Series Talk: Around the NHL: Ploff hockey edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
At least we have 3 game 7s to watch…LA disappointed me, but let’s go Fla, NJ and Seattle…

Yea every game went the wrong way this time. Now I don’t care if Boston wins or not - I’d rather them win than Edmonton.
think it’s going to be WCF of Dallas and EDM unfortunately, but Dallas is good and maybe Oettinger can be great…

Reactions: Shady Machine

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
That's what happens when you blow 3-0 leads when you have a chance to put a stranglehold on a series.

Ironically, Tampa also blew a 3-goal lead late in Game 4 and put themselves on the brink.

Sullivan once again is ahead of the trend! His teams have been blowing 3-goal leads way before all these other teams started copying them.

Kinda funny how all of these other coach’s can find a way to scratch players like ZAR, Blueger, etc. but our coach…

Must know what he’s doing tho. Won two cups.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
It’s Connor McHeyzeus’s year. Is anyone else kind of willing to concede, with all due respect to Sid, that he’s the modern GOAT and it’s only a matter of time until he starts winning a few cups? This year will be his first.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
View attachment 699958

View attachment 699959

obi-wan-simp.gif
You should be comforted knowing that even if JR hadn’t traded the KK pick away he said he would have drafted a D anyway.

• Love
Reactions: AuroraBorealis

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Kinda funny how all of these other coach’s can find a way to scratch players like ZAR, Blueger, etc. but our coach…

Must know what he’s doing tho. Won two cups.

Sticktoitiveness*

“If you keep playing these bums night in night out, eventually one of them will score eventually…”

Or something.. :rolleyes:

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Congrats to the Leafs fans, their team finally got that bit of puck luck they were missing. It was bound to happen eventually. Tampa's inability to win in OT is pretty baffling for a team with so much playoff experience and recent success.

EDM barely winning in six despite having a power play of nearly 60% efficiency is pretty crazy. Vegas have the second worst PK so far, it would be interesting to see if they can improve against this deadly power play.

And of course the Rags are going to play seven games, it was pretty funny reading their board after game 5, so much histerics and whining that the series was over. Not that other fanbases don't do the same but still.

Reactions: BHD and trader997

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
To those Maple Leafs fans that might be confused today.

For clarification, the "2nd round" is further participation in a team tournament that is gained with the successful completion of defeating one's opponent in the 1st round.
Win, four - gets you more!

----------
I watched a few min of the NJD game.... not sure I can comment on anything specific because I didn't see it. Oh come on now.... don't let those scoundrel rangers move on..... do not!

Boston Florida should be.... interesting. Which can get it together and will there be 10 goals tonight??

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, unfortunately, it’s looking like NJ is going to let NYR off the hook, otherwise known as “Gallant changed the lines and the Rags figured out Schmid”….
ECF prediction now is Toronto-Rangers…I do think Boston will prevail in Game 7, but this is the Leafs year in the Atlantic…I think the Rags have Carolina’s #…they will score more on their goalies than the Canes can muster against Shesterkin…

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
It’s Connor McHeyzeus’s year. Is anyone else kind of willing to concede, with all due respect to Sid, that he’s the modern GOAT and it’s only a matter of time until he starts winning a few cups? This year will be his first.

No doubt in my mind he brings some Cups to Edmonton, he and Drai are too good not too.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Here, let me fix that for you:

"with all due respect to Sid, that he’s the modern current GOAT"

That is more palatable. We have a f***ton of GOATs. Why is my grass so high?

• Haha
Reactions: trader997

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
@Mr Jeff Jimerson HF Pens renowned anti-clutch playoff failure, #97, scraping by with 10 points in 6 games.
Kid needs to carry his own weight in R2 or the Oil are toast.
If the Bruins don't win tonight, I'm not a fan of hockey anymore. It'll prove my conjecture that this sport's rigged for ratings, theatrical, and sports gambling purposes.

No way the Florida Panthers would be able to beat the best regular season team of all time without extracurriculars going on behind the scenes.

If this was the 90's, Bruins would've swept the Panthers. But the sport is clearly corrupt these days.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
If the Bruins don't win tonight, I'm not a fan of hockey anymore. It'll prove my conjecture that this sport's rigged for ratings, theatrical, and sports gambling purposes.

No way the Florida Panthers would be able to beat the best regular season team of all time without extracurriculars going on behind the scenes.

If this was the 90's, Bruins would've swept the Panthers. But the sport is clearly corrupt these days.
UMMMMMMM 1993 Penguins Say Hi !!

Reactions: Al Smith

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Meanwhile, everyone is watching the Panthers/Bruins game. The outcome could really pave the way for the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad