Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Honestly, there's no team in the league that scares me more than the Avs. Even Georgiev isn't as much of a weakness for them because you know he'll turn into Hasek against us because this organization has been SO BAD to him. :rolleyes:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Who do we want to ultimately win between the Avs and Stars?

Either way, one of them will be gone in any case, lol
I would take the Stars and have the series go 7 games. That would make 2 difficult 7 game series and then hopefully another in the conference finals. The Avs have a few elite players and playing in that high altitude is a real home ice advantage.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Who do we want to ultimately win between the Avs and Stars?

Either way, one of them will be gone in any case, lol

Stars!

They have more elder vets, too many Game 7s will not do them any favors, and while Lundkvist is playing, he's getting the same minutes as Rempe, meaning the Stars are riding their other 5 D to the ground.

I expect them to collectively stop playing much like the Rangers did against the Devils back in 2012: like someone hit a switch in Game 4 and they weren't the same, and that was because Torts overly relied on 5D.

Same season we lost Sauer.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
Are the Toronto Maple Leafs ready to break up their core? Lord knows they should.

But...

Also, why does Brendan Shanahan still have that Team Presidents job?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Bad Playoff Performer Mitch Marner has the 12th best GF% of all forwards to play 200+ playoff minutes the last 3 years (124 players).

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Keep Nylander and Matthews. Fire Marner and Tavares into the sun.

Tavares has another year left at $11m cap hit but only $7.95m in real dollars. He also has a NMC.

Marner has a $10.93m cap hit but only $8.025m in real dollars. He also has a NMC.

I could see a team like Nashville taking Tavares if he would agree to go there. Maybe Chicago. The Leafs won't get much though unless they retain which kind of ruins the point.

Marner on the other hand is probably tougher. If I were him, I wouldn't accept a trade somewhere without a long term extension in place. That would mean it needs to be somewhere I want to play

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I don't like that

I doubt it happens until his current contract is up in 2 years. Keefe said he wanted to give his family the time they deserve. What better chance to do that than while you are getting paid to sit home.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
You think anybody on the Leafs will refuse to waive their NMCs when they've got the deranged mobs of Leafs nation banging on their windows with pitchforks and torches? They'll waive. Some of those guys have got to hate being in Toronto. Maybe not Marner and Tavares because they are natives but you think Matthews really cares about being a Leaf? He'd be happy to go to another market, especially a big American one like LA or Chicago

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I doubt it happens until his current contract is up in 2 years. Keefe said he wanted to give his family the time they deserve. What better chance to do that than while you are getting paid to sit home.
Ruff was just hired by Buffalo before his extenson kicked in with the Devils. AFAIK Devils have the money to pay the Leafs if they really want Keefe

You think anybody on the Leafs will refuse to waive their NMCs when they've got the deranged mobs of Leafs nation banging on their windows with pitchforks and torches? They'll waive. Some of those guys have got to hate being in Toronto. Maybe not Marner and Tavares because they are natives but you think Matthews really cares about being a Leaf? He'd be happy to go to another market, especially a big American one like LA or Chicago
Why would the Leafs want to trade Matthews (or Nylander)? They are the parts of the core 4 that actually work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad