Around the NHL - (Playoffs Edition)

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Go Oilers! I want the Kings to experience no happiness. I appreciate that they're letting the Kings hang around in this one so that the pain is greater.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
EDM needs pp goals to win games. When they are not given multiple PPS. It's hard for them to score in bunches. Skinner did not play good

Reactions: Kalv

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
still think the oilers win the series, but its not going to be as easy as everyone thinks. wouldn't be surprised if it goes 7

they're not even getting to the finals with skinner in net

Reactions: Rybread86

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Go Oilers! I want the Kings to experience no happiness. I appreciate that they're letting the Kings hang around in this one so that the pain is greater.
I'm fully rooting for LA. Kings fans hate their team so much that they actually want the Oilers to win the series. An Oilers win in this series would make LA fans delirious with joy. Meanwhile as a Ducks fan, the Edmonton 1st round pick could easily slide into the 29-32 range. Seems like a lose-lose proposition to root for Edmonton.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
I'm fully rooting for LA. Kings fans hate their team so much that they actually want the Oilers to win the series. An Oilers win in this series would make LA fans delirious with joy. Meanwhile as a Ducks fan, the Edmonton 1st round pick could easily slide into the 29-32 range. Seems like a lose-lose proposition to root for Edmonton.
I hate the Kings too much to care about a few spots in the draft.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
This, plus I'm not aware of any Kings fans who hate their team so much that they actually want them to lose in the playoffs.
There are multiple threads and posts on their board...read them!

P
I hate the Kings too much to care about a few spots in the draft.
I used to feel the same way about such things when I was much much younger.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I dislike Edmonton more than the Kings. As a ducks fan, I feel our main enemies atm are Edmonton, Nashville, Colorado's elbows, always Detroit, Buffalo fans.
You can't forget Arizona/Utah, which have been the the chippiest games in years.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Oof, no chance I venture onto Kings boards. Why would I do that?
I go to other team's boards all the time (as well as the main board) b/c I am a hockey fan and I'm interested in what is going on with other teams. For me, it makes the sport more interesting and increases my overall knowledge of the game. In fact, I'm not sure I can think of a good answer why I wouldn't go to the boards of other teams...even a rival. Cooties perhaps?

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
I used to feel the same way about such things when I was much much younger.

I followed the Kings before the Ducks came into existence, so I don't really hate them. Little kid me is actually happy when they win, but I'm pretty indifferent now. But they ain't winning the Cup this year regardless.

The Oilers hate I had was mostly for the smugness of Glen Sather during the dynasty years, and the scuzzy way Kevin Lowe ran the show during his tenure. But that's all ancient history.

If the Oilers pick is going to go later, I'd just as soon Henrique win the damn Cup ... Don't go to the final 4 and screw our pick just to lose. But if they're gonna flame out then do it early so Henrique can get back home to his newborn.

Reactions: lwvs84 and tomd

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Stenlund has had a very good game tonight. I think he's my #1 4C target for us. He doesn't have a ton of speed or a lot of offensive ability, but he's big, great at faceoffs, blocks shots, and kills penalties.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I go to other team's boards all the time (as well as the main board) b/c I am a hockey fan and I'm interested in what is going on with other teams. For me, it makes the sport more interesting and increases my overall knowledge of the game. In fact, I'm not sure I can think of a good answer why I wouldn't go to the boards of other teams...even a rival. Cooties perhaps?
I love the NHL. But I'm a Ducks fan. I want to interact with Ducks fans. I consume a decent amount of national content that is put out by national media, but I only care about the Kings insomuch as I want them to lose.

It wouldn't be fun for me or their fans to head to their boards and tell them I hope their team is terrible forever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad