Around the NHL - (Playoffs Edition)

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Ryan Whitney brought up a point on Spittin Chiclets that I’m sure many of you will appreciate. One big reason why Vegas is out is because they lost to us in the final game of the season. Otherwise, they would’ve played Vancouver.
While I love the idea of helping end the Vegas season I'm not sure that Dallas wasn't their preferred opponent. Their record against Dallas was VERY good and there is an argument that you want to play your toughest opponent first before your own team gets all banged up. Kind of get them out of the way type of thing.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Ryan Whitney brought up a point on Spittin Chiclets that I’m sure many of you will appreciate. One big reason why Vegas is out is because they lost to us in the final game of the season. Otherwise, they would’ve played Vancouver.

If Vegas beat the Ducks in the last game they would have played Edmonton. And Edmonton would have probably beat them too. Vegas just didn't have it this year. Too many guys either not healthy (Stone/Karlsson/Petro) or just not playing well (STEPHENSON/Theodore) going in.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
If Vegas beat the Ducks in the last game they would have played Edmonton. And Edmonton would have probably beat them too. Vegas just didn't have it this year. Too many guys either not healthy (Stone/Karlsson/Petro) or just not playing well (STEPHENSON/Theodore) going in.
Ah, you're right. At least they would have put up a better fight than the Kings.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm not very good at noticing these things, but how many teams in the playoffs this year are playing with a man-to-man defense instead of the zone?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I mean not to rile up shit but no mention of how Florida's arena was almost completely empty before the final buzzer?

xnx6sw4s6xyc1.jpeg

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I mean not to rile up shit but no mention of how Florida's arena was almost completely empty before the final buzzer?

xnx6sw4s6xyc1.jpeg
People need to stop pretending like this is some phenomena that only happens in certain places. It happens everywhere. I was at game 4 for LA-EDM and people were heading for the exits in a 1-0 game with 2 minutes left. I was at the Comeback on Katella sitting right behind the Ducks bench and almost half my section was gone before we scored a goal. It's very common.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
People need to stop pretending like this is some phenomena that only happens in certain places. It happens everywhere. I was at game 4 for LA-EDM and people were heading for the exits in a 1-0 game with 2 minutes left. I was at the Comeback on Katella sitting right behind the Ducks bench and almost half my section was gone before we scored a goal. It's very common.
That's what I thought when you know who's fans did it but didn't want to say anything at the time.

• Haha
Reactions: duxfan1101

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Just marking the "it's no big deal we lost because we weren't going to win anyway" thumb-sucking.

I mean it's somewhat valid. It was pretty clear from January on that Vegas lacked the drive to repeat. And for me personally, I was put off by the Hanifin and Hertl pick ups with LTIR money. I wasn't actively rooting for Vegas to lose but I didn't really want them to win the cup that way either.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
It will be interesting watching Vegas going forward. They have some impending bad contracts going forward.

But the town is flush with money and has more than a few facilitators. I would not be surprised if a player like Mark Stone decides (encouraged) to retire and accept a VP position of something for $9.5m/year.

John

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It will be interesting watching Vegas going forward. They have some impending bad contracts going forward.

But the town is flush with money and has more than a few facilitators. I would not be surprised if a player like Mark Stone decides (encouraged) to retire and accept a VP position of something for $9.5m/year.

John
Now that would be cap circumvention by the current league rules. The league would step in. They investigated when Luongo retired early and took a front office job. I'm no fan of Bettman's but I'm fairly certain that would not be allowed to happen.

Reactions: 70sSanO

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Now that would be cap circumvention by the current league rules. The league would step in. They investigated when Luongo retired early and took a front office job. I'm no fan of Bettman's but I'm fairly certain that would not be allowed to happen.
I’m guessing it would not be in the Vegas operation.

John

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Trouba is awful. I don't really have a dog in this fight, but Trouba makes me want to root against the Rangers. Svechnikov is the guy I can't stand on Carolina, but he isn't nearly as bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad