Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Columbus ain’t moving

And Carolina just sold 51% yesterday and standard part of the sale agreement is a 7 year no relocation clause, so no, Carolina won’t be moving

My guess is Florida

Florida just signed a new lease a couple years ago that has another 7-8 years to run and a billionaire owner so they seem off the table at the moment as well.

Arizona is the obvious one based on losing money even though they have a renewing yearly lease, Calgary is the dark horse with the current arena head butting going on up there though seems far fetched.

It was interesting that Bettman mentioned that Seattle could also get a relocation team when the arena is ready, so who knows what happens in a couple years. Houston has people excited now that they have a new arena owner who's interested, but nobody knows if interested means shelling out 600 million or whatever.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Adding an expansion to Seattle evens everything out league wise. Bettman is just trying to control the press. They'd expand unless there's a problem somewhere, and Houston is more likely to get a relocated Arizona before Quebec.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Columbus ain’t moving

And Carolina just sold 51% yesterday and standard part of the sale agreement is a 7 year no relocation clause, so no, Carolina won’t be moving

My guess is Florida
Nope, and The North Stars weren't moving from Minnesota because Norm Green said so.

You just never know. I mean they're not going to say at this point anyhow.

Sad to see so many empty seats in Florida and Carolina.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Yeah, so now my official stance has changed to the Seattle Spice Girls.

Nice ring to it.
Just call them Pumpkin Spice for the double entendre!

Goddammit lol:
Seattle Pumpkin Spice, marketing to 20-something women nationally.

STARPUCKS
love it! haha

Columbus ain’t moving

My guess is Florida
Another longshot relo to QC might be the islanders. Not working out in Barclay's I guess. I think they're maybe working on a potential new arena near Belmont though? But I think Bettman is totally against losing a US team to QC so I have my doubts QC ever gets a team. Maybe Calgary if they don't get their new arena deal sorted out but I'm guessing they will. Maybe expansion to team #33 some day...

And yeah Arizona to Houston makes way too much sense. I expect it to wait to happen until after the owners have that expansion money from seattle well in hand though.

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
There's no way the stuff board of directors lets them go with Kraken.

That's too bad...

sparky T-shirt kraken.jpg

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I laughed.. cause it made no sense to me whatsoever

I thought Seattle was the place where they have the Joseph Stalin statue .. I dunno..maybe it's Portland... somewhere in the Northwest they have it

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I thought Seattle was the place where they have the Joseph Stalin statue .. I dunno..maybe it's Portland... somewhere in the Northwest they have it
As a swede I’ve always thought that the one thing that scares americans the most is communism. If that would be true Communists would be a pretty great name. Imagine: milk bars in the arena with smelly food, a Stalin mascot, ticket prices based on your salary and then the league should have a salary cap to create ”parity” (puts more money into the pockets of the oligarchs).

Reactions: Beerz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad