Around the NHL - (Playoffs Edition)

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I love the NHL. But I'm a Ducks fan. I want to interact with Ducks fans. I consume a decent amount of national content that is put out by national media, but I only care about the Kings insomuch as I want them to lose.

It wouldn't be fun for me or their fans to head to their boards and tell them I hope their team is terrible forever.
I didn't say I post on their board (or other team's boards) because I don't. But there is a tremendous amount of information available on every team board and I try to take advantage of it. To each his own.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I find it amusing/interesting reading rival teams’ boards (Kings/Sharks) because they watch our young players like hawks. No doubt in my mind they’re more familiar with some of our young players than some of their own.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I didn't say I post on their board (or other team's boards) because I don't. But there is a tremendous amount of information available on every team board and I try to take advantage of it. To each his own.
Ok, that makes sense. I just don't have enough time in the day to consume that much hockey information.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
guessing a lot of people's brackets are gonna be screwed because of Tampa and Islanders both being down 3-0. would be crazy to see Tampa get swept.
I'm not surprised if both get swept. Tampa had its cups already for Kucherov and Stamkos, Florida Panthers really want their cup now in the battle of Florida. The Islanders have now become like this decades version of Minnesota Wild, they'll keep sneaking into the playoffs after starting out slow but then get blown out in the first round.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I find it amusing/interesting reading rival teams’ boards (Kings/Sharks) because they watch our young players like hawks. No doubt in my mind they’re more familiar with some of our young players than some of their own.
Are they wanting to trade for them, wish us bad luck, or just bitch at their own management for not having better prospects themselves?

• Haha
Reactions: Arthuros

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
I wonder if Nashville had been able to go see U2 they wouldn’t be holding Vancouver to 10 shots with 14:53 left in the 3rd.

Also, LA/Edmonton is win win for sure. If the Oilers take out the Kings again it’s hilarious, if the Kings win the Oilers 1st is guaranteed to not be bottom 4.

Reactions: lwvs84

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Vancouver have had like 5 shots since going 2-0 up 4 mins into the 2nd period. DeSmith is playing insane, Nashville should have about another 4 goals by now.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
10 seconds left on the clock and Nyquist decides to shoot from the goal line when he had Josi free up high.....sort of brain dead play I'd expect to see Anaheim do.

On another note, it's mental that Nyquist has 5 goals in 74(!) playoff games and 1 goal in his last 40 playoff games. 20 goal pace during the regular season and 6 goal pace during the playoffs......complete playoff choker.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I hate everything about the preds. Vancouver also pretenders but I hope they win the next 3 v Nashville
If I have to pick one franchise I dislike more than the Kings then it is the Predators hands down, their the only franchise I really despise. I dislike a few other teams (Kings, Hawks, RedWings) but with the Preds its that I despise them for how they play the game with massively leading the league in diving/embellishing per game, their lame country music goal songs over the years helps too. That said I respect their drafting with Dmen and Goalies.

I'm ok with the Canucks getting their stanley cup finally and with San Jose eventually getting theirs someday. I also do not want LA to get a 3rd cup for Doughty, it'll be much harder for the Ducks to catch up in Cups with LA if they get their 3rd. Anaheim will never match LA in World Series championships but the Ducks need to just win 2 more stanley cups to pass LA in Cups.

Reactions: Son of Gib

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Still not past the fact that this is the same Cam Talbot who somehow took us to 7 games in 2017. Man is a sieve

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Fiala just totally MIA. A guy they are relying on as an offense-driver (Although I believe he’s a complimentary guy) and just isn’t doing anything. Always has been generally quieter in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad