Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

I'm no fan of Pasta but its hard to do much when you're the only top player on your team, the opponent can zero in on you then you as the Bruins have to rely on Marchand to do everything and then beyond him you got a bunch of whack like are you really going to ask Morgan Geekie to be your savior?

Reactions: will1066

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I mean, did he really? The Oilers were in WCF two years ago, and lost last year to the cup champions. They were labelled by many (albeit a lot of the more vocal media is Canadian) as probably the favourites to come out of the West.

Good on Knoblauch, but "turning a lottery team to a cup favourite"? Nah. He simply corrected the course of a cup favourite. And for me, he does deserve an Adams nomination, especially because he's a rookie at the NHL level.

Idk, I kind of think you are arguing semantics here. He quite literally took a team that was second worst in the NHL and now they are a cup favorite to many. Sure, it’s a course correction. Maybe any coach could have done the same with this roster. Can only comment on the one who did, the rest is just conjecture. Recent success doesn’t make it any less impressive for me personally. Teams fall off all the time from season to season.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I'm no fan of Pasta but its hard to do much when you're the only top player on your team, the opponent can zero in on you then you as the Bruins have to rely on Marchand to do everything and then beyond him you got a bunch of whack like are you really going to ask Morgan Geekie to be your savior?
That's what I see too. There isn't any more depth on that team, not with what they replaced their old depth with, and it's manifested in this series,

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'm going to respectfully challenge this, because even though she's dead, she's blind. There's no way she could've seen the play.
IMG_5300.gif

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I don't know if there's anything more Finnish sounding than Juuso Parssinen. Except for Kaapo Kakko

• Haha
Reactions: Row I Goon

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I keep repeating it but TNT/MAX is light years ahead of ESPN.

How is the gap that large? It makes no sense. From production, play by play, hosts and most important to me video quality.

I know ESPN might be good to help grow the game but I can’t wait until the deal is over

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
this nashville vancouver series is like 98% the most boring hockey ever played and 2% the most chaotic, beautiful mess of all the series being played.

of course the 2% has mostly been once I'm already asleep
I'm not lying when I say I can hardly keep my eyes open. And it's not even 8 pm yet

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Why are the goal lights on while the kids are leaving the house at night time. They’re not playing so who’s scoring goals? Is it a pre goal light since the kids are gone and the parents going to score? :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Cmox and will1066

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad