess I have to acknowledge the Rags are a credible playoff team when Panarin doesn't shit the bed like he did last year against the Devils. Not sure what kind of litmus test the Caps are, though...

Anyone notice how big Willie decided he was no longer interested in discussing the disagreement at the end of the 2nd when Rempe stepped in front of him? Typical Wilson.
Rangers have a first round bye. Won't be able to tell if they're a playoff team until next round.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If you needed a reason, which you don't, the fact they finished behind this shitty Caps team that Andy loves to death is alone ground for firing everyone associated with this season.
I don’t love the team lol, I think I love the GM…new coach trying new things, inserting lots of youth in the lineup and a GM who sold at the deadlines last two years and made trades to bring in young players…I like how they’re doing things and I can’t stand that they’re showing up the Pens lol..

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I don’t love the team lol, I think I love the GM…new coach trying new things, inserting lots of youth in the lineup and a GM who sold at the deadlines last two years and made trades to bring in young players…I like how they’re doing things and I can’t stand that they’re showing up the Pens lol..
You lol talk up the Capitals lol all the time lol. They didn't insert lots of youth lol. Just admit that you hate Sullivan and the Pens so much that you're actually lol rooting for that trash team lol. It'll be liberating. lol.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Bad teams make the playoffs every year. That's what's so aggravating about the Pens' steep and steady decline over the years. :laugh: They can't even sort their shit out to the point of being one of half the teams to make it. And it's all self-inflicted.

Stupid, arrogant, dysfunctional shitshow of a franchise.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
You lol talk up the Capitals lol all the time lol. They didn't insert lots of youth lol. Just admit that you hate Sullivan and the Pens so much that you're actually lol rooting for that trash team lol. It'll be liberating. lol.
Only one thing here you said that was right: I do hate Sullivan…everything else is wrong

Embarrassing defense by Demelo on that goal. Use your body
Fun game so far, but man, the defense and goaltending has been shit for both teams

Reactions: canadianguy77

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I can see his point. I didn’t want to be chasing playoff spots the last few seasons either but anytime someone mentioned keeping draft picks everyone on here is like, “there’s no point because they won’t be ready in time.”

Well the time has come and gone and we didn’t even win a series through all of it. So not only do we not have 1st rounders, we also failed at winning even a round, and now they can’t even make the dance. And a bunch of swing and misses that we’ve sent out for chicken scratch or lost with absolutely nothing in return.

Reactions: Andy99

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I can see his point. I didn’t want to be chasing playoff spots the last few seasons either but anytime someone mentioned keeping draft picks everyone on here is like, “there’s no point because they won’t be ready in time.”

Well the time has come and gone and we didn’t even win a series through all of it. So not only do we not have 1st rounders, we also failed at winning even a round, and now they can’t even make the dance. And a bunch of swing and misses that we’ve sent out for chicken scratch or lost with absolutely nothing in return.
If you want to criticize what the Pens did the past several years, that's fine and that's fair. Acting like the Capitals are some role model to follow because this garbage team lucked its way into the playoffs with the 5th oldest roster in the league and whose best players are all as old as ours is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad