Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Lohrei just f***ed his team so hard here. Yikes.
8popn6.jpg

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
These last two games have been more in line with what most of us expected. Florida are the best team in the East, and Boston are a bit overrated and just went the limit in an emotional series.

The Bruins got our hopes up in game one, but it's time to start steeling ourselves for what is going to be a tough, tough series.

Reactions: mas0764

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Zadorov has been an absolute beast in the playoffs so far, a lot of fans said he sucked when I was suggesting we trade for him. He would be an awesome upgrade on Lindgren though he’s probably priced himself out of our budget
The fact that people think he could fetch as much as 6m per year on the open market is insane. Not saying the people suggesting that are insane, because it could happen. He has had an awesome playoffs so far, but he is what he is at this point. This spring is not changing it.

Zadorov is one of my favourite players in the league, but he's a 3rd pair defenceman on a good D-corps. To pay anything more than 3mil to him is insane, and anyone doing that will regret it.

And obviously the reason we didn't trade for him is the cap. Vancouver is taking on the full contract, because they were able to do so.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
"unlikely"??? Don't think I ever saw a team announce a player may not come back.

Reactions: Tob

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Could the refs secretly be
Florida wiping the floor with Boston.

Wish we could have a game like that.

Hopefully we get a big win in game 4

Marc Staal is going to lose his other eye if we get a lead like this in game 4. Canes will start taking us down with them. Rather not. Squeak out an unconvincing lucky win.

Reactions: FUZfan

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Second to last time the Rangers played the Panthers Tkachuk told Dave Malony between the bench that the Panthers were looking at it as the biggest game of the season. They ended up winning that one but the reason he said that was because he knew back then that if his team wanted a cup they would have to beat the Rangers. I gotta imagine seeing the Rangers go up 3 to 0 has them extra motivated to keep up so they don't have less rest time.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Until Barkov is regarded as in the same tier of players as MacKinnon and Matthews, he's underrated IMO. That dude is as good as it gets.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Is there some rule in the playoffs that once you go up by 4 you're supposed to go to sleep and allow the other team to get back in it?

Florida really lucky this isn't a 1 goal game right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad