Around the NHL - (Playoffs Edition)

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
freddie isn't a playoff performer and the canes are a regular season team

If he knew how to slam the door shut in the playoffs the way the best goalies do we'd have had another Cup. Maybe two.

I never trusted him like I did with Giguere. If we had a 2 goal lead with less than 15 mins, I knew it'd take something crazy for Jiggy to give that up, but with Andersen I would have wanted that number to be more like 3 mins left.

Yeah, I've been on this train of thought for a while. If the past drafts are any indication, we'd probably be able to pick a same guy with both of those pick options

After you get past the top tier of talent in most drafts there's a pretty big variance in team's draft rankings. In a draft like this one where the variance may start as early as 2, the difference between 24 and 30+ might be almost nothing. There's a reason teams don't usually trade up just a few spots down there in the late 1st, they often get the guy they like regardless, or they just don't love any one particular guy.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
Well, that explains a lot. I didn’t realize it was such a chore for you to post a link to something you had already found. Sorry to have put you out by asking so much of you.
I am not sure what more you are wanting. I told you where to find it. I have a 20 acre farm and am sole caretaker of an adult special needs son. I have much better use for my time than trying to figure out how to post something easily found elsewhere on a message board to appease some arrogant, petulant fan.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
After you get past the top tier of talent in most drafts there's a pretty big variance in team's draft rankings. In a draft like this one where the variance may start as early as 2, the difference between 24 and 30+ might be almost nothing. There's a reason teams don't usually trade up just a few spots down there in the late 1st, they often get the guy they like regardless, or they just don't love any one particular guy.
A good point. However, I think the reason some might be hoping for 24th instead of 29th+ is because in theory anyway, the 24th pick would be more valuable if trying to move up to try and grab someone high on their list who might be available in the teens.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Wow, Panthers are through to the ECF.

So the ECF are set and in the West, we'll see if Dallas and Vancouver can close out their series tonight and tomorrow, or if either one or both go to seven games.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Congrats to Florida. Chucky in his Post Game interview said it best:

‘You need big men on defense.’

This defense does not excite me or push the needle in any way. I know Zellweger has the talent, but he is tiny

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013

This defense does not excite me or push the needle in any way. I know Zellweger has the talent, but he is tiny
Is that even a correct assessment of his own team? Montour and forsling are pretty average sized maybe even leaning on the small side

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Is that even a correct assessment of his own team? Montour and forsling are pretty average sized maybe even leaning on the small side
Right. Those guys are easily their two best defensemen (Ekblad has fallen off) and they are not big at all. Yes, they are bigger than Zellweger, but it's not like they are good because of their size.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho

Disagree. Would rather have fast, skilled D

Completely disagree. I am very excited about our young D. Would rather have speed and skill than large pylons. Panthers aren’t winning because their D are big. They are winning because of forward depth and Bob.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Hearing the announcers acting incredulous about Makar getting his helmet taken off in a scrum with no call when that happened close to a dozen times to the ducks this year and got called once? Maybe twice???

pak-meme.png

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Ref on the ice had absolutely no business calling that no goal. If it’s interference, let them decide it on review.

Reactions: Boo Boo

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Ref on the ice had absolutely no business calling that no goal. If it’s interference, let them decide it on review.
i can understand why he called it, the goalie was touched for sure. but he was outside the blue crease and Makar pushed Duchene. should be a clear good goal. refs just didn't want to admit to making a mistake and giving the away team the series winner.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Even with the bad GI call, Dallas still has all the momentum right now. I’d be surprised if they don’t win this game

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad