Around the NHL: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Maybe I'm slow and catching on just now. Teams are inking long-term deals to get the superstars on the market knowing fully well that they are going to buy them out long before those contracts expire to save some dollars -- and factoring in the buyout penalties with the contract numbers.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Maybe I'm slow and catching on just now. Teams are inking long-term deals to get the superstars on the market knowing fully well that they are going to buy them out long before those contracts expire to save some dollars -- and factoring in the buyout penalties with the contract numbers.
There's always a team or two out there that will take a big cap and a small amount of dollars for a sweetner.

I see you Arizona.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
There is a rumor posting on the main boards that Vancouver left-handed defenseman Nate Scmidt who played under Gallant in Vegas is set to be traded.
He currently gets paid 5.9 million per year for four more years.
The OP states that the deal was reported as waiting for the Seattle Expansion Draft to conclude so the receiving team would not have to protect him.
So probably not us.
Nate Schmidt does play both Left and Right defense.
Here’s the link.
Rumor: - There's an accepted trade in place for Nate Schmidt

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I don’t like Ryan Graves coming back to the tristate area
Aside from him being guaranteed to score on the Rangers half of the games they play each other, why?

He's not good, and will get exposed outside of Colorado as he won't be insulated by the team. He'll rack up PP probably, but that's about it.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Aside from him being guaranteed to score on the Rangers half of the games they play each other, why?

He's not good, and will get exposed outside of Colorado. He'll rack up PP probably, but that's about it.
I guess I'm remembering things wrong. I thought Avs fans were singing his praises last year

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
There is a rumor posting on the main boards that Vancouver left-handed defenseman Nate Scmidt who played under Gallant in Vegas is set to be traded.
He currently gets paid 5.9 million per year for four more years.
The OP states that the deal was reported as waiting for the Seattle Expansion Draft to conclude so the receiving team would not have to protect him.
So probably not us.
Nate Schmidt does play both Left and Right defense.
Here’s the link.
Rumor: - There's an accepted trade in place for Nate Schmidt
No please. No. Maybe if he had a year or two. 4 years at basically 6 million per no thanks.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
No please. No. Maybe if he had a year or two. 4 years at basically 6 million per no thanks.
Agreed. If this is true I don’t know which team is willing to take on that contract with term through this flat cap period but I would guess Vancouver will be adding sweeteners. I read they are trying to free up cap space to keep two of their RFA’s.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Why do we think Buffalo wants Strome? he's almost a negative value for them. They aren't contending with him next year and they are not going to offer him a contract.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
they can flip him for assets.
at the TDL? Let's be honest how much is he gonna fetch when he has 20-25 points on a Sabres team by the TDL? A mid to late 2nd? I just don't think he's much value in a trade to the sabres. More value for us in order to offset some salary. But hey if we make a trade and he's in the deal great job Drury

Reactions: Captain Lindy

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
at the TDL? Let's be honest how much is he gonna fetch when he has 20-25 points on a Sabres team by the TDL? A mid to late 2nd? I just don't think he's much value in a trade to the sabres. More value for us in order to offset some salary. But hey if we make a trade and he's in the deal great job Drury

He’d get huge minutes there though so 20-25 points is probably a bit low.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

NHL had a exemption for the semi and cup final to enter. Now, if players and staff are vaccinated, they will be good for next season.

I'm sure they knew this would happen at some point, but I'm sure it is a relief knowing the border will be open this fall.

I'm sure players from the states that play in Canada will be happy too. Their families can make the move north now, especially if they are newly signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad