Series Talk: Around the NHL - Playoff edition as Round #1 kicks off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Helps when your starter posts a 0.962 save percentage .. That's obscene.
Leafs first signing should be BJs goalie coach. You just can't be this good and lucky to draft top Goalies like them.
The coaching and development must be a part of it.
Raptors first signing should be Popeye Jones as AGM.

In two years, Scott or Woll would be like Kop and Elvis and Jones will sign with the Leafs to be in the same city as his dad.
You heard it hear first.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Really wanted Chicago to tie the series. Also, canes fans are whining all over this site right now :laugh:

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Optimus Rime get the start, hope he's sharp, only weakness the Cane's have is in net........
Reimer is actually a pretty good goaltender. I think we would view him very differently if he didn't have the concussion problems here.

He's still a .914 career SV% goalie with his worst 3 seasons having concussion problems, and last year in Florida where he still had the best SV% on the team. And as you can see with Bobrovsky, playing behind that defense is a horrendous task.

He's just below guys like Miller/Holtby on the all time SV% list.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Good job Reims, crazy that 7 years later he's playing the Bruins in the playoffs.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
It's still early in the playoffs. But this CBJ team really reminds me of the 2003 Mighty Ducks.
I thought Columbus was supposed to be terrible after losing their two best players last year, and easy fodder for the Leafs to use as a warm-up on their Cup run?

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Funniest thing I've seen tonight is the Bruins fans complaining about the reffing in this game.

McAvoy rips off Staal's helmet and punches Svechnikov in the head when he missed a hit, then Krug trips over his own skates and the Canes get a penalty.

So the refs didn't completely sewer a team with calls against them despite some stupid stuff, and Bruins fans still lose their minds lol

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Nazem Kadri has 5 points in 4 games.

It seems like every decision Dubas has made is backfiring.

Kadri was the sole reason players on other teams weren't as excited to come bully Toronto as they are now. They know he's the one guy who will give it back to em.

Reactions: Koolboss

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Nazem Kadri has 5 points in 4 games.

It seems like every decision Dubas has made is backfiring.

Kadri was the sole reason players on other teams weren't as excited to come bully Toronto as they are now. They know he's the one guy who will give it back to em.
Who did we get bullied by this year? There was maybe one game where Wilson ran around targeting knees but I can't think of another game where we lost because somebody "bullied" us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad