Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Vegas looks more cohesive than we do. But it's early.

Also, fitting that Tocchet, of all people, gets the first game in Vegas.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Can't wait for one week from tonight, when we're sitting here watching the Sabres get their doors blown off by VGK after we spent all day saying, "If they can pick up a win in Vegas, they can finish the road trip .500 and come home with some momentum...."

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I am kind of for giving the team time to change a bit under Housley but when Vegas is 3-0-0 this kind of tells me, no, they don't deserve it. Hopefully Housley can point to Vegas and ask the players if they are embarrassed based on their own product on ice..

.. And great for Vegas, since that's the only place I've been to in the USA and I'm a gambling man they are my de facto 2nd team so I'm super happy they have started so well despite the GMGM nonsense with Shipa. They also own twitter and will own twitter for the foreseeable future haha

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Both Vegas and Sabres have played 1 good game. Theirs was against Antti Raantta and Louis Domingue, ours was against Carey Price.

Have they been overall better than the Sabres so far? Yes, but so have 29 other teams.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I honestly don't understand why so many of you get so invested in stuff like this. It's October 11th. Literally no one's record matters at this point. Vegas being 3 - 0 means just as much as the Oilers being 1 point ahead of the Sabres.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Not that I'm surprised but after an amazing and emotional night in Vegas. It's sad to see the same petty stupidity in this thread. As opposed to taking break from that and enjoying a great moment for Vegas and how amazing sports can be sometimes. It was an incredible and emotional pregame ceremony. I couldn't be happier for the team to get a win in this circumstance. Gave the city a nice little break of fun/enjoyment, even one as small as this.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Not that I'm surprised but after an amazing and emotional night in Vegas. It's sad to see the same petty stupidity in this thread. As opposed to taking break from that and enjoying a great moment for Vegas and how amazing sports can be sometimes. It was an incredible and emotional pregame ceremony. I couldn't be happier for the team to get a win in this circumstance. Gave the city a nice little break of fun/enjoyment, even one as small as this.

Petty stupidity for you, reality for me. An expansion team with 3 of their best assets has 3 wins, we have 3 losses. The only petty thing I see is people coming up with excuses for well compensated and underperforming players.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
I honestly don't understand why so many of you get so invested in stuff like this. It's October 11th. Literally no one's record matters at this point. Vegas being 3 - 0 means just as much as the Oilers being 1 point ahead of the Sabres.

The Sabres board is a psychiatrist's dream. First goal of the season against and the season is over, major changes are needed and preseason draft rankings are broken out. They are the only team struggling out of the gate, all the other 30 teams are undefeated to start the season. Let's give it a couple weeks, if they are still playing like this then find the ledges to jump.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Petty stupidity for you, reality for me. An expansion team with 3 of their best assets has 3 wins, we have 3 losses. The only petty thing I see is people coming up with excuses for well compensated and underperforming players.
I meant "3 of their best assets in the AHL" of course

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I've lived in Vegas for the last 2 years, been excited to see the Sabres play here. Don't think I can handle us losing to a team that is a couple weeks old.

Nobody I know even mentions the hockey team.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I've lived in Vegas for the last 2 years, been excited to see the Sabres play here. Don't think I can handle us losing to a team that is a couple weeks old.

Nobody I know even mentions the hockey team.
Earlier today, on an unrelated sports board
312c70e6a5.png

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad